• Stewart 38

0 0%
  • Wittybird

0 0%
  • It's ME, I am the most "tedious" poster

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most "tedious" poster?

Commercial Operator

Re: Who is the most "tedious" poster?

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Ah but there are people out there who just give some people rep because they are who they are. I.E. if Amir said all beginners should be shot, DJ would agree and, possibly, give him rep.
    That's probably more to do with the fact that Amir would likely say it in a very amusing way. Anyway - everyone's far less likely to give advice like that since you started intermediate classes

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    That's probably more to do with the fact that Amir would likely say it in a very amusing way. Anyway - everyone's far less likely to give advice like that since you started intermediate classes
    Ah, I've always done intermediate class right from my first lesson so HA!

Re: Andy McGregor is the most "tedious" poster...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Well assuming that the 'reputation total' does in fact represent positive rep, the ratios are as follows:

Andy Mc - 4.4627
    DS - 4.2569
    Raul - 2.1428
    WF - 9.2707
    Gadget - 4.1052
    Franck - 1.9577
    Rocky - 1.900
    MH - 2.1627
    Stew38 - 3.5026
    WB - 2.2728
    DJ - 3.1284

For the thickies amongst you, in the way that I have calculated it, the lowest scores represent the people with most positive rep per post. On this basis by far the most tedious person on the forum (as listed above) is WoodFace. Fighting for second place are Andy and DS and the most loved person from the list is in fact..... me (of course).

No surprise there really.. so you can all stick your pipes up your sweaty ars*es and smoke them - of course you can only do that in a public place until the 1st of July. Old shag anyone?
    Well the other way of calculating it - which I posted about before, is probably more realistic. It provided the ratio of the average number of posts & views per thread - and I calculated this for a few different people for 2007.

--- see this:

This in a way might give a kind of 'value' contribution of starting threads.

For 2007, for me, so far:

65 threads
    1,126 replies

So.............
    reply:thread ratio is 17.3
    view:thread ratio is 318.2

The benchmark might be David James: he comes in as:

50 threads (give or take 1 or 2 - it's bit more complex to calculate)
    1,623 replies

reply:thread ratio of 32.5
    view:thread ratio of 529

So - in essence, David James's threads result in nearly twice as many replies.

Can't be bothered to do anyone else's - it takes about 5 mins per member.

Actually should be done on a per word basis as I post quite abit in the song title thread and others like that, whilst Andy, DS and others ramble on about nothing half the time.
    I just tried to rep. Woodface for his advice on my Freeds and I can't. (Need to spread it around).

If we are not allowed to rep some posters till we have repped other "lesser" posters this will have some bearing on rep/post totals. Mine is terrible, but I do play lots of games.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Mainly complaints though.

Mainly complaints though.
    Possibly - though that does not equate necessarily to tedium.

Ditto that young Woodface chap.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post

Can't be bothered to do anyone else's - it takes about 5 mins per member.
    I'm, errr, honoured - and possibly spooked out - that you spent time calculating that.

Ah but there are people out there who just give some people rep because they are who they are. I.E. if Amir said all beginners should be shot, DJ would agree and, possibly, give him rep.
    Possibly

Amazingly enough, I have disagreed with Amir (on the proper dance forum ) - and occasionally he's even taken this feedback on board. In my book, that willingness to listen makes him worthy of respect. And it's no coincidence that the people I least respect simply refuse to listen to feedback...

Anyway, this goes to show that the whole rep system is silly - I've been saying that for over a year now. The only posters with a large rep score who actually deserve it for their dance-related posts are Franck and David Franklin - everyone else has accumulated rep either because they're popular for either popularity or because they've posted a lot.

It should be either junked, or all scores reset to zero, in my opinion.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Amazingly enough, I have disagreed with Amir (on the proper dance forum ) - and occasionally he's even taken this feedback on board. In my book, that willingness to listen makes him worthy of respect. And it's no coincidence that the people I least respect simply refuse to listen to feedback...

It should be either junked, or all scores reset to zero, in my opinion.
    I always take feedback on board. Whether I action it or not depends on my opinion of the feedback. Just because Andy McG says I dont doesn't mean it's true. Andy says aload of stuff thats a load of balls. Ask him and he will tell you that himself. Hes the worst offender for provoking on the forum, he just does it in a way that gets his allies (gus mainly) to agree with him. Read the threads with arguments in and you will see that for yourself.

Agree with rep being reset though. Doesn't this happen every so often?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always take feedback on board. Whether I action it or not depends on my opinion of the feedback.
    OK, let me rephrase that: You have a tendency to give the impression, by your posts on the forum, that you wilfully ignore constructive criticism, which is volunteered in good faith. This may be a false impression, but that's the one that I and others have formed, based on your posts on the forum.

If you don't want to create / continue that impression, you should give some evidence that you've taken comments on board, by posting to that effect on the forum.

Just because Andy McG says I dont doesn't mean it's true.
    If you think I'm swayed by Andy's opinion, on - well, anything - you're nuts.

Andy says aload of stuff thats a load of balls. Ask him and he will tell you that himself. Hes the worst offender for provoking on the forum, he just does it in a way that gets his allies (gus mainly) to agree with him. Read the threads with arguments in and you will see that for yourself.
    I'm pretty sure that Andy and Gus haven't formed an Evil Alliance with the explicit aim of Overthrowing the Republic Of Woodface. Well, not until now at least...

But even if they had, that wouldn't account for the fact that other dancers who clearly know what they're talking about (for example, David Franklin, TheTramp and straycat23456), have stated equally strong opinions, which you've also either dismissed or ignored (again, based on your forum responses).

If you don't want people to react to your "forum persona", if you're now saying it's "not the real me" then why did you create such a "controversial" persona in the first place? It seems a strange thing to do...

Agree with rep being reset though. Doesn't this happen every so often?
    It happened about 2 1/2 years ago - which is why people like myself, ESG, Wittybird etc (who all joined just after then and posted loads) have high rep scores, but people like TheTramp don't. So it's also discriminatory against established members.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

OK, let me rephrase that: You have a tendency to give the impression, by your posts on the forum, that you wilfully ignore constructive criticism, which is volunteered in good faith. This may be a false impression, but that's the one that I and others have formed, based on your posts on the forum.

If you don't want to create / continue that impression, you should give some evidence that you've taken comments on board, by posting to that effect on the forum.
    Like what when I thanked DF for his advice he gave me on the swan drop and started using it or the time Stray gave me some usefull pointers and I thanked him for his help or are we talking about the time Gus said I needed help dancing on the beat because a freind told him I couldn't or the time Andy anouced that I attended a workshop and told the teacher how to do things (which was compleate lies BTW i even caught him out with it asking what teacher it was!!)

You post me one comment that suggests I have not taken useful decent advice on board and I'll dof my hat to you DJ.

Anyway, this goes to show that the whole rep system is silly - I've been saying that for over a year now. The only posters with a large rep score who actually deserve it for their dance-related posts are Franck and David Franklin
    I wish that were so, but I'm sure the majority of rep I've got has been for jokes. I think I got over 100 rep points for the first "David Jones' Diary" post (and probably nearer 200 points for the thread). And I got rather a lot for the 2 aerials avatars when I first created them.

[pause for quick UserCP check]

It's (a lot) worse than I thought. Of the last 20 reps:

14 were for jokes (mainly the RaNsOm NoTe post)
    2 were for defending Woodface against hearsay attacks
    2 were about dance etiquette
    1 was about progression of MJ technique over the years (so semi-technical)
    1 was actually about dance technique

Personally, I think the funniest comment about rep was that at one point early on, it seemed most of woodface's rep came from people who'd meant to neg-rep him and pressed the wrong button. The anguished posts from forumites saying "I can't believe I just did that" were deeply amusing.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Personally, I think the funniest comment about rep was that at one point early on, it seemed most of woodface's rep came from people who'd meant to neg-rep him and pressed the wrong button. The anguished posts from forumites saying "I can't believe I just did that" were deeply amusing.
    Only Trampy done that. He ment to neg rep me for complaining about Andys Neg rep. Something I didn't know about at the time.

Most tedious poster - could that include someone who has included umpteen pictures of themselves on the who's who thread.........self-admiration bores me.....yawn!

Wink Re: Who is the most "tedious" poster?

Haven' you forgotton someone??? The illustruous Clive Long, proud father of DavidJ he learnt him all he knew and was the founder poster I think of proud Pendant's Thread

He was not only tedious, he was meticulously tedious

Those were the days standards have slipped since then,,,

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Moderators could you please re-title this thread because Mr Andy McGregor has an unfair advantage of publicity which others in the poll haven't.
    Hey, I created this thread to prove I was tedious. Do you think somebody as tedious as me would have made it fair?

If you think I'm swayed by Andy's opinion, on - well, anything - you're nuts.

But even if they had, that wouldn't account for the fact that other dancers who clearly know what they're talking about (for example, David Franklin, TheTramp and straycat23456), have stated equally strong opinions, which you've also either dismissed or ignored (again, based on your forum responses).

If you don't want people to react to your "forum persona", if you're now saying it's "not the real me" then why did you create such a "controversial" persona in the first place? It seems a strange thing to do...

It happened about 2 1/2 years ago - which is why people like myself, ESG, Wittybird etc (who all joined just after then and posted loads) have high rep scores, but people like TheTramp don't. So it's also discriminatory against established members.
    Thank you DJ. I was starting to weaken and was thinking about taking woodface off my ignore list.

I'm pretty sure that Andy and Gus haven't formed an Evil Alliance with the explicit aim of Overthrowing the Republic Of Woodface. Well, not until now at least...
    Gus and I have formed and evil alliance. But it's got nothing to do with woodface. That objective is far too small fry for us. However, I'm not going to say what our objective is because we might start to sound interesting and I'm campaigning to win this election.

However, I have taken a realistic look at the competition and Rocky is starting to worry me. That guy is so tedious! He's invented ways to be tedious that I could never have thought of myself. I'm going to have to take mind-altering drugs to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    on the top of my head, I can think of at least 2 forumites with a better ratio, i.e. CeeCee (impressive ), and Amir... there may be others...
    0.53 and 0.23 respectively.

I can't believe I'm playing this game...
    Val Forsey - .0869 now THAT'S impressive. I think I should marry her straight away...

I know you can't bring yourself to say it Andy so I've altered your post to express what you really meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    However, I have taken a realistic look at the competition and Rocky is starting to worry me. That guy is so popular! He's invented ways to be popular that I could never have thought of myself. I'm going to have to take more mind-altering drugs to keep my pecker up

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I know you can't bring yourself to say it Andy so I've altered your post to express what you really meant to say.
    It seems that Rocky had invented a whole new class of drug and is currently testing it on himself

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    It seems that Rocky had invented a whole new class of drug and is currently testing it on himself
    it does make you wonder doesnt it ?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

so it the most "tedious" stll being banned

Thread Information