View Poll Results: Utopia Weekend are you going ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely !!!

9 16.98%
  • Friday only

7 13.21%
  • Saturday Only

5 9.43%
  • Sunday Only

3 5.66%
  • Freestyles Only

10 18.87%
  • I'll be in Scotland for David & Lily

7 13.21%
  • No - sorry not dancing

1 1.89%
  • Doing something else that weekend

13 24.53%
  • Bored with polls

2 3.77%
  • In Glasgow for the Scottish Utopia weekender, the weekend after

7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Weekender 13th 14th & 15th July

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Utopia Weekender 13th 14th & 15th July

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    while we were dancing he said to me 'who you waving to' I wasn't waving to anyone it was my styling
    That cracked me up Rep on the way!

I enjoyed Friday but Saturday was the best by far for me.. I didn't get there till late, as I went to a birthday party first, so it was already up and buzzing and from the moment I walked in, I had fab dance after fab dance..

...you know when you just feel good (i'd love to know the reson why that happens sometimes and how to reproduce it at will )

I had such fun dancing to 'Carwash' for the last song, a brilliant blast from the past
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Few more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More photos

Still more - two more posts should do it.

Photos

Were there lots of drunk women at the nights I didn't attend? The men seem to be catching them falling to the floor an awful lot in the pictures JF has posted. At least I assume that's what they are doing........................

Photos

It's all the ladies falling at the mens feet - it happens so often we've learned to catch them before they hurt themselves.

Now, who am I going to call tonight?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I believe it was this lucky lady.
    Last edited by Cruella; 9th-December-2010 at 02:41 PM.

ok, last one.

I did all 3 freestyles, loved them all. Saturday was my favourite night, just because it seemed like there were more men that night, and people arrived earlier too. Friday was a good car trip though - I did enjoy DJ-ing for Helen on the way home.

IMO The music was brilliant, I think I didn't llike 2 tracks in total! I am amazed that over a whole weekend there was hardly any repetition and yet the music was all top drawer and really varied too. Each freestyle seemed to have different people and a different feel to the music too.

Great floor, really smooth all over. Great air conditioning, it did get hot in the end but each night started out as cold as Tescos.

Great weekend, Well done Val Dave and Vince .

ZW

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Now, who am I going to call tonight?

Is that a microscope or is Sf just pleased to see us?

Mrs Par and I did a Utopia and Travelodge mix and match all this weekend.

Friday evening was a bit of a let down. Not the venue or the music BRILL as always it was just the lack of male leads, the good male leads who keep the great lady dancers satified. Don't know why a lot of them were missing they just were. Also quite a few ladies over
    A very sad Mrs Par and co.

Saturday we missed the workshops I was suffering with earache.. I slept most of the day .... Mrs Par kept herself amused shopping nice pair shoes and outfit for upcoming wedding reception.

Saturday night was fab. Venue and music great. The leads have arrived and the equilibrium has returned.... great nights dancing lots of happy smiley ladies

Sunday afternoon tea dance had the potential to be a big let down ... advanced ticket sales not as high a for the rest of the weekend... poor weather threatening... competing Tango in park event..... but it was really good... music same high standard numbers were down but I had loads of quality dances and there were enough good male leads to keep those ladies smiling and .... enough hours of freestyle to have a second or third dance...and loads of space to really play around .... a really chilled out, laid back tea dance.

Big hand to Val and the boys and to Lynda on the door...

A brave venture from Utopia Team

At the moment I am doing the Sunday only. I'd love to do Saturday too, but there are no female places at the moment, and I don't have a partner (to dance with). If there are any guys out there thinking of booking, please, please, please do, so that I might have a chance to go!
    (or if you'd like to book with me even better )

Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    At the moment I am doing the Sunday only. I'd love to do Saturday too, but there are no female places at the moment, and I don't have a partner (to dance with). If there are any guys out there thinking of booking, please, please, please do, so that I might have a chance to go!
    (or if you'd like to book with me even better )
    Can I borrow your time machine as I want to go again !!!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    Can I borrow your time machine as I want to go again !!!
    Well just come up to Glasgow this weekend (21st and 22nd) and book the workshops so Libellule can have her wish
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    Well just come up to Glasgow this weekend (21st and 22nd) and book the workshops so Libellule can have her wish
    But I had a room booked last weekend and I could use it again for nothing. Can I borrow your teleport machine instead then

Cool Re: Utopia Weekender 13th 14th & 15th July

Okay it was my first Utopia Twickenham event and we were on a tango jaunt to London. I was accompanied by a tango dancer who didn't do MJ. I had hayfever and wasn;t at my best. My frock felt like a huge jelly fish and yes it was that time of the month.
    I felt rank, off form, out of it, rusty at MJ and in for a long night with a friend who would know no one. At best I would baby sit and have a few dances.

We got there no problem the Tom tom proved a wise investment, U-par et al were esconsced in the front and gave a fine welcome, we chatted squabbled over Mrs U-Pars left over chips and settled in to the flow. Val gave us a lovely welcome and showed me the ladies etc, I felt like it was quite a personal setting, one where you came and were welcomed, you were not just a number.

We found some seats and were invited to dance all night, by new people old friends and some regulars. The rthym of the evening came and lifted me. Bull dog assured me I didn't look like a jelly fish, it was a kind lie, I knew the truth and will never wear the frock at a MJ event again (you know gathered under the breasts and flowing out. Looks fine until you spin, then you just look like a jelly fish) My friend told me at least my kickers didn't show. They were white tennis shorts and would have been illumuinous in the light.

I caught up with loads of friends and felt although I've been absent for a long time I was very welcome. Kate felt so too. She was asked to dance and explained she only knew tango and no one turned away they all took her out and had a dance or two with her, I felt very touched and proud of the excellent manners of the gentlemen there.

The music challenged me. I was so glad I didn't have to lead! A lot of the guys were quite inspired and were improvising off the cuff and I found I could let myself go and just flow through different forms with them. teasing and playing quite naturally - I didn't even know their names - but if you recognise this, thanks, you were a dance in a million.

Sometimes I found I was mixing in my tango and rubbed one mans leg with my instep to his exquisite surprise. I felt a little compromised, realising in MJ this isn't a move and explained it's tango context..He laughed and gave me permission to do it again, I felt some what less of a jessabelle

At other times I was just lost, not dancing so much in MJ I have lost some of the rythyms of the dance. The lead carried me and I discovered that things have moved on in MJ. I felt as though I should do more, I wasn't bored, I was intriged MJ has bored me for a while it was good to feel on the edge again of a challenge.

The evening was sandwiched between the Negaracha club Tango Friday night, and Tango Al fresco Sunday. We enjoyed each one and could have done a tango London club on the Saturday night too. I'm glad we didn't. Thank you for putting it on and for giving us such an excellent evening.

Piccy below is me and Kate at a tango evening a coupla weeks ago Not looking like jelly fish- the guy in the middle is my tango partner Richard. I may bring him along to MJ Watch the space

http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopo...cat=600&ppuser=
    Here are the Utopia Paps! for your entertainment pleasure

Thread Information