Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite confectionery?

Re: What's your favourite confectionery?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Well, you've sold it to me. Where can I get some of this heavenly chocolate?
    Well, I'm heading to Norway for a week in July (I think), and may possibly be going to Southport in September....

Although, how can I have that heavely chocolate in the house, and not scoff the lot before Southport???

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Well, I'm heading to Norway for a week in July (I think), and may possibly be going to Southport in September....

Although, how can I have that heavely chocolate in the house, and not scoff the lot before Southport???
    If you're prepared to do a choccy run that's fab......!! Honestly the Freia chocolate beats Dairy Milk hands down....

Can you put me down for some too. I will have to follow my nose to find you at Southport.

Meanwhile "Double chocolate" is pretty good.

Steve

Just returned from a shop run and looking at the goodies I have....Worcester Sauce flavour Crisps

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    flavour Crisps
    Yum. Have you tried the new spicy doritos in the red packet? They are lovely.

oooh....I'll look out for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    If you're prepared to do a choccy run that's fab......!! Honestly the Freia chocolate beats Dairy Milk hands down....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    Can you put me down for some too. I will have to follow my nose to find you at Southport.

Meanwhile "Double chocolate" is pretty good.

Steve
    Hmmm, I could set up a lucrative business, transporting chocolate from Norway to Britain.

Seriously, I could buy some, and if you want to taste some, that's fine, if you want your own bar of chocolate, (King Size is 250 or 300 grams, I think, big bars are 200 grams, then there's 100 grams and 50 grams..... I think), tell me what you want, and I'll see what I can do. I'd need some money, though, if I was getting lots of chocolate for everyone!

Mezzo - if we're not going to be at the same venue at any point in the future, I could either send it with someone going to Inverness, or stick it in the post?

I personally always get a few King Size bars when I go home. Yuuuummmm!

Warning - very addictive, and about twice the price of British chocolate!

Fletch...I wasn't posh enough/rich enough to buy in quarters.

didn't you know I was a posh bird from Aston

Once upon a time it was Cherry Ripe bars (in Oz), all-time favourite was dark chocolate covered cumquat pieces from a Belgian food market (friends took me to his stand as he was their favourite too) but favourite 'everyday' is dark chocolate with orange & slivered almonds - from Aldi.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    Once upon a time it was Cherry Ripe bars (in Oz), all-time favourite was dark chocolate covered cumquat pieces from a Belgian food market (friends took me to his stand as he was their favourite too) but favourite 'everyday' is dark chocolate with orange & slivered almonds - from Aldi.
    Ah! the famous Cherry Ripe - I hated them - in 3 1/2 years out there, I could never bring myself to finish one......the choc in Australia tastes a bit funny to me - rumour has it that there is an "antimelt" ingredient....

However, if talking of Southern Hemisphere treats.....New Zealand Naturals icecreams and soft yogurt icecreams.... oh my... transport me to heavenly delights.....

Unfortunately my mum-in-law can't send that in the post... so chicken twisties and milo have to do...

actually milo sprinkled on ice cream is absolutely gorgeous too.

PS - LM, I'll send you a PM re the Freia... that's too good a chance to miss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    Ah! the famous Cherry Ripe - I hated them - in 3 1/2 years out there, I could never bring myself to finish one......the choc in Australia tastes a bit funny to me - rumour has it that there is an "antimelt" ingredient....

However, if talking of Southern Hemisphere treats.....New Zealand Naturals icecreams and soft yogurt icecreams.... oh my... transport me to heavenly delights.....

Unfortunately my mum-in-law can't send that in the post... so chicken twisties and milo have to do...

actually milo sprinkled on ice cream is absolutely gorgeous too.

Oooh, Milo - had forgotten about that. It's good on ice-cream, but also if you forget to close the lid properly, it forms into chocolately lumps. Yum! However, don't know how you can eat chicken Twisties ... now the cheese ones ... they're scrummy. Every year or two I pick up a packet at the Australia shop - along with Cottees lime cordial.

I really do need to introduce you to Melkesjokolade..... If you think Dairy Milk or Galaxy is good, you'll think your taste buds have died and gone to milk chocolate heaven after tasting Freia Melkesjokolade!
    I don't know about Jamie , but I have a sort of excuse for being addicted to Dairy Milk (and Galaxy too)

I used to be very prone to Migraines - so much so that I went through a load of food plans to test for sensitivity...

I came up being definitely allergic to citrus (tailing off now but there is still too much real citrus used by Lemoncake for me to risk her trademark cake. )

I also came up positive (though not so strongly) for dark chocolate.. As a result I played safe, and although I can risk a square or two now and then (which tend to keep me awake til 3am because of the caffiene hit) I have now got my sweet tooth too used to good old DM, and Bourneville and the like taste far too bitter now

Cheers
    Whitetiger

PS: Do Hershey use the anti melt ingredient too? I always reluctantly come to the conclusion that it tastes really odd, and I'm just wondering if it was my taste buds alone?

When I was Younger I used to get sherbet (not the fountain) With Bassets Liquorice and the Sherbet was called rainbow crystals (A Northan Manchester thing)
    Haribo, Doritos and Chocolate does it for me. Really want Junk/comfprt food now!!

Look What I found Clicky
    OK Clueless - you have just won me a trip to Woolies to compare prices on Giant Cola Bottles, Flying Saucers (ooh student parties ), and Fried Eggs.

Thank you

(PS my bank hates you )

Whitetiger

for me it has to be strawberry laces or apple laces or cola laces well any laces to be fair and licorish rubbish at spelling. oooooooooo does anybody know weather you can still buy black jacks and fruit salad sweets from any where

Just returned from a shop run and looking at the goodies I have....Worcester Sauce flavour Crisps

not seen this flavour in ages... must go raid local shops tonight

You sound like a drug dealer.

"Go on...the first bar's for free, but I'll be doing a 'choc run' before southport if you wanna put your order in."

Blog Entries

I cant remember what they are called but they used to be little bars of choc with pink coconut inside and were delicious. What are they called tho..... so annoying, anybody know.?

You sound like a drug dealer.

"Go on...the first bar's for free, but I'll be doing a 'choc run' before southport if you wanna put your order in."
    Errr... Yes? I did say it's addictive, so people can't say they weren't warned...

But the first bar for free...? I think not! Maybe the first square. That should be enough to get people hooked, and become completely dependent on me. Mwahahahahahaha!

Little Monkey - the Norwegian Chocolate Pusher

Errr... Yes? I did say it's addictive, so people can't say they weren't warned...

But the first bar for free...? I think not! Maybe the first square. That should be enough to get people hooked, and become completely dependent on me. Mwahahahahahaha!

Little Monkey - the Norwegian Chocolate Pusher
    Oh Man!!!! That makes me a choccy junkie and hooked on LM's beautiful chocolate bars..... another fix is required (hey! I go about 12 months between bars so I don't see it as a "problem", if you see what I mean!)

She wouldn't give us a bar free... I know what that stuff costs and it has to be rationed in my house.... I hide it all over the place when I can get some.... Oh Dear! this is sounding worse isn't it!!!

Praline Flakes

So good I've just gobbled 2 and I don't normally eat chocolate

Thread Information