View Poll Results: Utopia Weekend are you going ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely !!!

9 16.98%
  • Friday only

7 13.21%
  • Saturday Only

5 9.43%
  • Sunday Only

3 5.66%
  • Freestyles Only

10 18.87%
  • I'll be in Scotland for David & Lily

7 13.21%
  • No - sorry not dancing

1 1.89%
  • Doing something else that weekend

13 24.53%
  • Bored with polls

2 3.77%
  • In Glasgow for the Scottish Utopia weekender, the weekend after

7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Weekender 13th 14th & 15th July

Re: Utopia Weekender 13th 14th & 15th July

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    When I booked the weekender I managed to book the Travelodge at Feltham really cheap.

About 3 miles away.. saves driving home each night.
    I'm there too (thanks UP ) anyone elsed booked the Travelodge

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    There will be all sorts Steve and although we do play a broad mix of stuff we do have to fight the funk as otherwise it's all SF and I would play! As for the 'handbag dancing' tracks you refer to that we played at the end of Swish, it depends on the vibe at the end of the night, so we'll see.... trouble is it's not everyone's cup of tea, although we do have some tracks lined up that we know people can't help getting down to. (I think there was enough hip Dj speak in that statement although I could have maybe added 'groove' in somewhere....damn...)
    Thanks. Utopia music is great I was just wondering what you had planned this being the first weekender. and you have answered that now

I know all kinds of people want different things from dancing. Would it be worth running a poll. Sometimes I struggle to get going at Utopia and would like it a bit more funky early in the evening. Maybe that's only me?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    I know all kinds of people want different things from dancing. Would it be worth running a poll. Sometimes I struggle to get going at Utopia and would like it a bit more funky early in the evening. Maybe that's only me?

Steve

No we spoke about this at Ashton's i'm with you I like the funky stuff early on

Thanks. Utopia music is great I was just wondering what you had planned this being the first weekender. and you have answered that now

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    No we spoke about this at Ashton's i'm with you I like the funky stuff early on
    I'm sorry, but I am a little confused.. At UTOPIA in London the music is always quicker at the beginning of the evening, and we also always play a mix of tracks (including funky) through out the night. The exception is the last hour when we play slower music and maybe the last couple of songs which tend towards the funky again.. So shouldn't what we do suit what it is your asking?

Of course it does depend on what you mean by the 'beginning' of the evening. Freestyle starts at around 8.45-9pm (at Twickers) so if you arrive at say 10pm, you've already missed some of the more up tempo tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm sorry, but I am a little confused.. At UTOPIA in London the music is always quicker at the beginning of the evening, and we also always play a mix of tracks (including funky) through out the night. The exception is the last hour when we play slower music and maybe the last couple of songs which tend towards the funky again.. So shouldn't what we do suit what it is your asking?

Of course it does depend on what you mean by the 'beginning' of the evening. Freestyle starts at around 8.45-9pm (at Twickers) so if you arrive at say 10pm, you've already missed some of the more up tempo tunes.
    Utopia is great. I do not want to come across as criticising as I should image it's very difficult to get the exact blend all the time. I should also think most people are happy and there are a lot of people to keep happy including lots of WCS dancers.

I love the blues room at weekenders but I also tend to pop into the other rooms to liven up again. Obviously there isn't that option with one room. I don't particularly notice the three lively tracks each hour and I have probably missed some early tracks so am not in a position to comment.

I a big fan of lots of your music and Silverfoxes and am sure you have got feedback from others. . I'm not suggesting what I think is best just purely what I like and my original comment was based on this first weekender and not purely an evening.

Steve

Utopia is great. I do not want to come across as criticising as I should image it's very difficult to get the exact blend all the time. I should also think most people are happy and there are a lot of people to keep happy including lots of WCS dancers.

I love the blues room at weekenders but I also tend to pop into the other rooms to liven up again. Obviously there isn't that option with one room. I don't particularly notice the three lively tracks each hour and I have probably missed some early tracks so am not in a position to comment.

I a big fan of lots of your music and Silverfoxes and am sure you have got feedback from others. . I'm not suggesting what I think is best just purely what I like and my original comment was based on this first weekender and not purely an evening.

Steve
    No probs Steve - I think the music at the weekender is going to be the best yet. SF and I have been sorting the music and we've got some great new stuff to play alongside the old favourites. I also think the Sunday is going to be super chilled and we're really looking forward to playing the 5 hours of freestyle as it will be the longest single set we've played together.

Not long now ............. getting exited

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I was going to go, (I get the 12th off and could have made a long weekend of it) but looks like I won't be able to now.
    Sadly I can't go now. If anyone is looking for a 'Female 3 freestyles ticket', PM me.

Sadly I can't go now. If anyone is looking for a 'Female 3 freestyles ticket', PM me.
    Hey Thanks to Lynn I'm going now!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Not long now ............. getting exited
    That's a bit harsh isn't it? Is that like being defenestrated?

Can anyone help

:hug
    :

I need a Female ticket for Caz for the Saturday ans Sunday freestlye

She's coming from Doncaster to Coventry on the Friday and hopefuly then on to London with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    That's a bit harsh isn't it? Is that like being defenestrated?

--ooOoo--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Sorry, I just had this image of you being marched out the door, sandwiched between two heavies...

Anybody (female only) want to swap a Friday night ticket for a Saturday night ticket (at no extra price)?! You need to have a Friday night ticket ... and want to go on the Saturday instead ...
    Have managed to get myself into a right muddle!!
    Suzy x

Blog Entries

How come all these women are suddenly cancelling like crazy?

I mean, I'm not going, so it can't be that...

How come all these women are suddenly cancelling like crazy?

I mean, I'm not going, so it can't be that...
    Because if you think you might want to go, you have to buy a ticket well in advance, if you leave it til nearer the time, you can't get one. You work on the basis that if you're not able to go there will be other women who haven't done this, or who have only decided they want to/are able to go and you will be able to sell on your ticket.

So a certain number of female tickets are sold on the 'I might want to go' rather than 'I'm definitely going' basis because you need to book so far in advance. Some of these will inevitably end up becoming available in the week before the event.

Blog Entries

Because if you think you might want to go, you have to buy a ticket well in advance, if you leave it til nearer the time, you can't get one. You work on the basis that if you're not able to go there will be other women who haven't done this, or who have only decided they want to/are able to go and you will be able to sell on your ticket.

So a certain number of female tickets are sold on the 'I might want to go' rather than 'I'm definitely going' basis because you need to book so far in advance. Some of these will inevitably end up becoming available in the week before the event.
    Hmmm, yes - that makes a weird kind of sense.

So by that logic, does that mean that most Utopia events will have men over then?

Hmmm, yes - that makes a weird kind of sense.
    Actually I think that sort of sums me up - makes a weird kind of sense - at the moment anyway!

So by that logic, does that mean that most Utopia events will have men over then?
    No, cos there's usually women who want to take the places of those who can't go, and the female places are all sold out, so the ticket gets sold on. (I had several enquiries about my ticket.) And there may still be male places available nearer to the event, so it could still be more women than men on the night.

Same with us I'm afraid. Just too busy with house move to go this weekend , but needed to buy early so I have a couple (1male/1female) complete weekend ticket (all freestyles and classes) up for offers. PM me with phone number and I'll give you details and inform Val.

I will check for msg's at 4.30, once tonight, once tomorrow and once on sunday.

Hope it's a good one for you all,
    R x

Hey guys, just about to set off for the weekend but was just wondering if anyone has a spare floor for me and Caz Saturday night? Left it a bit late, but that's me ennit! PM me if you can help, cheers!

Jamie x

Thread Information