Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dancing Politics

Commercial Operator

Re: Dancing Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    As a commercial operator Why don't you pm Twirly Bird with that question ? You may be surprised and most likely disappointed!
    Maybe because Twirlie Bird has already said she isn't going into details. This isn't a personal attack. This is a sensible discussion that I am hoping to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Maybe because Twirlie Bird has already said she isn't going into details. This isn't a personal attack. This is a sensible discussion that I am hoping to learn from.
    So You did! Sorry x

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    As I said, Twirlie bird needs to decide. Paying customer or join in with the politics/commercial side of dance. And, if you're going to cross the line, get thick skinned or get very good at the politics, very quickly

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    You are an unpaid employee of Ceroc.

That must be why I always say such nice things about Ceroc? Ah, you've caught me out...

You work as a moderator on the Scottish Ceroc Forum. If you think you're not involved in the commercial side of MJ you are deluded.
    Rubbish - you might as well say that because I pay to go to Ceroc events I'm involved in the commercial side of MJ.

Mind you, "unpaid", hmmm, you're right there...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post

That must be why I always say such nice things about Ceroc? Ah, you've caught me out...

Rubbish - you might as well say that because I pay to go to Ceroc events I'm involved in the commercial side of MJ.

Mind you, "unpaid", hmmm, you're right there...
    It's just a matter of time before DJ realises that he's part of the politics. As an old hand at the Forum I've noticed that it has become politicised over the recent year. At one time anyone could mention their event, Ceroc or not. Then anyone could pay to promote their event. Nowadays you will get your post removed if you promote an event. But this removal is not across the board, it is biased towards Ceroc events.

I can understand why this has been done and was quite surprised that Franck wasn't doing it in the first place. But anybody who is enforcing Franck's rules is part of the commercial process and, therefore, part of what is being called "politics" on this thread.

And, before anybody says "the Forum is not political", ask yourself the question, "would't the best politician say that they weren't involved in politics?"

It's just a matter of time before DJ realises that he's part of the politics. As an old hand at the Forum I've noticed that it has become politicised over the recent year. At one time anyone could mention their event, Ceroc or not. Then anyone could pay to promote their event. Nowadays you will get your post removed if you promote an event. But this removal is not across the board, it is biased towards Ceroc events.

I can understand why this has been done and was quite surprised that Franck wasn't doing it in the first place. But anybody who is enforcing Franck's rules is part of the commercial process and, therefore, part of what is being called "politics" on this thread.

And, before anybody says "the Forum is not political", ask yourself the question, "would't the best politician say that they weren't involved in politics?"

Im with you on this one dude

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's just a matter of time before DJ realises that he's part of the politics.
    I know I'm a slow learner, but I've been dancing for nearly 20 years now, how long do you think it'll take?

As an old hand at the Forum I've noticed that it has become politicised over the recent year. At one time anyone could mention their event, Ceroc or not. Then anyone could pay to promote their event. Nowadays you will get your post removed if you promote an event. But this removal is not across the board, it is biased towards Ceroc events.
    OK, just to clarify the rules on this one:
    - Adverts are not permitted. Any adverts. I've infracted a Ceroc Scotland teacher for doing this in the past, and I'll do so again if required.
    - An "advert" is something publicizing an event, by someone who has a financial interest in that event.
    - Event discussions, and contributions / information volunteered, are welcome - so if someone asks you (Andy) a question about one of your events, please feel free to reply.
    - We try to give the benefit of the doubt, but there are some real dodgy characters out there who try to sneak in adverts through the back door. I've seen this myself, on several occasions.
    - If you see an advert - any advert - please report it, and we'll deal with it appropriately.

Having said that, Ceroc Scotland don't need to advertise events on the forum, as they're listed already. And Ceroc franchisees in general don't advertise events on the forum either - they have the Ceroc marketing machine to do that for them.

So that's why it may seem that a disproportionate number of adverts from independents get zapped - independents simply do this more than Ceroc franchisees, in my experience.

Again, rubbish. That's like saying someone who helps out at the school fete is an employee of the school. Forum moderators are not employee - they're volunteer helpers.

And personally, I view this as a Modern Jive forum, which happens to be hosted by Ceroc Scotland. My "obligations", such as they are, are to the MJ community, not to Ceroc Scotland.

IAnd, before anybody says "the Forum is not political", ask yourself the question, "would't the best politician say that they weren't involved in politics?"
    No, because it'd be a very stupid thing to say.

Finally, Ceroc Scotland hosts this forum, and Franck pays for it, and he's a damn sight more tolerant of some things than I would be.
    Last edited by David Bailey; 14th-June-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Thread Information