Thread: Hotshotty exclusive (wcs) forums

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking Hotshotty exclusive (wcs) forums

Most of the WCS dancers I know are very nice, even if I often joke they are 'snooty'

It seems however that 'hotshot' behaviour is not limited to the dance floor, I recently joined a UK West Coast Swing Forum wcsdance.co.uk as our Stirling wcs week-end with Paul Farrell was being discussed, and answered one of the posts on the topic, my post was deleted and I now find out I am banned - with no warning / explanation, so I guess, Ceroc / MJ is not welcome, even if we are trying to promote WCS and good technique by putting on interesting workshops with top quality teachers.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Re: West Coast Swing Hotshots

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    It seems however that 'hotshot' behaviour is not limited to the dance floor, I recently joined a UK West Coast Swing Forum wcsdance.co.uk as our Stirling wcs week-end with Paul Farrell was being discussed, and answered one of the posts on the topic, my post was deleted and I now find out I am banned - with no warning / explanation, so I guess, Ceroc / MJ is not welcome, even if we are trying to promote WCS and good technique by putting on interesting workshops with top quality teachers.
    I tried to register on this forum, I am still waiting for the confirmation email which would allow me to post... may be I'm not hotshotty enough

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most of the WCS dancers I know are very nice, even if I often joke they are 'snooty'
    Ahem, that was me who coined the "snooty" term I think you'll find...

It seems however that 'hotshot' behaviour is not limited to the dance floor, I recently joined a UK West Coast Swing Forum wcsdance.co.uk as our Stirling wcs week-end with Paul Farrell was being discussed, and answered one of the posts on the topic, my post was deleted and I now find out I am banned - with no warning / explanation,
    Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh but...

so I guess, Ceroc / MJ is not welcome, even if we are trying to promote WCS and good technique by putting on interesting workshops with top quality teachers.
    Yes, I remember reading through that thread a while back, there were a few responses which one could call "snooty" - for example, one from " wcsdance (Head Administrator)" saying:
    All I can say is
    SCARY!!!!!
    Although to be fair there more pro- than anti- posts in that thread.

If it's any consolation, I'll have no problem with attending any AT classes Ceroc puts on

answered one of the posts on the topic, my post was deleted and I now find out I am banned - with no warning / explanation
    That's the funniest thing I have ever read Franzqx.

Did you cry?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    That's the funniest thing I have ever read Franzqx.

Did you cry?
    Not really I was pretty amused actually, it fitted with the 'exclusive image' some WCS dancers / promoters want to indulge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh but...
    As I say, I could understand if my post had been a blatant advert,but I was responding to points made on the thread, and I had read the rules and the thread about advertising. I also noticed that other MJ 'promoters' had posted pure adverts (without so much as trying to contribute to the ukwcs board) and hadn't been deleted / banned, so I suspect the deletion was more personal (though I have no idea who runs that board).
    Franck.

(though I have no idea who runs that board).
    It's me....!

HA.......! Got you back for all the bans you have inflicted on me.

....so I guess, Ceroc / MJ is not welcome, even if we are trying to promote WCS and good technique by putting on interesting workshops with top quality teachers.
    The Westies don't seem to mind piggy backing on the energy a Ceroc / MJ event produces. No doubt they'll be at Utopia on Friday night hogging a fan (excuse the pun) somewhere near the dj's and only dancing with each other. Good luck tonight Paul at Clapham Jct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    It's me....!

HA.......! Got you back for all the bans you have inflicted on me. :
    Guess I deserved it then, though I never had you as a hotshot... a naughty rebel maybe, but never a 'snoot'...
    Franck.

Blog Entries

As I say, I could understand if my post had been a blatant advert,but I was responding to points made on the thread, and I had read the rules and the thread about advertising.
    Seriously, I agree, it was out of order. I mean, it's not as if you tried to hide your ID or something.

Being "CS forum snooty" for a second, there's a reason why this forum has more posts in an average day than most forums have in a year - and that's because it's inclusive.

I also noticed that other MJ 'promoters' had posted pure adverts (without so much as trying to contribute to the ukwcs board) and hadn't been deleted / banned, so I suspect the deletion was more personal (though I have no idea who runs that board).
    It's probably an anti-French thing. Or possibly an anti-Scots thing. Or both

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

UK West Coast Swing Forum wcsdance.co.uk
    I didn't know there was a UK WCS Forum
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I didn't know there was a UK WCS Forum
    Well, if you count half a dozen people (including DavidJames I believe) arguing about footwork for the 'Sugar push' and having a go at Ceroc (whilst preventing anyone from Ceroc to reply) as a forum...
    Franck.

Commercial Operator

I wasn't at Southport this time, but can imagine how daunting the room might have been to anyone who was still struggling with their basic wcs patterns.

I've just clicked through to the site and it said Franck CerocScotland is online, or at least was in the last 60 minutes. Maybe they're reconsidered. But do you want to go on there now they've booted you off? Do you really want to be part of a WCS forum that would have you as a member? Doesn't sound snooty enough to me. I think I'll start a WCS forum which is so snooty that it doesn't allow anybody to be a member and isn't on the net so that nobody can read it - in fact, I've just started one*

*Don't bother to apply, you're not good enough

Yeah but did you write about it with a rolling count?? Did you syncopate any of your information?? THAT would have been the clincher to include you into their forum

Blog Entries

Well, if you count half a dozen people (including DavidJames I believe)
    Nope, I don't think I've registered there... it's easier to have a go at Ceroc here, anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I've just clicked through to the site and it said Franck CerocScotland is online, or at least was in the last 60 minutes.
    No, I can still log on and browse the forum, but cannot post / reply etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by angelique View Post
    Yeah but did you write about it with a rolling count?? Did you syncopate any of your information?? THAT would have been the clincher to include you into their forum
    Well I might have, I could have contributed to all the above, though mostly I wanted to reply to people discussing West Coast Swing events organised by Ceroc Scotland...
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Nope, I don't think I've registered there... it's easier to have a go at Ceroc here, anyway
    My apologies, I jumped to the wrong conclusion... Too many Davids.
    Franck.

I never had you as a hotshot... a naughty rebel maybe
    Off topic briefly.. am I the only one who read that and immediately though of Franck in a Darth Vader outfit?.. back to the whole if Ceroc was Star wars thing again

"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Obi-Trouble-kinobe, it will soon see the end of the Rebellion. "

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    "Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Obi-Trouble-kinobe, it will soon see the end of the Rebellion. "
    The first one to call me Jabba, gets a kick in the goolies.

Blog Entries

Well I might have, I could have contributed to all the above, though mostly I wanted to reply to people discussing West Coast Swing events organised by Ceroc Scotland...
    Well that was obviously your first mistake, you crazy person you. I mean, what on earth do you have to do with that sort of thing?

Re: Hotshotty exclusive (wcs) forums

It seems however that 'hotshot' behaviour is not limited to the dance floor, I recently joined a UK West Coast Swing Forum wcsdance.co.uk

Something very odd going on here..... If that was the case I'm sure that you wouldn't have posted a link to it Franck, Isn't that advertising surely? Especially for something that isn't Ceroc?

Can one of the moderators please infract this person whose stolen Francks logins

Hmmmmm

PC Wittybird on the case
    By the way members on that forum has just grown by 500%

Re: Hotshotty exclusive (wcs) forums

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    By the way members on that forum has just grown by 500%
    I hope they all put Franck down as their referrer – think he'll get "Karma points" for that!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information