Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Thumbs up Re: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

This was my second Southport and I have to say it was absolutely SUPERB my friend Clare (who is not a forumite) & I had a wicked time. For us it started when stopping at the Service Station and seeing other forumites and non forumites having a picnic by the pond with the ducks and geese and just chillin' for an hour, talking with friends and making new ones .

Also for Friday I have to give to my wonderful dance partner The Librarian for letting me believe for months that he was taking part in the Bleinham Triathalon only for him to turn up at my chalet to surprise the hell out of me. Not only that but the amount of people (this includes my roommate Clare) who he told and got them to keep the secret from me, & I you all, you did well.

On Saturday I only did two classes and they were the beginners WCS with J&T which were brilliant I learnt so much. At this point I would like to thank John and the Sheepman for allowing me to practice what I have learnt. As for the Cabaret, those who know me from the other weekenders will know that I do not attend Cabarets but the J&T and Joseph & Sadie's routines were excellent and I even liked the routine that the team learnt in 2 hours.

If I have to be honest Sunday night/Monday morning was my best night and I would llike to give thanks to the following:

Librarian - you know how I feel about you
    Tiger Pants - It's a shame you live in Dundee absolutely loved dancing with you I do hope you make it in September
    Funky Funkster, Jester - always a pleasure
    Warren - for being such a good sport when some of us girls took it in turns to steal your dance partner off you.
    Also thanks to all those I danced with but whose names I can't remember(apologises for that).

I also enjoyed dancing with Fletch, Clare, Kari and Natasha around our imaginery handbags in the Blues room to 70's music, that was just awesome.
    Caz, girlfriend there are no end to your talents, myself and Clare enjoyed our double trouble with you.

The only downside for me (apart from the heat which was mentioned in other posts) were the couple of times walking back to my chalet minding my own business only to see naked bottoms staring at me due to these men who cannot be bothered to either close their curtains or at the very least make sure they are closed properly. My eyesight is bad enough without having them made worst.

But apart from that, a Great Weekend.

Re: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Hiya all,

Overall I loved it!

I found Southport quite an eye opener. I've never been to a weekender like it! There seemed to be a nice history and tradition to the place. So many people knew each other, from all over the uk, and southport seems a laid back meeting place for all.

The amazing:
    * J & T 's demos - U tube dosen't do the live performanced justice!

* 9am breakfast club - A pile of us did it sat night! We danced Sat night away - right up to 9am the following morning! I felt priviledged to be sitting around the table, along with some of the lovely key Scottish contingent, other Southport Virgins (Twirly and Stoke Bloke etc.) Hell, even the Brilliant DJ, who took us through the early hours, was with us,,,, shouting for breakfast, banging his cutlery on the table etc! (Without his set, I wouldn't have stayed up soooo late - nuf said)

The funny:
    * I overdid it on the 1st night - and paid the price for the rest of the weekend! 1st weekender in years I've been to, which wasn't a competiton, or with a competition looming.... I just went happy nuts Fri night! Danced my socks off - I was playing knackered catchup for the rest of the weekend. I also laughed and joked so hard I lost my voice to! A bonus for many I imagine...

* 1st time I got into bluesy smoouching proper - love it! Fast and furious lindy/funky/poppy dancing is fun and exhilarating, Tango and latin is such serene connection and precise patterns, wcs - is simply bazarre at the moment.... but blues... wow the relaxed connection, unbelievable lead/follow, and ad libing is brilliant! It was fun experimenting what movements would work and discovering new ways to lead into new lines etc! I grin and smile alot when I dance anyways, but as southport I smilled until my cheeks ached! Thank you ladies - I'll never forget those 1st few special dances!!

The Sad:
    Only learn't about the amazing afternoon tea dances 6pm Sunday evening!

I danced so much in the Fri and Sat evenings, that I only managed to do 2 classes in the end!.... and nothing else during the weekend - doh!....

martin

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    Is Dora the lady that won the WCS comp at WSM? I finally got a couple of lovely dances with her.

Greg
    Yes, Dora came over with her partner Franck and will be back in September with, she says, some French WCS friends.

Quote Originally Posted by johnah View Post
    Yes, Dora came over with her partner Franck and will be back in September with, she says, some French WCS friends.
    Glad to see she will be bringing some fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    The Cabaret, Wow, J&T didn't let us down! I also enjoyed the other acts too, the team cabaret was hilarious!! Caz, our little plan worked.. we ended up with an unrestricted view! :

Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    • I had a particularly elegant and sophisticated dance with Caz- We jumped and hopped our way through a whole track, note to person who filmed us-purleese dont make it public!!!!!)
    • Dancing for an hour after the DJ had finished this morning thanks to Spindryer bringing his stereo over, we only left when we got kicked out
    Zara xxx
    LOVED our dance babe! need to PM the person who filmed it cos i soooo want to see it

Right.. now to post properly!

BEST SOUTHPORT EVER FOR ME

3rd time i have been and this has to be the best one.... even tho i was zombified by 6 a.m. monday morning i didn't want to go to bed as i didn't want it to be over and if i went to bed then it would have been thanx to The Librarian, Jamie, Zara and SpinDryer for convincing me to stay awake

right as instructed by Lory....want marks out of 10 as promised at the BBQ

Highs
    • getting there and feeling like i was home
    • the friendly atmosphere all weekend
    • forumites - all of you.. new faces and old
    • BBQ - minnie M u work so hard and it was fantastic to be at my first forum BBQ and to be entertained by the lovely Dan and Rebecca.. even tho i didn't dare try the stilts or play with fire cos i am just clumsiness personified
    • Peter Phillips set in the main room on Sat night / Sunday morning
    • getting clapped for my impromtu solo dance to that "bang bang" track.. if u saw it u will know what i mean
    • dancing with the lovely James Mc??? and him saying i was a good b1tch!!
    • all the closet line dancers coming out for chill factor on sunday night
    • my dances with SpinDryer after the music stopped on Monday morning
    • my dance with Zara in the blues room.!!!! we got a few strange looks babe
    • dances with everyone else - love u all
    • meeting new forumites and non forumites
    • free brekkie and seeing Jordan fall asleep bless him
    • Tatiana being very drunk professing she was tiffany
    • seeing jamie like a nervous wreck after meeting Tatiana
    • cabaret - J&T wow... u r good on Utube but in the flesh.. wow

Lows
    • the queue to check in on friday afternoon.. mental note to change surname to Zebeddee or summat like that
    • the heat in the main room - can't be helped i know
    • closing the main room at like 4 am. on monday morning.. when i cud have bounced about for sooo much longer
    • missing CJ's musicality class what i wanted to do but time flew at the BBQ so i missed it

not a lot of lows!!!

special thanx to John and Wes for organising an AMAZING weekender.... Have come down to earth with a bang now... I honestly could live at SP but might need like 24 hours off per week to sleep!

i have probably forgotten loads but can't think anymore xxxx

We'll start with the bad and get it out of the way;

• Check in was a little vague…or at least my experience of it was. The guy behind the desk didn't seem to understand what people were telling him, he got my surname wrong three times. But bless him, he was trying.
    • The heat in the main room was very uncomfortable to the point I didn't spend much time in there. But hey-ho, I'm aware that can't really be helped.
    • There weren't many workshops I found myself wanting to do. Again, a personal thing.
    • I was sick the whole weekend meaning I had to give up and go to bed much earlier than I would have liked.

As for the good;

• Meeting Mr and Mrs Under Par on the Thursday night.
    • The Blues room.
    • Chalet was clean and the electric meter had £10 worth in it already.
    • Jordan and Tatiana's classes. I'm not exceptionally good at WCS but I found their teaching easy to follow and quite amusing (Tatiana's "Am I English now?" had me giggling).
    • Meeting some very lovely forumites (Wuzzle, Jamie, Fletch, Twirlie Bird, Stoke Bloke). Some I already knew and some I didn't...
    • NessieMonster, PassionHarem, Dizzy and Doune (sorry if I've spelt any of those wrong) plying me with flapjacks.
    • Meeting KillingTime in a very bizarre manner on Friday night and touring the dance rooms with him.
    • Someone in the Blues room possibly Saturday with whom I had a very intense Blues dance. Don't know who they were (bandana, blue CyberDog T-shirt) but that dance was just fab.
    • The music was cool. I have to say I spent less time in the Latin Quarter than I did last time but the Blues room was a big hit for me. I love that the music in there allows me to play round so much more.

The very weird;
    • A very odd conversation involving baby oil

Hiya Paul,

Great review! There are a couple of really helpful important points you mentioned I'd like to pick up on if thats ok.

I was hesistant to say saything that could be seemed as controversial, but strike while the iron's hot - and southport is in everyone's mind.

martin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post

DANCE DEN
    I need to look at this from 2 perspectives – 1 of me personally as a WCS dancer and 1 as someone who is interested in dance for everyone.
    From the point of view of me personally I loved the impromptu sessions in the Dance Den. Dedicated WCS music for hours and hours was fab. I still ventured into the other rooms from time to time as I always like to break up any long run of 1 or 2 genres but all in all a fantastic opportunity for WCS. The music was sublime and, as mentioned, the floor was great.

From the point of view of me as someone who cares about dance I am seriously worried about the separation. Not withstanding the fact that it wasn’t announced I am just a little concerned that it will fuel the ‘elitist’ arguments that people bandy about - true or not. BUT on the other hand I, and many others really enjoyed it.

What I will say though is that is definitely, without question , changed the atmosphere in the blues room. See the point below about the blues room for more stuff!

I'm really sad that the wcs sets were unannounced and only the "in" crowd got to know about it. If this isn't elitist - what is?!?! Also the unexplained mass evacuations from the blues room had a knock on affect on everyone's night.

Yes, WCS is incredibly technical, and a lot of of hard practice and workshops etc need to be done - to become proficient.

Yes, there isn't alot of WCS freestyle readily available, like it is with Jive. So when the chance of a dance comes up - WCS'ers grab it

But if WCS in the UK is to florish, then the grassroots are so important. If the sets were announced, and some non dedicated WCS'ers come over - so what???

1. They get to see WCS in action - and could be inspired to learn more

2. A couple beginners may even ask for a dance. Again, so what??? its 3 mins of your life - being polite to a beginner! It may really make the beginners wcs night - and could inspire them to continue on the hard slog of learning wcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post

THE BLUES ROOM AT SOUTHPORT

Please understand that the following statement is one that I need to stress more than any other I have written – ever

ON ITS OWN THE BLUES ROOM IS THE ONE THING THAT SEPERATES S’PORT FROM ALL OTHER WEEKENDERS

Its true. In my opinion the effect of the blues room cannot be understated. It has a power all by itself. This must sound crazy to most people but you can see the dynamics of it at Southport events gone by and you could see the difference all the other factors made to it this time. (I am discounting February as that was a different season and different case altogether)

Let me explain what the blues room was like for those that have never been………..

It’s a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. You want to dance so you head down to the main venue. On the walk up to the venue proper you see people dancing alfresco i.e outside in the sun on the veranda protruding from the concertina doors of the blues room. The soft, CHILLED music is playing and the scene is one of total uniqueness. Something I have never seen before at any other event. People are sat on the veranda tables and on the lower level tables drinking, chatting and eating while some are watching, and sometimes inspired by, the funny, clever, musical, serious, silly and sublime dancing going in front of them. A little further in, just inside the concertina doors is the blues room proper. The sunshine is casting a warm light over the area just inside the door. More people dancing and enjoying themselves.
    Inside there are people in the restaurant (a section of the blues room) again eating, drinking and maybe being entertained by people on the lower lever bar floor. Again, often inspiring.
    By night the blues room becomes a nicely lit area for dancing and drinking with those that want to venturing out to the veranda to dance in the open air under the stars. Later in the night is the die hard dancers who enjoy dancing while watching the sun come up over the horizon. Too hot in the blues room – just venture outside to the decking to cool off or dance by the doors.
    Back inside and you might find a visiting pro or 2 enjoying a drink and dances with anyone that asks them. Onlookers look on from the raised floor and outside in amazement. Ahhhhhhhh, bliss!

All in all this is the single scenario that, in my opinion, has made Southport what it is. Yes, visiting pros are great and the other things are great too but the blues room is unique. For years I have wanted to attend alfresco events in the summer. This is it. The only one.
    The bit about being inspired is also one of great importance. I often take DVDs to weekenders so I can watch the pro’s in action before I venture out. Why? For inspiration!

This weekender just gone killed a lot of that for me.
    Firstly, the marquee turned the veranda and airy blues room into 1 big room as the flaps of the veranda at the end were permanently down. Even if these ends were pinned up it still felt as though it ‘sectioned off’ the veranda. No more ideology of dancing under the stars or inside with a cooling breeze. No more sunshine shining into the blues room.
    Sitting at the tables in the marquee was not like sitting at tables in the open air. I would be surprised if anyone said it was. It was just different.
    The marquee had its own lighting system. This, again, made it look like another room. That’s not what its about.
    Even with the sides pinned up it still appeared to be a ‘room’ due to the stands and supports used in erecting it.
    Also, as I said earlier, the marquee created a ceiling which prevented the hot air from rising off the increasingly sweaty dancers and evaporating. This also meant there was no cool air coming in from outside. The temperatures were stunning!
    The blues room feel was dramatically affected by the periodic evacuation of some more experienced dancers to the Dance Den. Again, great for people like myself but what about others?

But what can be done?

The immediate benefit of this marquee was to protect a very good temporary floor. The original decking was adequate to dance on but wasn’t perfect. At least the marquee gives the option of a good floor. But at what price?

Is this point of view total crap given the glowing feedback from others on the forum? I dont know the answer. This is just a feeling I got.

The above at the marque was really well said Paul! Thank you for the time taken to write it! Makes perfect sence to me.

So Southport has been even better in times gone past? wow.....

Anyways, back to the Marque! On the Friday, Becki and I arrived late, after a long drive. The sun was out, and as we walked to the reception we came across the weird sight of this tent thing tagged onto the side of the building. Slow music being played, and some people dancing around.... Why be indoors getting hot in a tent, when the weather is soooo nice!

It looked like one of those inappropriate wedding marque tents, in the middle of a hot summers day, where the party hasn't started yet, and the parents where doing the best to embarrass the kiddies!

I immeadiately discounted the whole area as a bit of a black hole - my big mistake for the weekend! If the dancing was out in the open - I probably would have given it a go - out of sheer novelty value!... then got hooked for the rest of the afternoon tea dances.....

Dancing in the evening was also a bit strange... again it felt like we were dancing in a tent. Also, the point about lack of ventillation makes sence now. Dancing under the stars would have been incredible, with some of the music going on!

Dancing till 9am would so have been better, if we were dancing under the stars. Rather than noticing the tent flaps getting lighter...

Final note:

Should SP have separate Blues rooms? I'd say "no"

Like Paul says "ON ITS OWN THE BLUES ROOM IS THE ONE THING THAT SEPERATES S’PORT FROM ALL OTHER WEEKENDERS"

The utopia is to have one blues room, where all the top dancers and DJs hang out... Its a synergy thing, and brings the best dancing out of everyone. Everyone goes there and its open 24/7 over the weekend.... heaven....

Don't really have a personal solution to this - I understand WCS music dosen't dance well with the Jiving mainstream etc etc.

Hope these controversial statements of mine do not offend anyone personally, and I hope it simply helps promote discussion and better understanding.

I had an amazing time at southport, everyone I met were really nice and helpful - even including the WCS bunch Thanks to all!
    (Hell, Someone came up to us and asked us if every was going ok - I later found out it was the guy running the event checking up personally - how thoughtful!)

martin

Wink Re: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Hi, Just thought i'd say I had a brilliant time. One of best weekends ever. I have been to events all over and i've got to say that this weekend knocked the pants off of most of them . I (whispering) don't dance, but i do love to watch and boy did i watch this weekend! Jordan and Tat were brill as usual , as were Adam and Taz .

The elitisim by the WCSwingers that some people commented on wouldn't be down to J & T, they are 2 of the most down to earth people i've met and I know they would be horrified that anyone thought that of them!

And the lovely James Mc??? is James McLauchlan, who spent nearly all his time dancing in every area but the den, even tho anyone who knows him knows how great he is at WCS. (i'm not biased, really i'm not, ok maybe a wee bit well he is my friend so i'm allowed! lol).

This was a really great event, and all the people i met were really nice, it was great to meet up with the part of the Beach Boogie crew (Hev & John Brett) and some other familiar faces, but was equally nice to meet new people too.

John & Wes can certainly put on a great event and u guys made it all the more special by creating such a brill atmosphere.

ok, enough gushing, i'm away back to my pit, Till The Next Time

Mad Mad Marion xox

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    right as instructed by Lory....want marks out of 10 as promised at the BBQ
    I shall be awarding the marks out of 10 later on today

Quote Originally Posted by madmadmarion View Post

And the lovely James Mc??? is James McLauchlan, who spent nearly all his time dancing in every area but the den, even tho anyone who knows him knows how great he is at WCS.
    James and Rob G were the icing on the cake for me this weekend.

James made me laugh so much, it hurt.. I can't write what he actually did during our first dance but lets just say... I was gobsmacked!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    so much, it hurt.. I can't write what he actually did during our first dance but lets just say... I was gobsmacked!
    He hit you in the mouth???
    (and he seems such a nice guy too!)

Had the pleasure of dancing with Dora thought she was an amazing dancer.

She danced with her partner in the main room to 'Pump it'- BEP was one of my highlights of the weekend.

It might even have been as good as going to the pool party if I had been invited!

Southport

arrived at 2.30 to find I had already missed the first dance

parked outside the chalet while BARMPOT unloaded the car after bribing the cleaner with a box of wine gums to let him in.

it was nice to discover most of the staff hadn't changed and had remembered what I drink, it was nice not having to que for it, and funny to see the look on peoples faces as they were handed over there head at the bar over the weekend.

It took till 8. pm for me to find that SP high but then didn't loose it again.

memorable Dances

Jordan obviously, it was nice to discover he had a sense of humour, and didn't mind been my charity dance, I believe he will be adding that he had been 'Fletchered' on his C.V. chatting to him on Monday morning without prompting told me I can WCS but I also add MJ in and I was the only person this weekend that had taken the lead off him while dancing.

Thanks to Gordieed and ChrisA for helping me with my WCS

Spin Dryer, we had some Fab dances, but I don't think the one we had where we ended up in a crumpled heap in front of Paul W did my street cred any good.

Simon Selmon, thank you for all the time you spent dancing with me in the main room, and the invitation to the London Lindy Hop Festival.

Adam thanks for the Lindy help

Ian.......have given up on teaching me Tango

WoodFace thanks for the double troubles, the one in the main room with Serana, and the one in the blues room, flipping forward and backward

other highs

Nice to meet new forumties Zara, wuzzel, Lost Leader, Smiley Sue.

Breakfast after stopping up all night Saturday, thanks Wes sorry I knocked you up.

Well, done to the UP'S on there win at the fancy dress, it was well deserved.

Loved watching Jamie have dances with, Jordan, Victor, James Mc, and ChrisA (told you he was good)

The music

thanks to all the DJ's that put my requests on, how on earth did I miss 'Dobey Grey' 'on the floor' twice

there were some lovely set's played, John Brett, disco classic's in the blues room late on, thanks hun I had a FAB time dancing with the girlies.

The lows

BARMPOT falling asleep on Sunday evening in the chalet and no one knowing after 1 hour search decided to get security to open to find him assleep pain in the bum

Been bounces around the blues room by some obnoxious guy who told me, it was his dance, he was leading, and do as I was told! it ended with him throwing me upside down. I have since found out he has his own venue, I have been on his web site looks like its his 'party piece' as there several shot of him in this posse, I see he's happy to help beginners teaching them style, so am I perhaps I could drive to Stockport to help with dancing to the speed on the music, shame he missed out style in our dance.

Disappointing to see some girl's trying to dance while they were drunk.

Didn't we do well with the weather

A big well done to John and Wes its the best.

Thoughts randomly ordered

GOOD
    * Zebra Woman's Sat night set - musical highlight of the weekend
    * A chilled set of chalet mates
    * Consultation with nurse Sparkles
    * Jordan and Tatiana in cabaret - as everyone has said, YouTube does not compare to seeing it in the flesh. Also enjoyed the other cabarets and roomie Little 'Em did us proud in the performance cabaret
    * Good social feeling throughout the weekend
    * Doing more classes than I normally manage at a weekender
    * Forum Barbecue was fun. Culinary highlights were yummy cakes from Sparkles and LemonCake and a delicious crumble from Aleks. Thanks to those who set up and tidied away.
    * New moves - the Spank and the Sabin
    * Really enjoying my dancing on Saturday night
    * Lots of my favourite followers in attendance

BAD
    * Agree with Paul F re the marquee
    * Overcrowding in the Blues Room. I wouldn't criticise anyone for wanting to be in there (they've paid good money just as I have) but the simple fact is that the numbers exceed the available space making dancing less about pleasure and more about survival.
    * Felt out of it from Sunday afternoon onwards so dancing on the Sun night was a bit of a wash out.
    * The volume from the Blues Room. I was in the round this time for the first time and maybe it's usually that loud there but I have to say that if I had a chalet any closer then I would not have been able to sleep, even with earplugs. How those people stationed immediately alongside or opposite the venue manage it I do not know.
    * Some of the music was incongruous - Adam Freedland 'Fever' in the Blues room
    * Could really do with a more structured arrangement for booking and scheduling private lessons than leaving individuals to approach teachers directly. I know some people were very disappointed to have their private lessons cancelled at short notice and not get them rescheduled.
    * Not getting a chance to do much afternoon dancing as I was doing workshops instead. Can't be in two places at once but sometimes the afternoon dancing is the best of the weekend.
    * Not managing to do any of the ballroom sessions in the Den. Arrived just as the first one was ending prematurely, still drinking at the BBQ for the next one and then felt too rough on the Sunday night.
    * Not dancing with many people I didn't already know

UGLY
    * Discovering that the petty feuding between Ceroc and Jive Addiction is a two way street

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by johnah View Post
    What a truly lovely dancer she is, best dances of the weekend. Thank you!

Mike

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    * Not managing to do any of the ballroom sessions in the Den. Arrived just as the first one was ending prematurely,
    I DJd all of the ballroom sessions in the Den. None of them ended prematurely, in fact they over ran by about five minutes while Sheepy got himself set up for the WCS freestyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    I DJd all of the ballroom sessions in the Den. None of them ended prematurely, in fact they over ran by about five minutes while Sheepy got himself set up for the WCS freestyles.
    My apologies.

I thought Fri was due to go on until 12.30 but checking the brochure does show a midnight finish.

I had another great Southport weekend

Personal Highs
    Playing my first ever late night set in the Blues room from 4am till Breakfast Saturday Morning (I swapped sets with DD) - Thanks to the few who remained till the end
    My Main Hall sets especially Caz falling down to audio Bullys
    My latin Room Set where I know for 90% of the time every dancer in the room loved the music.

Other High moments
    Music in The main Hall was very good and although hot it was never really overcrowded
    The extra floor space in The Blues Room was a major improvement IMO
    Watching Jamie dance and being soooooo good whilst eating a cake
    The quiet moments, meeting up with friends, midnight stroll on the beach

The not so High bits
    Everything going quiet in the Main hall - but Wes was on hand and we were soon powered up - big thank you to the dancers that came back
    Not being able to keep going longer in the main hall Sunday Morning - but realise getting the room ready for the next day is a must.
    taking an evening nap & sleeping through the Cabaret

looking forward to September
    LL
    Ps had two sleeps since Southport and flying off to a weeks Rock'n'Roll Holiday in Portugal tonight..............it's a tough life but someone has to do it

My second Southport, and had good points and bad points, (the bad ones mostly personal and nothing to do with the event).

Had some fab dances (Peel me a grape and Temptation in the blues room on Saturday night were especially good - thanks!) and many compliments on my dancing, which were a pleasure to receive (more thanks!)

I didn't spend much time in the Latin room as I found the floor too fast and kept slipping, but really enjoyed the salsa set on Saturday.

The DJ list was a great idea, but please could it be extended in the future to cover the daytime DJs too - I missed CJ's Sunday afternoon set, which I would've Loved to have heard (last time it was the highlight of my weekend, and reports suggest it would've been this time too).

I note (from my general skimming of comments) that most of the people saying they didn't like the marquee are male (I'm happy to be proved wrong!) From a female perspective I Prefer the marquee - it means I can spin and glide properly without risking my knees or ankles (and shoe heels) on the decking. A roof over? A small price to pay for relaxed, enjoyable dances and prolonged good health!!

Many thanks must go to The Passion Harem, Doune and Killingtime for being such great travelling companions, and managing, against the laws of nature, to stay awake chatting most of the way home, making my time driving so much easier!

Also to Dizzy, Firefly, Shea and Jiveme for great socialising at mealtimes. The flapjack material certainly seemed to go down well - maybe I should market it next time as great dance food?!

Can't make September so see you in Feb...

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard View Post
    Other High moments
    Watching Jamie dance and being soooooo good whilst eating a cake

The not so High bits
    Everything going quiet in the Main hall - but Wes was on hand and we were soon powered up - big thank you to the dancers that came back [/B]

:

did you get a piece of cake

and i thought it was because your were going to do a Northern Soul set

Thread Information