Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Re: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Well I was stood at the bar with Wayne the bar man we were watching your dance and it looked lovely to us anyway we were very impressed.
    You sometimes make me laugh but you mostly make me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    Don't think he's referring to that one Di.....but I know who was involved, coz they were dancing just in front of the decks .....and it didn't bother me a bit..
    there will be a thread of its own before long, did you see TigerPant's dance, and did it bother you

haven't we had a thread like that already

Is the other person going to be named

Commercial Operator

Well another Southport has come and gone and I've now recovered enough to post my thoughts.

Overall, yet another great weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't dance very much, due to my achy knees .....but I did manage to get a couple of dances with the lovely Mrs Under Par, and Zebra Woman.

Had great fun at the Barby and met some forumites for the first time
    Well done Minnie, you're a star and a great hostess ...and well done Fletch, Barmpot, Aleks, and everyone else who helped with it all.

Was very fortunate to be in the chalet next door to Little Monkeys Cake Cafe ........

Thanks to all the people who turned up for the ballroom freestyles in the dance den.I really enjoyed doing these sets, and having people there to play for makes all the difference.

Big thanks to Lounge Lizard for swapping sets with me on Friday night. I think doing all three early morning sets in the Blues room would have been too much for me, and I enjoyed getting a set in the Latin Room. as it was I fell asleep on Saturday night and missed the cabarets, and the fancy dress

Thanks to everyone who stayed till breakfast on Sunday morning. I won't forget the look on Wes' face when he saw how many breakfasts he had to pay for

All in all, I had a great weekend, met some old friends,and made some new friends.
    Once again well done John & Wes, and all the Jive Addiction team for another great weekender. Roll on September

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    there will be a thread of its own before long, did you see TigerPant's dance, and did it bother you

haven't we had a thread like that already

Is the other person going to be named
    OH no not another thread..........I managed to keep quiet about this for a couple of days......don't keep it going.
    I didn't see THAT other dance but from what I read I think the dances weren't really that similar

And finally, I am the sole of disgression........no names from me.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post

How much to stay quiet......

OH no not another thread..........I managed to keep quiet about this for a couple of days......don't keep it going.
    I didn't see THAT other dance but from what I read I think the dances weren't really that similar

Ok ok no kiss and tell

No the dances weren't similar I didn't get a dance like your's with anyone at this Southport, I live in hope

OK, I understand it, I now know why people go to Southport

I had a fantastic weekend for various reasons...

The dancers - well, it would have to be for that I don't think I had a bad dance all weekend, even when my body was so exhausted I felt I could dance no more. Some truly gorgeous dances, some incredibly fun dances and a slightly disturbing one with Sheepy as a schoolgirl (his hair just kept getting in the way ) Plenty of dances with forumites I knew, and those I didn't with some definite "finds" among that group - watch out, I'll be after you when I next see you

The forum BBQ - great to meet some more people (crumble was ) and finally crack the weave (that's weave boys, not whip ) in Poi (thanks CF & R ). I just hope the photo of SnE sitting on me isn't published

The music - I stayed in the blues room the majority of the time and the tracks played were the right balance for me Agree with RobD, ZWs was the set of the weekend - I just couldn't keep off the dance floor.

The lovely man who gave me a foot massage Monday morning without hesitation when I said my feet were hurting (you're a brave man for going near my feet ) - I know you, but have forgotton your name (and am not even sure if you're on the forum!)

The blues room itself - such a chilled atmosphere and the floor outside seemed to work well for the majority of time leading onto...

the grumbles....

The floor in the "outside" blues room on Monday morning - I'm not sure if it was water coming in or condensation dripping from the ceiling, but the wet patches did make it undanceable in quite a lot of places

The heat - OK, it was June but one of the other reasons I stayed in the blues room was 'cos it was too hot in the latin/main room - there just didn't seem to be enough fans

The WCS class in the Den on Sunday afternoon - I was lucky, I had a fixed rotation thing going on but we were still dancing against the radiator (but to J&T - fab teachers)

[/grumble]

What I felt made it for me (and I get the feeling this is why people go to SP) it that the classes were interesting enough for me to get up for, the music challenged me, the people were fab to meet (and inspiring to watch) and the whole weekend just had an undescribable relaxed atmosphere

I've already booked for the next one - so see you there....

How much to stay quiet......
    Why I never had you down as a gossip Mr. Porterfield.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Why I never had you down as a gossip Mr. Porterfield.
    Maybe he's just destitute!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Maybe he's just destitute!
    Not completely........but I'm getting there

Oh, can I just say a huge THANK YOU to all the guys (and girls) who gave me compliments for my dancing over the weekend! It meant the world to me, and made me feel so much more confident!

Although half the time I was crimson when people said nice things about my dancing.... I am so not good about accepting compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by marty baby
    * 9am breakfast club - A pile of us did it sat night! We danced Sat night away - right up to 9am the following morning! I felt priviledged to be sitting around the table, along with some of the lovely key Scottish contingent, other Southport Virgins (Twirly and Stoke Bloke etc.) Hell, even the Brilliant DJ, who took us through the early hours, was with us,,,, shouting for breakfast, banging his cutlery on the table etc!
    You not only sat next to me, you were using me as a pillow to have a sleep before the breakfast arrived - and I don't even get a mention

Also sitting at our table was the lovely Little Monkey and the amazing Sheepman - we had to wait quite a while for brekkie and the staff got it wrong too I think someone had a go at the bar staff about it

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much Wes for looking after us

BTW I agree Dance Demon is truly the bestest DJ ever he kept us all dancing from 4am to 9am with the coolest choons

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Well here I am, as promised to a few with my first post on the forum - thanks for inviting me (you know who you are x).

My first time at Southport, in fact my first weekender, completely lived up to expectations and more - it blew me away.

I arrived on Friday afternoon and felt like I had just walked into my own little piece of heaven. The sun was shining, the music was playing, the glasses were chinking and most of all there was dancing - bliss!

Thanks to Blueshoes for more than one 'wow' dance - what a lucky girl I am . DTS, dancing with you is always an absolute pleasure, although dancing to Free Bird (?!) just about killed me! I am actually very proud to have managed to stay on my feet for the duration of that one . I had too many great dances to mention. SP made me realise how blessed I am to be being 'raised' by some of the best - you know who you are and you are all bloody fantastic, truly inspiring and I can't wait to see you this Sunday and next Tuesday

SW set up the most incredible block and we had such a fantastic time. I am already counting the days 'till the next SP and am just living in anticipation.

All in all the entire weekend from start to finish was fantastic. The dancing, the music, the classes, the people - most of all the people, were all amazing.

Loved it xx

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    UGLY
    * Discovering that the petty feuding between Ceroc and Jive Addiction is a two way street
    Come on Robd, you've made a very strong allegation. I posted [sent you a PM too] hours ago requesting an explanation from you in respect of your claim, and I'm still waiting. So please, let's be having your evidence to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    You not only sat next to me, you were using me as a pillow to have a sleep before the breakfast arrived - and I don't even get a mention

Also sitting at our table was the lovely Little Monkey and the amazing Sheepman - we had to wait quite a while for brekkie and the staff got it wrong too I think someone had a go at the bar staff about it

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much Wes for looking after us

BTW I agree Dance Demon is truly the bestest DJ ever he kept us all dancing from 4am to 9am with the coolest choons

Eh? Minnie M, are you saying - you are not scottish??? you sure??? Shows how much I was out of it come 9am!

Thanks for filling in the blanks as well - I'm terrible with names!

Dance Demon - WILL remember the name.... WILL remember the name.... fantastic set - the reason why so many stay up until 9am!

Wes was fab as well - making sure we all got our breakfasts in!

martin x

Not so facinating was the look on some peoples' faces when two men were dancing early Sunday morning........very uncomfortable for this man, anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I'm guessing you are talking about the Jamie...and Roger C dance?
    Don't think he's referring to that one Di.....but I know who was involved, coz they were dancing just in front of the decks .....and it didn't bother me a bit..
    I suspect it was another Roger...statistically speaking there's a higher percentage of Rogers doing jive than you might expect.

In fact I danced with Roger Chin. So Roger was Rogered. And I'd recommend it to anyone.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
    I suspect it was another Roger...statistically speaking there's a higher percentage of Rogers doing jive than you might expect.

In fact I danced with Roger Chin. So Roger was Rogered. And I'd recommend it to anyone.

Roger
    Aha, but was he Rogered before he was Jamied

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Oh, can I just say a huge THANK YOU to all the guys (and girls) who gave me compliments for my dancing over the weekend! It meant the world to me, and made me feel so much more confident!

Although half the time I was crimson when people said nice things about my dancing.... I am so not good about accepting compliments!
    You were a great little dancer. I was shattered by the time it came to our dance but I enjoyed it anyhow. Will def grab you for a few more next time I see you.

Will poss be able to get more spin's in too

Quote Originally Posted by marty_baby View Post

Wes was fab as well - making sure we all got our breakfasts in!

x
    Yes but who was it that was nominated to go and knock on the door, to get him up all I kept thinking was I hope this isn't john chalet

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post

Roger

Fab dance honey

It was a joy to watch

looks like I did something good at SP then

didn't know you Rogered, Roger

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Did anyone see the couple dancing to "Pump it" on sunday night in the main room at all?

Thread Information