View Poll Results: Are you dirty enough?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I'm as dirty as you like so count me in

12 70.59%
  • I'm tempted but a little scared of all that grubiness

2 11.76%
  • Ugh, yuk, no way - how dare you even suggest it

2 11.76%
  • Love to but need to wash my hair that night

1 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirty Dancing Daventry (30-June-07) Who's up for it?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Dirty Dancing Daventry (30-June-07) Who's up for it?

I couldn't get into it either. Didn't arrive til 10.30 and like Caz I couldn't settle at all. I put it down to tiredness (and a few glasses of wine before arriving) but it obviously wasn't just me.

soz caz i was dancing with marc when he sab the dance nice song though and also not mt fault that jamie grab me as i walked passed and then joined in with both of you good dance though thanks nice to see you again

it was my first daventry event i thought it was ok look forward to the next hopefully my new stalker will not bug me all night again

nice to see every body again

see you all soon
    sway
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    I have to agree with DavidY here.. The Daventry freestyle last night was good but not amazing. I found I couldn't settle in either room until about 12.30 a.m. and then they shut the main room so me and jamie had to get our remaining "bounciness" out during the last song Finally settled in the blues room and had an amazing last few hours but a little disappointed compared to the last Daventry events that I have attended. Don't know if it was due to personal tiredness, general atmosphere, some regular faces not being there, etc etc.

Special thanks to tall Alan for the jam donut - just what i needed at the right time , also to JiveAddicted for my crisp dance , to Mr darcy for a fabulous dance (and to HelenB for persuading me to ask him ), to Matt for helping me to get into it for giving me my first enjoyable dance of the night in the blues room , to Lost Leader who I haven't seen since SP, to Marc for playing my current favourite song at the end of the night in the blues room and for sabotaging mine and jamie's dance to it again and to everyone else I have probably forgotten

Still looking forward to the next Daventry when hopefully the absolute amazingness will be restored! to Emma and her team for organising these events

Commercial Operator

This was my first Daventry. I had heard so many great things about it. As we drove the 90 minutes in the rain I was looking forward to the night ahead of me. Unfortunaly the night didn't live up to all the great stuff that I had heard.

First off the main room. I don't want to sound snobbish here but a sports hall! Dancing in a sports hall just didn't do it for me. Ambience is so very important tnad there was zero in that room. maybe the room would work with the right extra touches but last night it just didn't. The music being played didn't help. Was it a flashback to the 50's? Was it in keeping with the theme maybe? Dunno. Just know I didn't like it. So headed for the blues room. Couldn't get into that room either. I love Marc but I find it so hard to just get into the blues mood after a long journey and from cold. So back to the boing boing room. Nope still not liking it. Back to the blues room. Nope still can't get into it despite fab music. Continue this until midnight when I finally settled in the blues room. Just in time to see Marc leaving the decks! Fortunatly he came back on later in the night and that last session was amazing and well owrth the journey.

Loved the DWAS final. So funny. Jive Addicted and Alan (?) a very well deserved win. You were brilliant.

Fletch - Your partner was terrified. Poor love.

Jamie at last we dance again. Love that move. We are practising it already.

Caz - you looked lovely.

Miguel - Nice to meet you at last and to dance with you.

Witty - thanks babe - you know what for.

Strange night in all but made a good night as I was surrounded by many dear friends. It was lovely seeing so many friendly faces again and catching up and of course having so many beautiful dances.

Well, I actually had a really good night - which was all the more welcome after having a bad night last Thursday at Rugby. Just goes to show that you can never really be sure what a given night is going to be like until you are actually there and that your own experience can be different from other peoples.

I had some great dances with both forumites and non-forumites, some familiar faces, some I had never danced with before. Big thanks and to all of you. Spent nearly all the time in the blues room, even managed to miss the cabaret.

Attendance was somewhat down on the last couple of events at Dav, probably due to a combination of holiday season, awful weather and the M1 closure. In some ways this was a good thing as both the dance floors were a little less crowded than normal. Things did take a while to warm up in the blues room but after that it was great as far as I was concerned. Music fab and thanks to the DJ's

Was very sorry not to have danced with everyone I knew who was there - at big events like this it is very hard to get to dance with everyone you would like to.

Looking forward to the next one (Moulin Rouge theme)

First Daventry, and my first impressions were... what's all the fuss about. I agree with Twirlie Bird that despite the crew's efforts to spruce up the boing boing room it had a school disco feel to it for all the wrong reasons. I don't think it helped that the music was so dreary in there either. I know that DJs are a matter of personal taste, and there were plenty of folks up and dancing so it probably says more about my personal taste than anything else. So I did my usual trick and sloped off into the blues room

Mark Foster is a magician on the decks, but I just wasn't feeling it. Twirlie Bird and I always have a few dances together to warm ourselves up for the night... but it just wasn't happening. It's hard to know why exactly... but there you go. That was pretty much the pace of the beginning of the evening.

The evening did start to really pick up after midnight though. Mark's final set on the decks, the floor thinned out a little and bang I was suddenly in my groove - hehhheehhee That's when I got a few really great dances.

It was cool to see a few faces that I hadn't seen for a long time, and I did get some great dances towards the end of the night. I had such an amazing dance with the wonderful Snow White Lovely to spend some time with WittyBird too - thanks babe I'm not sure if I would be as eager to make an hour and a half trip to dance at Daventry again though..... but being the dance-tart that I am, maybe I could be seduced hehehee
    Last edited by StokeBloke; 1st-July-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Gruttocks

First time I had arrived to one of the Daventry events on my own so feeling a tad nervous (even though I knew I would know people there) but bumped straight into Caz and Jamie

As normally typical of me, most of the time I was in the blues room but I did actually venture into the main room at some points, but the music wasn't doing it for me so quickly retreated back (which is wierd 'cos I normally like what RobA plays ) Didn't appreciate the puddles of water between the 2 rooms (OK, my shoes didn't appreciate it)

Marc's 2nd set was the best - and the evening finished on a high (I could have quite easily carried on dancing) I do find it a shame they shut the main room so early - others I know who are trying to get into blues have mentioned this to me before as the blues room gets so crowded at this point and many leave

Had many lovely dances with everyone I danced with - thanks

Daventry is a good night, and one I always make the effort to go to. It always seems to pull great dancers from a wide radius ( )

When's the next one??

Oh, and Mr Darcy, that move works so much better slow ...

Quote Originally Posted by sway View Post
    soz caz i was dancing with marc when he sab the dance nice song though and also not mt fault that jamie grab me as i walked passed and then joined in with both of you good dance though thanks nice to see you again
    xx
    i didn't mind the sabotage!! kind of expected it as Marc did it last time !! only chance i get to dance with him

we had a fun double trouble tho

nice to see you again! completely forgot your forum name tho tbh but remembered u from Chill!!!

thanx twirliebird for the compliment .. even tho i had spent an hour and a half getting ready and doing my hair and even putting make up on just to get sodden in the rain from the car to the doors think i will make an effort more often tho

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    i had spent an hour and a half getting ready and doing my hair and even putting make up on just to get sodden in the rain from the car to the doors think i will make an effort more often tho

You need BARMPOT to hold the umberella over your head while you get to the venue.........no strike that just had a better idea.......get him to drop you off at the door, and then park the car it will stop you getting wet

You know he will do anything for you

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    You need BARMPOT to hold the umberella over your head while you get to the venue.........no strike that just had a better idea.......get him to drop you off at the door, and then park the car it will stop you getting wet

this is what me and jan (bromsgrove) got tim to do bless he pulled up outside then went to park so our hair did not get wet

Thread Information