Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Madeline

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Maybe it's because I can't possibly believe that anyone could be so good at concealing the fact that they knew how their own daughter had died.
    I remember the story in the US years ago of the woman who killed her children and drove her car into a swamp. She blamed a "black man" who drove off with her car with the kids still in it. She was on TV pleading for him to come forward for weeks until the police figured it out. Can't remember any names in the case though so cant find it. People are capable of anything.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Wondered when this would happen

*** , the rest of the world are discussing this based on 3% of the facts various people know

If you don’t like it get out of the kitchen

Were not the jury and our 10 mins of guess based on 3% of the facts doesn’t mean anything to anyone
    You contradict yourself there. You say your guessing doesn't mean anything to anyone and yet you say that the rest of the world are doing the same thing. So surely the fact that 'everyone' is doing it means something to the family involved, as it must feel like they are on their way to being hung drawn and quartered already! Too many people believe in the old adage, no smoke without fire, it seems. I do however believe in the one that says 'mud sticks!'
    No matter what the outcome, they will always have some people that will think they had something to do with it.

Were not the jury and our 10 mins of guess based on 3% of the facts doesn’t mean anything to anyone
    I always think of this forum as somewhere I can come and discuss topics of interest, like you would in a pub or restaurant.

People all over the world are having the same discussions, I don't know why we should be any different. It's human nature to speculate and try and work out In your own head what 'might' have happened.

There are other threads to read if you don't like this one.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You contradict yourself there.
    What, S38? I can't believe it

You say your guessing doesn't mean anything to anyone and yet you say that the rest of the world are doing the same thing. So surely the fact that 'everyone' is doing it means something to the family involved, as it must feel like they are on their way to being hung drawn and quartered already!
    Mmmm. Well, I dunno, publicity's a double-edged sword, and they're responsible for making this a global story - so it's understandable that there's a high level of media interest in all new developments. It's news, in other words.

No matter what the outcome, they will always have some people that will think they had something to do with it.
    Yes, I'm sure - look at Sion Jenkins, for example.

You contradict yourself there. You say your guessing doesn't mean anything to anyone and yet you say that the rest of the world are doing the same thing. So surely the fact that 'everyone' is doing it means something to the family involved, as it must feel like they are on their way to being hung drawn and quartered already! Too many people believe in the old adage, no smoke without fire, it seems. I do however believe in the one that says 'mud sticks!'
    What would you suggest then no one talk about it ?

I hope she is innocent, it sounds incredulous

A comment from BBC news

---------------------

Ms McGuinness said: "They [the police] believe they have evidence to show that in some way she's involved in the death of her daughter, which of course is completely ludicrous.

"They have suggested that blood has been found in a hire car that they hired 25 days after Madeleine was taken."

------------------------------

Cant we discuss it as ive said no one knows (I think the answer)

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I always think of this forum as somewhere I can come and discuss topics of interest, like you would in a pub or restaurant.

People all over the world are having the same discussions, I don't know why we should be any different. It's human nature to speculate and try and work out In your own head what 'might' have happened.

There are other threads to read if you don't like this one.
    Well said

Remember in all this no one will forget the little girl

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    But the British press has not in my opinion reported this case in an objective manner. Non of the questions has been raised which would normally has been reported about if it hasn't been because the McCans is a nice professional couple. snip....People can be bad parents, even appauling parents no matter their status in live. What education they have, what jobs they hold or their social background.
    I absolutely agree, I work in a primary school. Your 'status' does not make you a good or bad parent. But since when does the media ever tell it as it really is! Leaving the children alone at such a young age was IMO a stupid and irresponsible thing to do. But it doesn't make them 'bad parents' it means they did one stupid thing. For which they are paying the highest price. If it is proved they did have something to do with her disappearance, then I too will be wanting them severely punished, but until that time I think they have a right to battle through it without everyone condeming them.

Blog Entries

Cant we discuss it as ive said no one knows (I think the answer)
    I don't think anyone's saying don't discuss it - it's more that some of us are sad that people have immediately jumped to conclusions and have already judged her guilty .

I think they have a right to battle through it without everyone condeming them.
    No one is condemning them Cru, not on this forum anyway. We are merely speculating as to how they might have done it 'if' they did do it.

It's a potential murder mystery and as such, is extremely interesting.

Blog Entries

Lets face it.. they are condemed whatever the outcome unfortunately.

So why did she do it ?
    I guess posts like this made me think she was condemned already!

I guess posts like this made me think she was condemned already!

Well...you know what S38 is like. You can't blame him for wording things badly.

I have compared this to a pub situation, but it's different in that you can't correct what you say and word it differently when someone picks you up on it. I'm sure if you said to S38, surely you mean "If she did do it, how?" and S38 would say "yes, thats what I meant".

So anyway, I think they should hang the evil bitch.

I have compared this to a pub situation, but it's different in that you can't correct what you say and word it differently when someone picks you up on it. I'm sure if you said to S38, surely you mean "If she did do it, how?" and S38 would say "yes, thats what I meant".
    You've not met Stewart then DT? (only joking Mr 45)

Blog Entries

So anyway, I think they should hang the evil bitch.

That's a bit harsh,

Cruella was only stating her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    That's a bit harsh,

Cruella was only stating her opinion.

The vatican pulled their links to the find Madeleine website this morning, and their appeal for information has also gone......
    So the Pope doesn't want to find Madeline now? I'm confused. That Pope is a fickle one and no mistake!!

Does hang her

Sorry meant dont hang her

Commercial Operator

If they had not decline the free baby sitting service, or the use of the creche, or taken their children with them Madeleine would still be with them. Fact.
    I suppose the fact that they refused these services might make the police wonder why they refused them. Perhaps they had something to hide and didn't want anyone else in the apartment. I really hope that the McCanns are not guilty, however it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they are.
    Just after Madeleine went missing, there was a report on one of the news programmes, about the high incidence of children who go missing in Portugal, and the fact that the Portugese Police don't spend a a lot of time looking for them. One of the reasons mentioned was that there are a large number of Paedophile rings operating in Portugal, and there are some very high profile people involved in their operation. a fair amount of pressure is put on the Police by these people, not to find missing children. Because Madeleine Mccann was British, and her disappearance was so high profile, the portugese Police had to look like they were serious about their search operation. however, the parents of the large number of Portugese children who have gone missing in the past, would be justified in asking why the same effort was never put in to finding their children. Accusing the McCanns might just be the easy way out for the Portugese Police, and a way for them to bring to a close a case that is bringing a lot of unwanted publicity.

Re: Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Absolutely Right S38. Theres more to this than meets the eye, mark my words! As a professional in child Protection and forensic investigations work, Im getting very suspicious now
    I find this post from June very interesting!

None of us knows what has happened but something just hasn't seemed right from the start.

For me it was the whole religious thing. I have no problem with people who follow religion but alarm bells ring when I see people making such a big display of it and trying to draw attention to their religiosity. For example, from the beginning we heard a great deal about the McCann's Catholicism, had them filmed going to Church every day and then the meeting with the Pope thing. It's as if they're trying to say 'look at us, we're so devout, which must make us good people'. Why do they need to convince anyone of that?

I was also surprised at their level of control. I think I would be a useless wreck, unable to drag myself out of bed if anything happened to Isis Junior but Kate McCann was still going out for her daily jog just after Madeline's disappearance.

Their ability to launch a slick media campaign was surprising and did I hear Gerry McCann was giving lectures about the media at the Edinburgh Festival?

Are they behaving like this because they are just more strong minded and controlled than the average person or are they acting inconsistently with people who have had thir daughter kidnapped?
    Last edited by Isis; 7th-September-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information