14 22.95%
  • LeRoc's Leatherhead - Friday

3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 22-23-24 June

Commercial Operator

Re: Weekend 22-23-24 June

On Saturday I'm going on a rare excursion off my home patch, to go dancing at Jag Jive in Bookham, Surrey.
    Even rarer, I'm going with my other half,(We hardly ever get to dance together!) so I'm really looking forward to it.
    I see it's not on the poll, so is anyone else going?

Tour de Danse for me, not sure about Friday or Sunday yet, I've been invited to the Casbah, but do we have a definitive answer whether Ashton's is on or not?

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    Friday - another trip to Ikea.

Saturday - going to a dance party dressed in a grass skirt and 2 cocoa nuts. Sis is coming along too still unsure how she is going to get her boobs in 2 scallop shells

Sunday - may go to Berkhampstead.

Friday - going for drinks with some friends

Saturday - Off to a Hawaiian party not sure if the scallop shells will stay put but hey ho

Sunday- up at 6am to be up the stables for 7am to get horses ready for a showing show must be crazy!!! got to be there from 9am til 6pm

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Saturday - Off to a Hawaiian party not sure if the scallop shells will stay put but hey ho
    Hope you're not going to Finchley, coz that was last week and you might look a bit silly turning up there dressed like that on this Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Yep you can now go for £33.75 each

Tough if you booked early and paid a higher price
    Bear that in mind for any future ones Stewart - it seems that last minute deals are the way to go with Allsopp events

Good on Mike for trying to encourage a few more dancers for you guys to dance with

Quote Originally Posted by McJester View Post
    Ahh still a young sweet thing, enjoy and party hard this weekend

McJester
    Not much partying for me, with my 6 1/2 year old niece staying for the weekend....

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Hope you're not going to Finchley, coz that was last week and you might look a bit silly turning up there dressed like that on this Saturday...
    No, a friend is holding a party near Hemel, thanks for the warning mind

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
    I tried to do that at southport this June, as I am sure someone else had once before, but they refused to deliver to a 'business address'. How did you get round that ???
    ( i tried ringing the local tesco branch to see if they could bend the rules, but according to the tesco website there isn't a tesco in Formby !!! - you know the big one we all shop at on the way - it doesn't exist !)
    It did take a while but I thought it was worth it especially as I was supposed to bring the food for five then two people wanted a lift with me 0- its a very small car!!

STEP by step
    Phone the holiday park and arrange for the delivery to be accepted by reception and for you to collect it Explain that you are orgnaising the food for a large party of people for the weekend and elicit sympathy (give then your mobile number in case you are delayed)

Phone Tescos customer services (it will put you through to your local delivery branch)

Ask for the number of a tescos near where you are staying and explain that you are arranging a holiday drop

Phone the number of the tecos delivery group to that is near to where you are staying and be very nice (give then your mobile number in case you are delayed and the number of the holiday place)

Then phone your local customer service number and ask to be put through to technical support as you need to arrange a business address to be added to the delivery addresss list

When you are put through to technical support explain that you need a business address adding as a tempory address as you are going on holiday and confirm that it has been agreed with the holiday park and the local tesco branch

they will then add it as a delivery address

Complete the order. Adding the number of reception and your mobile phone number (by this point you may be feeling a little jaded but hey your nearly through)

Easy really - Took about an hour in total but better than going shopping

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS View Post
    Easy really - Took about an hour in total but better than going shopping
    and quicker too

Registered User Almost an Angel's Avatar
    Heaven of course, currently on secondment to purgatory

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Not much partying for me, with my 6 1/2 year old niece staying for the weekend....
    Awww have some hugs.

You can feel sorry for me too as I'm niece and nephew sitting on Saturday (why did I think this was a good idea) They're 3 & 5, my brother is away for the weekend so they're staying with my parents - however they have an appointment they cant miss during the day and won't be back till about 10pm. Cue one evil aunty roped into babysit.

I have a day of Toys'r'us, the park and generally tiring them out planned.

I'm hoping to make Woking on Saturday night for some dancing relief once my parents have returned and relieved me from child sitting duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost an Angel View Post
    Awww have some hugs.

You can feel sorry for me too as I'm niece and nephew sitting on Saturday (why did I think this was a good idea) They're 3 & 5, my brother is away for the weekend so they're staying with my parents - however they have an appointment they cant miss during the day and won't be back till about 10pm. Cue one evil aunty roped into babysit.

I have a day of Toys'r'us, the park and generally tiring them out planned.

I'm hoping to make Woking on Saturday night for some dancing relief once my parents have returned and relieved me from child sitting duties.
    Well, my birthday will be spent at Edinburgh Castle, the Disney Store, and doing lots of touristy stuff. The evening will probably be spent at home, with a dvd, pizza and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Have some hugs, too (from one evil auntie to another... ):

Enjoy Woking. Hope the arm is on the mend, too?

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

Today I am off to the races indoors in Coventry, not been before but I am told you still dress up and do the bets with plenty of champers and nibbles with a bunch of girls so should be fun as I am going with this lot to Marbella in Sept, and sat I will be going to the Tour de France in Daventry, I went to last year's one and had a fab night I must now go and get myself ready so I am signing off.

Commercial Operator

Fabulous opening night at Utopia Derby. Really wasn't feeling in the mood to go tonight. Usually find Utopia's hard to get into and feel the vibe. Tonight was a different story though and I'm so pleased I decided to go.

Really friendly lady on reception and a sensual and romantic ambiance. Very soft lighting and candles on the tables with little pots of sweets. I couldn't get my shoes changed quick enough when I heard the mind blowing music that was being played by Silver Fox and Rocky. As soon as I started dancing I could feel the vibe. This was a first for Utopia and it was down to the atmosphere but more importantly the music.

Until tonight i really didn't fancy the prospect of the Utopia weekend. 3 consecutive days of slow dancing. However now i have experienced it done Rocky and Silver Fox style then I am definitely going to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Fabulous opening night at Utopia Derby. Really friendly lady on reception and a sensual and romantic ambiance. Very soft lighting and candles on the tables with little pots of sweets. I couldn't get my shoes changed quick enough when I heard the mind blowing music that was being played by Silver Fox and Rocky. As soon as I started dancing I could feel the vibe. This was a first for Utopia and it was down to the atmosphere but more importantly the music.

Until tonight i really didn't fancy the prospect of the Utopia weekend. 3 consecutive days of slow dancing. However now i have experienced it done Rocky and Silver Fox style then I am definitely going to reconsider.
    I had a great night. It was fantastic to meet Freya and Caro for the first time and had some really good dances with a lot of ladies.

The DJing was top draw stuff from all three. Hopefully we will more of Chris French at these events.

For me the only dissappiontment was the midnight finish - way too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Dynamo View Post

For me the only dissappiontment was the midnight finish - way too early.
    The numbers were even last night at Chiswick, and there were some delicious dancers, but the heat was so overpowering I had to leave before midnight.

I finally met the lovely Twirly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    You should definitely book. These guys (also ZW & Oxo) can slow it down with little of the mind numbing suicide Blues you heard at Southport.

Where the fcuk was Boogie Tonight??!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    The numbers were even last night at Chiswick, and there were some delicious dancers, but the heat was so overpowering I had to leave before midnight.
    Especially in the Blues room - sorry, Chillout Room, or whatever it's called now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Where the fcuk was Boogie Tonight??!
    Noticably absent.... Don't worry though, we GUARANTEE to play it a number of times at the Utopia urban weekender in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

I finally met the lovely Twirly.
    Lovely to meet you too Astro, and yes, it was unbelievably hot and humid. Fortunately I did take a spare dress - though not much I could do about the leaky head syndrome apart from put my hair up (which some leads then used for target practice )

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Especially in the Blues room - sorry, Chillout Room, or whatever it's called now...

I think it should have been called "the Broiler Room"! Had two dances in there - and could hardly breathe it was so stuffy. Had to retreat to the main room. Not exactly blues or chill-out either.

I assume, since it wasn't actually that hot outside on Saturday, that the problem must've been the rain and hence increased humidity. I don't think that even fans would make much difference - a dehumidifier to suck some of the moisture in the air is what's needed. Otherwise it will continue to be like dancing in a sauna

Thread Information