Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine

Re: Madeline

It's your Birthday today Madeline. Do you know it's your Birthday?

I don't know whats worse...you knowing it's your Birthday and missing your family or not knowing because, well, because you could be dead or not being cared for.

I'll be thinking about you all day today & we all still hope you will be back with your family very soon.

Just a little update for you from Portugal.

They had a sniffer dog go to every apartment on Thursday.When they came to our apartment I would say there were at least six or more men who I assumed to be plain clothes police.

Today when I came home from work the surrounding area is alive with TV,newspaper reporters and cameramen.If that is any indication,they havent scaled their investigations down much.

Just as an aside to all this.The locals are very upset at how the Algarve is portraid by the press.
    I have to say I feel a lot safer here than I would if I lived in London.There is crime here obviously but it doesnt appear to be anything like the scale of things at the moment in England.

it is a tragic thing that has happened and I hope she is found soon and well.

My mate said the same who leaves youngsters alone whilst they went out ofr a meal? granted they checked on them regularly.

Like had been said what happened if one of them became frightened? how long would it have been till the next check?

Just they must be going through hell I hope the whole ordeal is over for them sooner rather than later.

To Madeline - Happy Birthday.

To Madeline and her parents - our thoughts and prayers are with you.

David X

Would you electronically tag your child to prevent this kind of incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    If it was completely harmless to the child, I would have it done TODAY..!

The only problem is, a chip can easily be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

The only problem is, a chip can easily be removed.
    Easily? I'd have thought that was the problem - it wouldn't be so easy, and would cause the child pain and suffering if they were taken by someone who knew what they were doing. If they were lost, or taken by someone spontaneously with no plan (i.e. not a trafficker) then it might be useful.

I can't see that attachable devices would be any good - they would be very easily removed by anyone.

What about the psychological implications for the child the article talks about?

What about the psychological implications for the child the article talks about?
    I think if you cover all the angles it should not affect the child. Lets say you tagged a child with an implant shortly after birth, then as they got older, explained to the them the importance of being safe and what to do if a stranger tries to talk to them/take them somewhere.

At my childrens school, the children are encouraged to kick, scream, bite and run as fast as they can to somewhere safe, if they are approched by a stranger. I tell them the same all the time. I even tell them where to kick for the best results. Its important for them to be street wise, but let them live their lives without fear.

Blog Entries

i think its like the "DONT HAVE NIGHTMARES AND DO SLEEP WELL" scenario. I watch crime watch and **** myself for an hour or so afterwards being all anxious the elephant about what could happen. If you put a tag on a child i think it could have the same effect. Its sort of saying, something is going to happen or putting the idea into their head. Not sure what the answer is except education on what to do's and how to avoids.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suspect its only a matter of time...

I 'think' I might be for it, if it was proved to have no adverse effects and it helped to keep children safe from these rare tragedy's..

They do a similar thing for dogs already, don't they

The bad thing would be when the child gets passed a certain age, they'll probably complain that its an invasion of their privacy...

Also, while I'm thinking about it, it could also throw up all sorts of other issues, for example, human rights etc

........... if we look back 50 years and look how society has changed with the aid of modern technology, then we look forward 50 years... I bet we'll all be chipped as soon as we're born... it'd eliminate the need for passports, NI cards and the illegal immigrants would show up on the system as soon as they try to claim anything... we won't be using cash or credit cards, you'll probably simply have to wave your hand over a sensor, to pay for your anything...(thats if we still have 'real' shops, rather than 'virtual' ones?) All your school, medical, work and credit history will be stored on the chip...

Oh my 'Big brother' is close!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

This bloke they are questioning. Says he comes from Norfolk/Portugal. Not you is it djtrev?

This bloke they are questioning. Says he comes from Norfolk/Portugal. Not you is it djtrev?
    Coincidence DT pure coincidence.

But it spooky though isnt it.

If you watched the Sky News last night I think the Sky News team did a remarkable character assasination on him.

The Dashing Moderator

I'd also worry about the effects of having a radio transmitter permanently near to vital organs, especially in a child (where their small size means you can't physically get very far away from the vital organs, and they are still developing).

It's not so long ago that there was a big fuss about the potential dangers of mobile phone radiation. Although the fuss has died down, mobiles still haven't been around long enough for there to be evidence of all the long-term effects.

I don't have children, but if I did, I'd be very cautious about having a mobile-phone-like device irradiating my child 24/7.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Coincidence DT pure coincidence.

But it spooky though isnt it.

If you watched the Sky News last night I think the Sky News team did a remarkable character assasination on him.
    Thank goodness for that...! Sounds like they are clutching at straws anyway, by the looks of it.

The Dashing Moderator

The other thing is that, tragic though this is, there are many far, far worse things going on in the world which don't get nearly so much media coverage.

There are truly nasty things going on in the Democratic Republic of Congo for instance.
    If you don't want to be horrified, or are easily upset, please don't click on the audio link in the top right of that page.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    The other thing is that, tragic though this is, there are many far, far worse things going on in the world which don't get nearly so much media coverage.
    Yep. That's because beautiful blond toddlers pull at the heart strings a lot more that...well...your congo story, for a start. It was the same with Holly and Jessica. Remember the outpouring of grief when they were murdered?

Thats just the way of the world unfortunately.

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

It's really scary re the blond toddlers thing... both my kids are blonde, blue eyed kids... when we were in Australia asian people kept stopping to touch them especially my wee boy - I was getting really freaked by it because I was pretty convinced that if I didn't keep them clamped by my side someone would have taken them away...

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzosoprano View Post
    It's really scary re the blond toddlers thing... both my kids are blonde, blue eyed kids... when we were in Australia asian people kept stopping to touch them especially my wee boy - I was getting really freaked by it because I was pretty convinced that if I didn't keep them clamped by my side someone would have taken them away...
    Bloody asian's...how dare they touch your golden child.

I feel so badly for her parents. By now it has been pointed out that she shouldn't have been left alone...I was one of the first people to criticise the action. But while it was wrong to leave her it was MORE wrong for someone to take her away from her family.

I really hope she is found soon safe and well.

At the age of 3 or 4 I had white-blonde hair. On holiday a waitress took me off my parents to show me to the kitchen staff. Scary really.

xXx

Madeline

A tragic situation now turning into a media circus ?

Hear their letter off balloons in Oxford and Scotland now

Their remaining kids are kissed good bye in front of the cameras while they go of to see the Pope

There talks of releasing songs etc A private Jet where the donator has to give his name why did he do that ?. Pop starts /celebrities all getting involved

Whets going on ?

100 kids going missing a day in the UK

I have mix feeling over it

Thread Information