View Poll Results: How frequently do you get your haircut?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a Month

4 14.81%
  • Once every 5 weeks

0 0%
  • Once every 6 weeks

6 22.22%
  • Once every 8 weeks

4 14.81%
  • once every 3 months

4 14.81%
  • Whenever I walk into things because I can't see

8 29.63%
  • I'm bald

1 3.70%
  • clickity click!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHEN should I cut it?

Re: WHEN should I cut it?

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR View Post
    This is going to be my first hair cut in almost 12 months....

Is that bad?
    That reminds me of my ex-wife. She had long dark hair, right down her back.....none on her head though

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I'd say I get my hair cut.. on average .. about once every two months. but then it does tend to go from one extreme to the other.

Twirly has recently stated a preference for my haircuts to be "Less Severe" than I normally have them so this implies to me that I'll need to get my hair cut more often.
    Yep, I definitely don't like the economy haircut - the "let's get it cut as short as possible to extend times between visits to the hairdressers!" look

I notice that you didn't say anything about what happened last time - when the hairdresser took the shears to your eyebrows without asking you first! Maybe that should've been a poll option?

I don't pay quite as much as DD+ for a haircut, though nearly, but having it coloured (only since I started to get grey bits ) is hideously expensive. I probably get it cut about every 2 months (having longer hair means you can get away with getting it cut less often than shorter hair - as Lory was saying), and the colour about 3 times a year.

Out of curiousity - how often do people change hairdressers? I used to change every year or two. But I've been with the same one now for over 5 years. Not only is she a great hairdresser, she goes that extra mile... when I admired some sparkly eyeliner she was wearing which you could only get in airports at the time she tried to get me some (and texted me from her holiday when she couldn't) and when I had a big party, she came down to mine after work to do my hair for me, and charged me about a third of what I'd have had to pay in the salon... then had to travel right across to the other side of London to get home - having given me a bottle of wine for my birthday. She's fab!

I used to have mine cut every 4 weeks. But after Rockbottoms in May I shaved for the fancy dress party, and have kept it shaved since. So now I have it cut/shaved once a week.

Onkar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onkar View Post
    I used to have mine cut every 4 weeks. But after Rockbottoms in May I shaved for the fancy dress party, and have kept it shaved since. So now I have it cut/shaved once a week.

Onkar
    we were talking about your head hair Onkar

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I notice that you didn't say anything about what happened last time - when the hairdresser took the shears to your eyebrows without asking you first! Maybe that should've been a poll option? :wink
    hehe yes.. it was a bit of a surprise. I have "quite prominent" eyebrows, Real Denis Healy affairs. They can get "a bit on the long side" and threaten to join up in a most lycanthropic lupine manner. Anyway we were chatting, making small talk, the weather, work etc when all of a sudden without warning she took her comb out and her clipper thing and trimmed them within an inch of their life!

hehe

Glitter Queen

I used to cut my hair every 6months, but now it's every 2-3.
    And if Lorraine didn't have a bad arm from hair drying I'd ask her to cut mine again because she was fab last time (and that's a huge compliment because there are very few poeple I'd let near my hair with a pair of scissors - hair dressers tend to get very 'scissor-happy' when you have long hair )

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Every 2 weeks.

Nothing (shaver thingy)

Very very very short, but not quite shaved.

All of the above. DJ, you have impeccable taste

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Mine gets cut when I absolutely can't avoid it, usually, an average of once a year. I know I should get it trimmed more often but can't be doing with the expense (£20 or more just to trim a few ends off!). At school, whoever was handy with scissors was roped in at lunchtimes. I have only ever had my hair coloured once for the same reason of expense - once it's done you need to maintain it. Even that was done by a nearly-completed trainee (cheap!) who was very good. It's a good economy way to get hair cut that I used at Uni, £10 for a trainee cut at Toni & Guy (good because the trainer has an eye on the whole thing so nothing goes terribly wrong!).

It's currently a hot topic chez Pretzelmeister, as he likes the grade-2-all-over easy-care approach, but I don't like that (too thuglike). We've reached a compromise with grade 4 all over, to be cut frequently to stay tidy. It's free, cos I do it!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    because there are very few poeple I'd let near my hair with a pair of scissors - hair dressers tend to get very 'scissor-happy' when you have long hair )
    7 inches

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    Mine gets cut when I absolutely can't avoid it, usually, an average of once a year. I know I should get it trimmed more often but can't be doing with the expense (£20 or more just to trim a few ends off!). At school, whoever was handy with scissors was roped in at lunchtimes. I have only ever had my hair coloured once for the same reason of expense - once it's done you need to maintain it. Even that was done by a nearly-completed trainee (cheap!) who was very good. It's a good economy way to get hair cut that I used at Uni, £10 for a trainee cut at Toni & Guy (good because the trainer has an eye on the whole thing so nothing goes terribly wrong!).
    If all that is true, you will think I'm mad and this will make your toes curl.

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks at Toni and Guy...It's cost £100 (excluding tip). I know that is ridiculous, but it really does pay to get your hair cut by a professional stylist.

Having said that, the last time I had it cut I got my stylist to come to my house to save a few quid, but it just wasn't the same as the salon experience...I really don't want to sweep up my own hair and I want to have trashy magazines and coffee on tap. For me, having my hair cut is a treat that I look forward to.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    If all that is true, you will think I'm mad and this will make your toes curl.

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks at Toni and Guy...It's cost £100 (excluding tip). I know that is ridiculous, but it really does pay to get your hair cut by a professional stylist.

Having said that, the last time I had it cut I got my stylist to come to my house to save a few quid, but it just wasn't the same as the salon experience...I really don't want to sweep up my own hair and I want to have trashy magazines and coffee on tap. For me, having my hair cut is a treat that I look forward to.
    It's absolutely true. It's the reason I keep my hair long - doesn't need lots of attention. That won't make me think you're mad, I understand the treat-yourself principle (and if I were to think you're mad it wouldn't be for the amount you spend on your hair, there's plenty of other evidence around for that! )

I do realise though that there is a direct link between the fact that you take (expensive) care of your hair and it looking fab, and the fact that mine is generally left to its own devices and looks just about presentable at best!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    (and if I were to think you're mad it wouldn't be for the amount you spend on your hair, there's plenty of other evidence around for that! )
    I see dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    I have only had my hair cut once this year too!

Dont forget to post pictures Katie would love to see the end result - might encourage me to go to the hairdressers too.
    Well its done!! I will have some pictures on the other thread shortly! It's a couple of inches longer than I asked her to cut it, I think she was a bit apprehensive going all out.. surprising for a hairdresser, like Sparkles said, they tend to go a bit scissor happy when you let them at long hair!

Still looks really nice though!!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

I get a good hair cut (not just a trim) about every six month. I go to Aveda in London and get my hair cut by the senior dude. Extravagant? Maybe but i have to say that i have had sooooo many bad hair cuts that i just dont trust anyone else.

I hate hair.

Maybe I should just shave it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post

I hate hair.

Maybe I should just shave it all off.

Plum seems to have done just that. She once asked me to dance, but I've never felt worthy enough to return the compliment on those occasions she'd ventured a little further north. I think she could eat me for brekkers and barely belch ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Plum seems to have done just that. She once asked me to dance, but I've never felt worthy enough to return the compliment on those occasions she'd ventured a little further north. I think she could eat me for brekkers and barely belch ;-)
    Er...? Because she's a great dancer, or because she's got no hair???

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post

Er...? Because she's a great dancer, or because she's got no hair???
    Wow, that was quick.

Plum is taller than me, she's young, very athletic and physically imposing, and, besides, a great dancer. I feel very inferior and somewhat intimidated as an older, physically declining, guy. The lack of hair does intrigue me though. In men, I do see this as rather thugish (me tough guy), but am not sure what to make of it in the more unusual case of a girl. My wife .... no, I really do not want to go there.

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

I have shoulder length hair, and I go to the hairdressers once a month for a colour and trim which costs about £60 which to me is a lot but like DD I like having that time to myself to read trashy mags I would not buy and the pampering.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Well, for the record I'm just back from the hairdressers. For simplicity I chose the one nearest our front door where I had a dry cut and have lost about 3 inches. £12. All fine until she feathered the ends (which I hadn't asked her to do - see scissor-happy comment by someone else above) but since they obliged by serving me on the spot at the time I needed it done I didn't grumble. It'll grow again in no time. And it does look tidier for it.

I thought I was going to be drummed out of the Brownies by the hairdresser (aside: where does that phrase come from?!) for admitting it only got cut once a year, if that

Thread Information