Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jayne's topic...

Re: if it ain't broke...

Hello! I thought I'd join in as well! So I've registered and ready to reply to any contentious subjects that people want to bring up. (I had a quick think and the only thing I could think of wasn't entirely appropriate.. ) inspire me!!

(I like the way that the profile averages the number of posts you make per day.. Let's find out who's got the dullest job!!! Tee hee hee...)

Jayne

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

Hi Jayne,

Welcome to the Forum...

Now I have been rattling my brain to guess what inappropriate subject you had in mind, but to no avail...
    So I guess you will have to start that new thread after all (go on I dare you !)

Regarding the dullest job / number of posts, I have the best job, I get to hang out here as part of my job :p

Now I wonder which pic / avatar you will pick for yourself...

Cheers,

Franck.

An Eclectic Toaster
    I don't know what Jayne's contentious subject was going to be, but I bet it wasn't "Double Spins and why they're so easy"

:p

That leaves me wide open to "Why is Stuart so bad at Drops?" Oh, hang on, that's not contentious, everyone agrees I am, including me!

I think the new format for the forum is pretty good - I spent a fair amount of time this morning trying to find a wee graphic of Dangermouse as an avatar. Couldn't, so I used this. Don't know what Mr.Man it is , just thought it reflected my dress sense...

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Well Mr Muddle (interesting choice indeed)...

We are still waiting with bated breath the contentious subject, and double spins are easy

I sourced out a small jpg of DangerMouse, you can now find it in the add / change avatar section.

And by the way, you are not supposed to drop, so I would not worry too much about not being good at it

Cheers,

Franck.

Smile Re: double spins...

Yes, you were right. The topic wasn't going to be "double spins and why they're so easy"! (For those who don't know, spinnning was part of the style workshop last year - very good and highly recommended - and I said that my new year's resolution was to be able to do a double spin by next new year. As it happens, I managed one the other day - but I don't think it counts because it was two, consecutive, single spins. One day....

As for the contentious topic... I really can't say because it would open a whole can of worms...

See you wednesday?! (Glasgow, GUU - I'll be the one falling over whilst trying to double spin...)

Jayne
    Last edited by Franck; 21st-January-2002 at 02:43 PM.

Talking Jayne's Can of Worms

Oh GO ON Jayne!! Youv'e got us all curious as to what your contentious topic of discussion is. WHAT IS IT, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!?What is the point of a discussion forum, if there's nothing interesting and controversial to discuss? We'd be just as well discussing the weather.
    By the way the Dundee Party on the 1st of February in Ollies has no theme but promises to be a GREAT night. Well worth making the effort to travel to, so all you Cerocers in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, WE Dundonians make the effort to support your events so please return the favour.Perhaps YOU might even make the effort this time Franck!!
    Thanks Sheena I didn't realise that you could omit your date of birth, so I have now deleted mine!!! As you say 'Wouldn't want to shatter any illusions'.

Lightbulb Jayne's Topic...

Right. This isn't what I was originally going to talk about but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

Our friends over in Edinburgh recently had a school prom night, presumably suggested by a male wanting to see all those women dressed up as schoolgirls.

How about we have a kilt night over in Glasgow?

It makes me smile just thinking about it...

Any comments??

Jayne

An Eclectic Toaster
    Hidden agenda or what?

Actually, one of the guys - William - was wearing a kilt at that "St.Trinian's" night party. I only noticed because we were talking about the women's outfits at the time

Just thinking of dates, St.Andrews Day falls on the same day as the Edinburgh party night in November this year - would that be too far away for you, Jayne?

It'd give me enough time to pluck up the nerve to put a kilt on again!

Blog Entries
    I am planning a Ceroc Ceilidh fairly soon.
    We used to do them quite regularly a couple of years ago and they were very popular.
    This involves the usual mad evening of Ceroc dancing as well as a Ceilidh band and a bit of wild burling and strip the willow in the middle
    Of course kilts will be 'de rigueur', but then again, what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes

I will have more news soon.

Franck.

Fantastic!! I'm in the process of clearing my diary at the moment!

What do you mean Franck, "what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes"? Surely we always look at our best (well, at the start of the evening anyway...) And don't forget that this is a return for the girls dressing up at Edinburgh!:p

Jayne

dancer

Cool

Well Jayne, I am sorry I missed the Edinburgh party by the sound of things...

Now I wonder what you all wore

Dancer.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Jayne

What do you mean Franck, "what will the women wear to keep us guys on our toes"? Surely we always look at our best (well, at the start of the evening anyway...) And don't forget that this is a return for the girls dressing up at Edinburgh!:p

Jayne
    I have to say, that I never notice what the women wear... Oh no, not me
    I hardly ever look really !!! :p

So seriously, though, what should the women wear if all the men are in kilts?
    What would work best ? Bearing in mind that you have to dance all night, without leading and still looking great by the end of the night
    Go on, share your tips...

Franck.

Jayne
    Just saw this thread (due to Franck's reorganisation) from before I joined the forum. I realise that the ceilidh night has been and gone, but Jayne, you weren't AT the school-theme party, so doesn't that mean you got the kilts for free?

Originally posted by Graham

Just saw this thread (due to Franck's reorganisation) from before I joined the forum. I realise that the ceilidh night has been and gone, but Jayne, you weren't AT the school-theme party, so doesn't that mean you got the kilts for free?
    Doesn't time fly?? And was that really my first post on the new forum?? *hides face*

I'm sorry Graham, but you must be mistaken - I WAS at the School reunion night in Edinburgh last year. You probably wouldn't remember but I was wearing a school uniform...

Talking of kilts though... I do hope all you guys will be getting your kilts out for the 10th anniversary ceroc/ceilidh bash later this month! A girl has to get some amusement somehow!

Jayne

An Eclectic Toaster
    A girl has to get some amusement somehow!
    There's just no pleasing some people...

Originally posted by Stuart M

errrmmm...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Jayne - havent you got work to do

Commercial Operator
    Of course she bloody hasn't. Have you seen her posts/day ratio?

Bloody students.

Oh, and kilts are on......

Commercial Operator
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A girl has to get some amusement somehow!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Stuart M

I'm kinda assuming here that pleasing Jayne and amusing her are two different concepts

An Eclectic Toaster
    Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    Bloody students
    CJ, you didn't get where you are today without being a glutton for punishment, did you? I suspect you'll be getting an earful on Wednesday for that one...

As to why Jayne should find men in kilts amusing, I really couldn't say. Oh yes, of course - she's seen me in one...

Thread Information