Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't they all do that.

Re: Why don't they all do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    Another thing that harms the planet is excessive washing.
    Surely having one shower a day is not excessive. You can bet your ass there are a lot of dancers who do not manage one shower a week, let alone a day.

I'm sure having a 2 minute shower every day uses less water than a bath once a week, which is what folks did 50 years ago.

Please educate me as to how washing is bad for the planet.

I thought toilet hand dryers were meant to be a breeding place for germs. Musta misread.
    No, you are RIGHT Martin. I try never to use them, as the germs come out of the ventilation system with the hot air.

(It's the same with air vents too. A doctor told my friend that the intensive care ward at St.Thomas's in London was the worst ward, as all the ducts emptied there germs there. This was 20 years ago, not now).

In fact, yesterday I bought a deoderant stick, which doesn't leave marks on black clothes, and dries instantly.

Recycled paper towels or the old towel roller system. Which is greener?[/quote]

Another thing that harms the planet is excessive washing.
    That's where men win out. They have a smaller carbon footprint because they wash less.

Though personally I have to queue or sneak in quick for my my shower, because my two teenage boys spend hours in there. (not together, I might add).

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Surely having one shower a day is not excessive. You can bet your ass there are a lot of dancers who do not manage one shower a week, let alone a day.

Cor some people really pong! I can perhaps understand that some people choose to go dancing straight from work, and just freshen up, as much they can.
    But unless they have a medical reason or they have been doing hard labour (?), there is no way that a person can smell so bad in half a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Surely having one shower a day is not excessive.
    Sure. I prefer to have my shower a day in the morning, so I can wash the stale sweat off from yesterday, rather than having it between work and dancing. There seemed to be a suggestion that this was insufficient.

Sure. I prefer to have my shower a day in the morning, so I can wash the stale sweat off from yesterday, rather than having it between work and dancing. There seemed to be a suggestion that this was insufficient.
    Yup, that is what I was suggesting

There is always some build up of bacteira during the day, even after a morning shower, then if you sweat while dancing, it is the old bacteria that causes the smell, a simple wash under the arms before dancing takes 1 minute. Even a wet wipe and a towel - not too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yup, that is what I was suggesting

There is always some build up of bacteira during the day, even after a morning shower, then if you sweat while dancing, it is the old bacteria that causes the smell, a simple wash under the arms before dancing takes 1 minute. Even a wet wipe and a towel - not too much effort.
    If all you are doing is office work and not working up a sweat during the day AND you've used a decent anti-perspirant/deodorant (combined version) in the morning after you've showered, then you should not be smelly by the end of the day. The whole purpose of these products is to either stop you sweating and/or kill off the bacteria which cause the smell. So if you've committed bacterial genocide in the morning, you should be safe. If you've got problems after that, then it might be worth having it checked out medically, as there could be something else wrong.

Of course women who shave their armpits have an advantage here - the hair under the arms is gives these bacteria a home. Remove it, and you cut down the bacteria.

Although it's not always possible for me to shower prior to going dancing, where it is, I unfortuantely end up having 3 showers in the day - morning, before dancing, after dancing. I HATE going to bed all sweaty

Thread Information