Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Re: Southport June 07 - How Was It For You?

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    This is the funniest post I've read on here Well done CeeCee Rep on it's way. But I suppose you can't blame her for craving attention with the company she keeps :WATT:

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post

The Thong
    Blues Room, Sunday afternoon, a stir is caused by the ‘lady’ in the short grey flared skirt, chunky bare legs, stumpy boots and black thong knickers.

Her dancing involved a lot of jumping, hip swinging and twirling. Looking around the room the amazement on peoples faces was a picture. Were they admiring the movement of her skirt? Were they assessing the definition of her glutes? I’ve never seen so many distracted people with mouths open, fingers pointing and jaws dropping.

Her desire for attention was clearly her motivation, I question why she desires that kind of attention. Is her mother to blame? Was she neglected as a child? Hours of therapy may not be enough to discover the route of her issue.

I know who you mean.
    I asked DT to film me dancing with a forumite, but before I got to the person I wanted to dance with I got grabbed. It got filmed anyhow.
    Last edited by David Bailey; 9th-June-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Hi Jive Me. Very intense blues dance was on Saturday! Glad you enjoyed it. Had many brill dances - give me a clue how I would recognise you!

Quote Originally Posted by Brindle View Post
    Hi Jive Me. Very intense blues dance was on Saturday! Glad you enjoyed it. Had many brill dances - give me a clue how I would recognise you!
    Click on her "jive me " name you will be taken to her profile I think her picture is there.

If it was you then thank you...I did very much enjoy it. How to recognise me? Hmmm...Pink/Red streaks in my hair, but it could've been tied back. I have a profile picture up here though.

xXx

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    That's Cee Cee for you.

Brilliant Versatile Dancer but no Hotshot.

Petite with big personality, no run of the mill report from her, always a different angle and a cutting sense of humour. Some artistic licence with the comments for the benefit of the Story. To appreciate the Story, you need to look at the big picture, the theme.

attitude with an A.
    Not sure if it's Ceecee but, after the Sunday salsa lesson, I tried the routine on a woman who just stopped every time I tried to do a comb.

There was nothing very "gentle" about the lecture which she gave me in the middle of the dance, in the middle of the dance floor.

Now, I'm only a salsa beginner, and I value constructive feedback. However, there was nothing very witty about her reply when I politely asked her what I had done to make her halt the dance - it went "don't ask me, I'm not your teacher".

Despite this episode, I really enjoyed Southport, although I didn't do any more salsa and I definitely do not have any plans to try it again. If this woman is Ceecee, my apologies once again for touching her hair - I hope that she has more sympathetic partners when she learns tango.

Quote Originally Posted by salsa_beginner View Post
    If this woman is Ceecee, my apologies once again for touching her hair - I hope that she has more sympathetic partners when she learns tango.
    Given there was about 600 ladies there ... any reason why you think this was CeeCee

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Given there was about 600 ladies there ... any reason why you think this was CeeCee

Gus you forgot ....."and welcome to the forum Salsa_beginner, hope you enjoy it on here. "

Come on where is your manners....

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Gus you forgot ....."and welcome to the forum Salsa_beginner, hope you enjoy it on here. "

Come on where is your manners....
    I am distraught, I abase myslef .... I crave forgiveness etc etc

Never going to get the hang of all this luvey stuff am I.

Is it just me but is it now established practice for newcomers to introduce themselves to everyone by jumping in with both feet and blaze away at the first perosn/concept that comes into view??

Paps of saturday and sunday Southport at
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopo...ry.php?cat=589

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by salsa_beginner View Post
    Not sure if it's Ceecee but, after the Sunday salsa lesson, I tried the routine on a woman who just stopped every time I tried to do a comb.

There was nothing very "gentle" about the lecture which she gave me in the middle of the dance, in the middle of the dance floor.

Now, I'm only a salsa beginner, and I value constructive feedback. However, there was nothing very witty about her reply when I politely asked her what I had done to make her halt the dance - it went "don't ask me, I'm not your teacher".

Despite this episode, I really enjoyed Southport, although I didn't do any more salsa and I definitely do not have any plans to try it again. If this woman is Ceecee, my apologies once again for touching her hair - I hope that she has more sympathetic partners when she learns tango.
    It isn't clear from your post whether the lady did the class (in which case I suspect, from her other posts, it is unlikely to be CeeCee).

It isn't a justification for that response to your question, but without prior agreement, particularly if the lady didn't do the class, it might be pushing it to practice an entire routine rather than a new move or two without prior agreement. Similarly to repeat a move that didn't work more than 2 or 3 times without prior agreement.

Generally good to see other points of view though.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    {snip}
    It isn't a justification for that response to your question, but without prior agreement, particularly if the lady didn't do the class, it might be pushing it to practice an entire routine rather than a new move or two without prior agreement.
    I am mystified - when is a good time to practice the entire routine (of what, 4 moves)? Surely it's best to use it while it's fresh in your mind? Anyone stepping onto the floor soon after a class should reasonably expect to get the same four moves over and over from a beginner! I'm not saying it's going to be sparkling dancing but we all have to get through that stage... And in any case, shouldn't she just expect to be lead?

I agree that if something goes wrong twice, ditch it and move on - then ask your partner (or if they are unsympathetic/uncomfortable with it, someone else) to go through the move off the dancefloor. If you were actually causing pain she had every right to stop you but otherwise that was just pretty poor dancefloor etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    I am mystified - when is a good time to practice the entire routine (of what, 4 moves)? Surely it's best to use it while it's fresh in your mind?
    All true, but I'm not sure that is ladies problem/responsibility. Kudos to ladies who do treat it as such, but I'm not sure we can expect it.

It is particularly altruistic at a weekender, where the likelihood of dancing again is slim.

...And in any case, shouldn't she just expect to be lead?
    Certainly she should expect to be lead. I think there is a whole set of other expections so I'd differ from the 'just' bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I am distraught, I abase myslef .... I crave forgiveness etc etc

Never going to get the hang of all this luvey stuff am I.

Is it just me but is it now established practice for newcomers to introduce themselves to everyone by jumping in with both feet and blaze away at the first perosn/concept that comes into view??
    The person open up with 'not sure if it was' ?

Without a description of the lady clearly they are not going to be sure but looking at a certain event written by cee cee re a comb on a public domain and what happen to them they may feel a link

Anyway even if the description matched Cee Cee it would be unfair in my opinion to carry on in this vain

Ive dance with Cee Cee and i trust she is a lovely lady my orginal comment was re the posting and i retracted any comment re hot shot immediately

purplehyacinth

Anyone stepping onto the floor soon after a class should reasonably expect to get the same four moves over and over from a beginner! I'm not saying it's going to be sparkling dancing but we all have to get through that stage... .

I agree that if something goes wrong twice, ditch it and move on - then ask your partner (or if they are unsympathetic/uncomfortable with it, someone else) to go through the move off the dancefloor. If you were actually causing pain she had every right to stop you but otherwise that was just pretty poor dancefloor etiquette.

Probably shouldn't be sticking my nose in as I wasn't even at Southport - but I do agree with Lemoncake. This is simply normal for what happens in the freestyle after a class with/for beginners. If someone is at their first class how on earth do you expect them to know more than the four moves that they've just been shown? The whole point of freestyle for beginners/newbies/whatever you care to call them is that it gives them the opportunity to dance with people and to try out and to practise the moves they have just been taught. So if someone is in their first few weeks, then I would never never complain that they were just going over what had been done in the class* - indeed I probably wouldn't expect them to do much more than had been in the class, and would be very pleasantly surprised (and impressed) if they had the confidence to do so, and to try and mix in moves that they had learnt the previous week(s).

(*Actually I hardly ever complain in any event, unless someone has actually hurt me).

Thread Information