Thread: Bitteeeeee

Blog Entries

Bitteeeeee

Were you breast fed as a child. Did you breast feed your children.

They say breast is best. What do you think. Have a look at this clip...

Strange, funny or somewhat eeeeoeouuuk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Bitteeeeee

As I can't view that vid I'll give a sensible reply. (geez I must be getting old)

Logically Breast feeding has to be best - That surely is the point of the damn things. God did not say "Oh yeah stuff a couple o' exercise balls on the front of the female to give the male somat to occupy his hands, eyes and teeth during the day"

All the Bullshit about women not being allowed to breast feed in restuarnts etc.etc sucks. Errmm actually I think I may have the point wrong there it's to prevent sucking init? But that's just wrong. There are limits I suppose f'rinstance breast feeding a six year old in public is crossing a whole different set of lines and as that would be purely for vanity/laziness/perversion that probably ought to be frowned upon. I mean most people that like milk (I don't regardless) like it cold, euurrgghh not body temperature.

Personally I was all for it, there is evidence to infer kids that were breast fed are better off in lots of things intelligence and asthma were two that I heard about. But the absolutely best thing about breast feeding babies is that I couldn't do it. Middle of the night and the baby is screaming, swift elbow in the middle of her back, grunt "baby needs feeding" and you can roll over and head off back to the land of nod in the warm and fuzzy knowledge that you have performed admirably in fatherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    But the absolutely best thing about breast feeding babies is that I couldn't do it. Middle of the night and the baby is screaming, swift elbow in the middle of her back, grunt "baby needs feeding" and you can roll over and head off back to the land of nod in the warm and fuzzy knowledge that you have performed admirably in fatherhood.
    Nothing like being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Middle of the night and the baby is screaming, swift elbow in the middle of her back, grunt "baby needs feeding" and you can roll over and head off back to the land of nod in the warm and fuzzy knowledge that you have performed admirably in fatherhood.
    You will be pleased to hear, Trousers that I breast fed all three of my kids. As for the middle of the night, I provided the breast...my husband did the winding, changing of nappies and getting the baby back to sleep.

Once you get past the first month of cracked, bleeding nipples and pain that is so agonising that it made me almost pass out, it becomes quite easy.

Blog Entries

God i can still feel the pain of that latch on or falling off..... toes curling up and grimacing.......god awful if you get cracked nipples.

Yes I was a member of the bitteeeeee club but, only for the first year i am told.

I did breast feed my daughter but, only for a couple of months.

I didn't give it up:-

Because it hurt like hell.

or because my nips kept sticking to those awful pads.

or that i had cracked nips.

or for being told off for doing it in public places.

or for having to wear those awful support bras.

or the expense of having to put savoy cabbages in my bras

or because i was fed up with milk flying every where whilst having a bath.

I gave up because my daughter had a milk allergy to not only mine but forumula too. Personally, it was a blessing in disguise for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    You will be pleased to hear, Trousers that I breast fed all three of my kids. As for the middle of the night, I provided the breast...my husband did the winding, changing of nappies and getting the baby back to sleep.

Once you get past the first month of cracked, bleeding nipples and pain that is so agonising that it made me almost pass out, it becomes quite easy.
    yes i remember it well...Sitting down minding my own business, nipple pads off (yours) shower free of charge. I was like cleopatra for the first few months of your breast feeding. Only i didn't bathe, i had showers....

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    Because it hurt like hell.

or because my nips kept sticking to those awful pads.

or that i had cracked nips.

or for being told off for doing it in public places.

or for having to wear those awful support bras.

or the expense of having to put savoy cabbages in my bras

or because i was fed up with milk flying every where whilst having a bath
    I especially remember the cabbages when i got mastytis (can't spell it), but you forgot the lack of sex...can't be doing with a leg over when you have a sprinkler system spraying the whole bedroom (although I understand some men pay good money for that kind of display)

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    yes i remember it well...Sitting down minding my own business, nipple pads off (yours) shower free of charge. I was like cleopatra for the first few months of your breast feeding. Only i didn't bathe, i had showers....
    Yep...I could have fed ten babies with the amount of milk i produced.

The midwife said to me "Don't be too disheartened if you can only express a few ounces". I was expressing bottles of the stuff on an hourly basis. I could have made a killing down at the co-op.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I especially remember the cabbages when i got mastytis (can't spell it), but you forgot the lack of sex...can't be doing with a leg over when you have a sprinkler system spraying the whole bedroom (although I understand some men pay good money for that kind of display)
    aaahhhh yes the waft of heated warm cabbage as well.... forgot about that. The dog used to get kicked a lot...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

do people really complain about breast feeding in public ? Id hoped that was a myth, as Ive never come across it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    do people really complain about breast feeding in public ? Id hoped that was a myth, as Ive never come across it.
    Yes they do - one woman yes a woman had a go at me. She said it was offensive for her children to see breastfeeding in public. Should have just squirted her eh

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    do people really complain about breast feeding in public ?
    Yes! Me! ...but it was years ago, when I was pushing my daughter in the shopping trolley, queued up at the till, and found that she had unbuttoned my blouse, and was about to tuck in to an early lunch!

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

- to all of the above....

I managed to feed my eldest for 9 months - younges, my wee boy, I had to give up after 5 - I couldn't keep up with the demand...he's still a wee monkey too - 19 months old - 14 months off breast milk and the first chance he gets he's got his hand down my top! I think it's a guy thing.....

Thread Information