Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don't they all do that.

Re: Why don't they all do that.

I think this has been discussed once of twice before, but I don’t think covering up the fact you have not washed, showered or changed your shirt, by applying some deodorant is particularly hygienic

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    I think this has been discussed once of twice before, but I don’t think covering up the fact you have not washed, showered or changed your shirt, by applying some deodorant is particularly hygienic

has been discussed, but we have to remember there are new people on the forum all the time. so still good

Wash or shower, change of clothes.. some people do forget. Not good.

It takes me back to a particular girl who was incredibly sexy, who had the hots for me... thing is she was a dance teacher by day.... came to MJ/Ceroc ... but forgot to wash before... sex factor 100% smell factor 1%

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    but forgot to wash
    Sorry, there's loads of things one could be forgiven for forgetting but WASHING????
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Sorry, there's loads of things one could be forgiven for forgetting but WASHING????
    you will be amazed the amount of people who turn up to ceroc from work without washing!!!

Could be a new poll - if only people were honest

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    There's no excuse for not washing before dancing.

When you think how close the contact is, even on beginners moves, it's amazing that anyone would assume it's ok not to wash. Yuk...!

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post

IMO wet wipes are preferable to deodorant. Though deodorising wet wipes might be best of all.

Also the lingering smell from cans of deodorant is often quite sickening over a wide area. (I assume any deodorant provided by a venue will be aerosols for hygiene reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    I know we should all wear deodorant before going, but you would be supprised at how many men you see in the loos, changing their shirt without a top up...
    There is strong logic in replacing deodorant removed by a wet wipe etc.

The utility of 'topping up' during basic shirt changes seems debatable.

It takes me back to a particular girl who was incredibly sexy, who had the hots for me... thing is she was a dance teacher by day.... came to MJ/Ceroc ... but forgot to wash before... sex factor 100% smell factor 1%

So you thought this girl had the hots for you. The lengths people go to to make it clear she didn't

you will be amazed the amount of people who turn up to ceroc from work without washing!!!

But surely that depends in part on what your job is? The woman you mentioned was a dance teacher - she was bound to get sweaty during the day and washing would be the obvious thing to do.

If you're at a desk job all day, it's not quite the same. You don't get sweaty! It's not always possible to wash in workplace toilets as there is no privacy. However, a wipe with a deodorising towel or good spray of deodorant and a change of top should sort that out, so long as you showered and were clean that morning. This is what I used to do, and I have it on good authority that I've never smelt anything less than sweet! Having said all that, if I go home before dancing (which I do a lot at the moment), I shower.

I'm hypernosmic (which sort of makes Beo and I quite well matched as he's anosmic - I'm slightly deaf, he has super-sensitive hearing) and can detect smells that other people can't. Yesterday, my colleague was having a meeting with two women at her desk, next to mine. Every time I went past, I could smell one of them. I mentioned it afterwards, and neither her, nor another colleague nearby, could detect a thing. I know that this applies to my own personal body odours too, from a conversation with a friend recently (not saying any more than that!).

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

In hastings there used to be a fish monger and his wife. the whole room stank. Don't know if he didn't shower or if it was just engrained on him.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post

(I assume any deodorant provided by a venue will be aerosols for hygiene reasons).
    No, no, no, aerosols harm the planet.

I use roll on, despite having to wait for it to dry. However it dries quick if you blow hot air on yourself from the hand dryer in some toilets.

There is strong logic in replacing deodorant removed by a wet wipe etc.
    Yes, I use wet wipes to wipe off the old deoderant, before applying new.

The utility of 'topping up' during basic shirt changes seems debatable.
    I agree, putting new over old does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    True, but do you really want to use a roll-on in the loos at your venue which has been used by everyone else and will have their sweat/skin cells on it? Roll-ons are fine for private use, but not communal. You can get pump action sprays though - they would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    True, but do you really want to use a roll-on in the loos at your venue which has been used by everyone else and will have their sweat/skin cells on it?
    I was thinking along the lines of small individual roll -ons, like Tessalicious's mints.

You can get pump action sprays though - they would be better.
    Yes, my second choice would be a communal pump action spray, more green too.

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    In hastings there used to be a fish monger and his wife. the whole room stank. Don't know if he didn't shower or if it was just engrained on him.
    My brother used to manage a fish counter in Sainsbury's and I can confirm that the smell does become ingrained after a while.

I noticed that there was a can of deoderant for general use in the Gents at the last Twyford freestyle. I tend to use the freebie samples that Nivea were giving away in Reading town centre a little while back. Walk two or three times through the shopping centre and its amazing how many you can accumulate

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    But surely that depends in part on what your job is? The woman you mentioned was a dance teacher - she was bound to get sweaty during the day and washing would be the obvious thing to do.

If you're at a desk job all day, it's not quite the same. You don't get sweaty!

Could someone explain why I need to shower/wash between a day at work sat at my desk & then going straight out dancing afterwards. During the daytime, the most exercise I ever get is walking the 25 metres across the office to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea. The office is air conditioned to a cool temperature (some of my colleagues wear a jumper in the office due to the cold).

If I've lots of work to do, I'll quite happily go straight from work to dancing, with just enough time to grab some tea via a takeaway enroute. I don't have time to get washed, and consider it of negligible benefit. I'll get far more sweaty in the first 10 minutes that I'm dancing than I would have done for the whole previous 11 hours of the day!

My concern is more about making sure that I eat something completely non-smelly as I consider this to be more important. I would normally try to brush my teeth before going out if I have time; I reckon that mints are just a vague attempt to mask a smell, whilst brushing teeth followed by mouthwash actually reduces breath smell.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    If I've lots of work to do, I'll quite happily go straight from work to dancing, with just enough time to grab some tea via a takeaway enroute. I don't have time to get washed, and consider it of negligible benefit. I'll get far more sweaty in the first 10 minutes that I'm dancing than I would have done for the whole previous 11 hours of the day!

Yes you are one of the smelly ones...

Wash and go...

new sweat does not smell.

Yes you are one of the smelly ones...

Wash and go...

new sweat does not smell.
    But if I'm sat at my desk on a Fri afternoon getting distracted by dance fora websites, I'm only going to sweat a negligible amount. If I only sweat a negligible amount, won't I only smell a negligible amount?

(Don't get me wrong, I attempt to be as smell neutral as possible, but how can I get smelly if it's cold in the office, I had a shower before I left home in the morning, and I'm doing no physical effort?)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    But if I'm sat at my desk on a Fri afternoon getting distracted by dance fora websites, I'm only going to sweat a negligible amount. If I only sweat a negligible amount, won't I only smell a negligible amount?

(Don't get me wrong, I attempt to be as smell neutral as possible, but how can I get smelly if it's cold in the office, I had a shower before I left home in the morning, and I'm doing no physical effort?)
    speak to my ex.... she had the same argument

So you now smell a negligable amount...

Wash and go...

The Dashing Moderator

Please could venues make sure there is soap in the men's toilets.
    Why just the men's? Are you saying that the women's toliets don't need soap?
    Love dance, will travel

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Why just the men's? Are you saying that the women's toliets don't need soap?
    Of course, it goes without saying

but I also feel obliged to point out a major difference between the genders here... women don't actually need to have any form of direct contact with their genitalia to go to the loo, in fact, i'd go as far as to say it would be strange if they did!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I thought toilet hand dryers were meant to be a breeding place for germs. Musta misread.

Another thing that harms the planet is excessive washing.

Thread Information