View Poll Results: Should I cut my hair?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Cutting your hair won't make a difference to him.

8 66.67%
  • No! Cutting your hair is the new relationship kiss of death!

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I cut it??

Glitter Queen

Re: Should I cut it??

Guys either love long hair or the hate it - I guess it must be a bit like marmite .

Surely you must be able to casually drop it into conversation and see what he thinks? That is, of course, if this guy's opinion matters to you...

When you were here I have to say I loved your shorter haircut, I think it suited you very well. But when it comes down to it it's your choice and your hair - and if he's the right guy for you he'll love you no matter what your hair length is

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    But when it comes down to it it's your choice and your hair

I firmly believe that people should dress (and I include hair styling within that) to suit their own tastes first and foremost (and some of my dodgier colour combinations will attest that I do as I say in this regard ) If other people like it, great. If not, well, it's not them who have to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    Do not cut your hair. Guys like girls with girlie hair. Short hair is not girlie, it is scary. If you want to frighten your target guy, cut your hair. Otherwise, stay feminine and keep your hair long
    I had very short hair for many years and was "scary".

Now I've grown it (I love GHD) but apparently I'm still scary

Maybe ....... ........ it's not the hair

Also:
    I married a man who hadn't fancied me when I had long hair but fell madly in love with me when I had it cut. 10 years later, I began to grow hair. Man left me. Coincidence or not ........

If they're superficial, they're superifical. Best find out now.

Blog Entries

Guys either love long hair or the hate it - I guess it must be a bit like marmite .
    Not really. Long hair suits some ladies better then others, same as short hair.
    DT looked so good when she had her hair cut shorter that Victoria Bekham copied it .

Katie, change your hair style if you want, but do it for you, not for him or any other bloke.

Wow, I really appreciate everyones thoughts and opinions. I generally do things for me, however; it's been a while since I've even been on a date, so I'm afraid I've lost a little bit of that inner confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    I agree with Mr McGregor keep your hair long especially if you have good strong hair. Maybe get a few layers in so you could style it in many different ways or even put a few natural looking lights through.
    !
    Unfortunately my hair is quite thin and fine, so at the moment it doesn't really do much at all. It's not like Sparkles' gorgeous hair that always looks beautiful.

Surely you must be able to casually drop it into conversation and see what he thinks? That is, of course, if this guy's opinion matters to you...

When you were here I have to say I loved your shorter haircut, I think it suited you very well. But when it comes down to it it's your choice and your hair - and if he's the right guy for you he'll love you no matter what your hair length is
    Unfortunately he wasn't at the Balboa class I went to tonight and he is usually there and I was going to 'casually' ask. My hair appointment is Saturday. So I'm going to have to make a decision before then!

The cut I'm thinking of is similar to how I had it just before I left London, short at the back but longer at the front (it's not a boy do)

I completely appreciate the guys perspective, it's really interesting to know what guys think.

Juju

How about shoulder-length?

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    10 years later, I began to grow hair. Man left me. Coincidence or not ........
    Depends where you grew the hair? Beards on women are not very attractive,,

I'll get my coat..

(BTW for what it's worth I like your hair just now.. unless it's changed a lot since I last saw you)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    How about shoulder-length?
    Nah. If your gonna do it...do it properly. Go for the 'wow' factor.

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Not really. Long hair suits some ladies better then others, same as short hair.
    Yes, I agree - and that's not what I meant.

Some guys REALLY love long hair on women.
    Other guys REALLY don't - I've actually had a guy moan at me in the street before now because my hair was blowing in the wind (we were just walking down the street together), I think the exact words were "Can't you DO something with that, it's all over the place!" .

Long hair doesn't suit all women, and I know several very strikingly, beautiful ladies that have short hair - foxylady immediately springs to mind.
    On the other hand no-one could dispute how totally gorgeous Lory is with her stunning, long blonde hair.

What I meant was that if you have long hair, men seem to have a very strong reaction to it.

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Seriously though, shoulder-length is a good bet for fine, limp-ish hair - well, it works for me anyway. That said my hairdresser reckons I should go for a dead short pixie-ish cut, and I've never had the balls to do it. So I say go for it, besides which - whose hair is it anyway?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    On a practical note - have you checked the direction of your hairgrowth at the nape of your neck? And all over your head for that matter, there's nothing worse that having a short haircut if it doesn't lay right.. long hair covers up all these issues and actually can be much less work in the long run!
    Actually, I find long hair much more of a pain than short hair....

If your hair's very fine and lacking body, you'll be constantly having to apply products to keep it from going too flat (not an issue with long hair) if your hair's course and straight, it might take some skill to stop it looking like a bog-brush. Also, when long hair looks a bit past its best, you always have the option of tying it up.
    I'm constantly having to apply various forms of gunge to my hair now, when it's long, cus it's so fine and flyaway.... And goes frizzy! I actually use far more products for my hair now than when it was short: conditioner, stuff to make it less frizzy, hairspray, serums for heat protection, styling gunge..... And I need to blow dry and brush it! When it was short, it took about 10 seconds to wash, no conditioner needed. All I needed was to towel dry it, put some 'putty' on it, and ruffle it up with my fingers. Finished!

And the last consideration is, you'll have to budget for getting it cut far more regularly to maintain the shape.. When your hair's 8" long and it grows half an inch, it hardly makes any difference but half an inch when your hair is only 1 1/2 inches long makes all the difference in the world!
    Yes, it is expensive to have it cut every 6 weeks, but long hair still needs cutting to keep it healthy. And the amount I spend on hair gunk now is quite scary. And I had to buy hair brushes, hairdryer, clips, bobbles....... I've not invested in straighteners, 'cus the only time it's looked good after being straightened, was when it was done professionally (by Dazzler). Also - why does it cost more to have long hair washed and cut than short hair??

Yup, as you can see, I'm still not really happy with my new, longer hair. I keep getting compliments for it, but personally I think it's a silky, soft, frizzy mess, and 90% of the time it's in a pony tail, cus I hate getting it in my face when it's windy/I'm working/I'm dancing.

Go with what you want. If the guy really likes you, hopefully he won't be so shallow he'd stop liking you just cus you change your hairstyle!

PS - if we all had hair like Sparkles, it would be a sin to get it cut short!

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

If you want to cut your hair cut it and stop worrying about some guy who will be very stupid if he suddently doesn't like you cause you've gone for the chop. If anything cutting it will only make you look more exciting and alluring for altering your appearance so drastically (especially as hair is a bit of a touchy subject for most ladies who spend aaaages thinking before deciding to cut it )

Besides short hair is so much more manageable and sexy, and a good idea as it is starting to get hotter outside!!!

Best of luck, whatever you decide! x

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Exactly what I usually do, if I'm going to do something, I tend not to do half measures!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Shoes (Ash) View Post
    If you want to cut your hair cut it and stop worrying about some guy who will be very stupid if he suddently doesn't like you cause you've gone for the chop. If anything cutting it will only make you look more exciting and alluring for altering your appearance so drastically (especially as hair is a bit of a touchy subject for most ladies who spend aaaages thinking before deciding to cut it )

Besides short hair is so much more manageable and sexy, and a good idea as it is starting to get hotter outside!!!

Best of luck, whatever you decide! x
    I know that I shouldn't worry about what a guy thinks, in fact, it's rather strange that I do care! Guess as you start to get older, and the extremely noticeable lack of dates gets even more noticeable, you find yourself doing and caring about the strangest things.

Some guys REALLY love long hair on women.
    Other guys REALLY don't - I've actually had a guy moan at me in the street before now because my hair was blowing in the wind (we were just walking down the street together), I think the exact words were "Can't you DO something with that, it's all over the place!" .

What I meant was that if you have long hair, men seem to have a very strong reaction to it.
    Some guys are wierd...

Anyway, I think I'm going to go for the chop!! I've come to my senses after a brief lack of sanity (not having a haircut in case it changes the opinions of a boy.. *sheesh!*) and will be getting it cut on Saturday!

I will be sure to post before and after photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Katie, change your hair style if you want, but do it for you, not for him or any other bloke.

Go girl

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    Also:
    I married a man who hadn't fancied me when I had long hair but fell madly in love with me when I had it cut. 10 years later, I began to grow hair. Man left me. Coincidence or not ........

If they're superficial, they're superifical. Best find out now.
    Excellent real-life example!

In an ideal world, appearances matter not a jot. For better or for worse, we don't live in a real world, and anyone who thinks that appearance don't matter are (IMO) deluding themselves.

Of course, once someone has got to know a person, then that someone won't be half so bothered (if at all) about that person.

The way I see it, most (and not all) blokes will first be attracted to a body. Once the body is checked out, he'll check out the face (hair included, clearly) ... then the eyes, and finally the real person.
    [unless, of course there are other reasons for being around that person ... work for example]

If any of these hurdles are not negotiated, then that person will never get to know that personality.

... like I say, not an ideal world!

Having said that, it's amazing how much more attractive a person is when they truly feel good abouth themselves, irrespective of their appearrance.

Ian

If you are thinking of cutting it short - go for it.... cry a bit, promise yourself "never again" - grow it back and move on.

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

For what its worth I prefer (well maintained) long hair on a woman, every time, without exception.

Your choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulthetrainer View Post
    For what its worth I prefer (well maintained) long hair on a woman, every time, without exception.

Your choice though.
    Well, it's been cut.. i will have photos up shortly... the hairdresser didn't cut it as short as I asked her to, I think she was a bit apprehensive about going to whole chop.

So why is hair so important? How is it that hair can alter the way we feel about a person when we know that clearly it shouldn't.

I know that I am guilty of it myself. I love long hair on a guy, (no mullets ) but lovely long hair. My ex had beautiful shoulder length hair which when put up in a half pony tail, I thought he was the sexiest man alive... a saw him once a while after we had separated and he had cut it. Turned me right off. (and this is someone I thought I was totally in love with)

It's the whole Sampson and Delilah principle... does a person's hair contain their strength??

Tonbridge, Kent, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR View Post
    Well, it's been cut.. i will have photos up shortly... the hairdresser didn't cut it as short as I asked her to, I think she was a bit apprehensive about going to whole chop.

So why is hair so important? How is it that hair can alter the way we feel about a person when we know that clearly it shouldn't.

I know that I am guilty of it myself. I love long hair on a guy, (no mullets ) but lovely long hair. My ex had beautiful shoulder length hair which when put up in a half pony tail, I thought he was the sexiest man alive... a saw him once a while after we had separated and he had cut it. Turned me right off. (and this is someone I thought I was totally in love with)

It's the whole Sampson and Delilah principle... does a person's hair contain their strength??
    I don't think that a persons hair contains their strength, its just one of the things that people look at when they appraise the attractiveness of another. For some its eyes, legs, bottom arms, etc. For me, long hair is always pretty near the top.

Obviously there's always more to a person than a great set of any of those things, but before you get to know anything about them, you have to go with what you can see before you. The difference with hair is that it can be changed in an instant so the effect can be greater - you can't grow puny arms or a fat bottom overnight!

As for not fancying your shorn ex - you were probably ready to finally end your long standing attraction to him anyway, and the haircut merely helped you to confirm that. I doubt for one second that you were only ever in love with his hair!

Paul

Thread Information