Thread: How dodgy is Ceroc?

How dodgy is Ceroc?

Just thought I would share this.

Late last night I was booking some workshops online with my poor, much abused credit card, all went well as it usually does, no problems there.

This morning I left my mobile in my car when I went in to work about 8.30am, on my return at about 5pm, I found I had a missed call at 8.47am, checked the message and it was an urgent message from Morgan Stanley ( my credit card people ) Fraud department asking me to ring them asap. There was also a message from them when I got back in the house.

So with a little bit of trepidation I ring up, go through a lengthy identity check, to be informed that they think that my credit card had been comprised and that it had been used in transactions with an obviously dodgy and made up company, when I asked for the details they listed off amounts that sounded strangely familiar and said it with some dodgy company called Ceroc ( mispronounced ). Poor woman on the end of the line then asked why I was laughing. I explained that I knew about the transactions and that it was a legit company, she asked me if I was sure. So I tried whilst laughing to explain Ceroc to her. I still don't think she was a hundred percent convinced.

I must admit that I really appreciate that my credit card people are looking out for me so well, and I thanked them and told them so. But I think Ceroc may have to start pushing the marketing a little bit more towards the financial industry.

hugs

McJester

Re: How dodgy is Ceroc?

this has made my morning!

Mine too!!!

At least they didn't stop your card! Last time the Woolwich decided that my card was being used for dodgy transactions they stopped it for 3 days claiming it would take this long for the stop to be taken off.

3 DAYS! How on earth was I supposed to exist without any access to my own money for 3 days? Apparently I was quite welcome to go to any Woolwich branch with two types of photo ID and request limited funds over the counter

Glad to hear all is OK with your credit card

Quote Originally Posted by McJester View Post
    Just thought I would share this.

Late last night I was booking some workshops online with my poor, much abused credit card, all went well as it usually does, no problems there.

This morning I left my mobile in my car when I went in to work about 8.30am, on my return at about 5pm, I found I had a missed call at 8.47am, checked the message and it was an urgent message from Morgan Stanley ( my credit card people ) Fraud department asking me to ring them asap. There was also a message from them when I got back in the house.

So with a little bit of trepidation I ring up, go through a lengthy identity check, to be informed that they think that my credit card had been comprised and that it had been used in transactions with an obviously dodgy and made up company, when I asked for the details they listed off amounts that sounded strangely familiar and said it with some dodgy company called Ceroc ( mispronounced ). Poor woman on the end of the line then asked why I was laughing. I explained that I knew about the transactions and that it was a legit company, she asked me if I was sure. So I tried whilst laughing to explain Ceroc to her. I still don't think she was a hundred percent convinced.

I must admit that I really appreciate that my credit card people are looking out for me so well, and I thanked them and told them so. But I think Ceroc may have to start pushing the marketing a little bit more towards the financial industry.

hugs

McJester
    It is all cool, in fact it is good - every time I do a new transaction with a new bank I signed up with, they phone me and check.

"Is this from you and do you want us to go ahead"

The Perfect Woman!

Last time I tried to book Utopia with my Barclaycard, they decided to decline the transaction with the advice to call them for more info - but my mastercard worked fine ! so I didn't bother.... Suspect it was similar suspicions !!

Thread Information