Thread: If Ceroc were Star Wars...

Re: The best weekender you've attended.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyFunkster View Post
    ... coke and pepsi and sold next door to each other on the same shelf ...
    Is a bit like a small local convenience store having to compete with a massive discount superstore (like Tesco (kind of 'Empire' for example) setting up 100 yards away?

.... just wondered!!

[ I feel a disturbance in the Force .... it feels like .... it feels like .... a massive shift to a new thread!! .... long live the Rebellion .... and that Carrie Fisher ... phwaaaoorr!]

Moved from the Weekender thread - DJ
    Last edited by David Bailey; 24th-May-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post
    Is a bit like a small local convenience store having to compete with a massive discount superstore (like Tesco (kind of 'Empire' for example) setting up 100 yards away?

.... just wondered!!

[ I feel a disturbance in the Force .... it feels like .... it feels like .... a massive shift to a new thread!! .... long live the Rebellion .... and that Carrie Fisher ... phwaaaoorr!]
    don`t you mean long live princess leia in that outfit when Jabba the hut was alive.....

Commercial Operator

don`t you mean long live princess leia in that outfit when Jabba the hut was alive.....
    Alas, poor Jabba
    Happily minding his own business, maintaining goodwill with everyone, running his small franchise for all those years, then... when those bullying Rebellion types first stole one of his top demonstrators, then wiped him out when he had the nerve to stand up to them!

This is exactly the kind of thing we're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Alas, poor Jabba
    Happily minding his own business, maintaining goodwill with everyone, running his small franchise for all those years, then... when those bullying Rebellion types first stole one of his top demonstrators, then wiped him out when he had the nerve to stand up to them!

This is exactly the kind of thing we're talking about
    If Ceroc is the empire and then people who work for Ceroc are equivilent to Storm Troopers then who would be Darth Vader.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    If Ceroc is the empire and then people who work for Ceroc are equivilent to Storm Troopers then who would be Darth Vader.
    Amir's dad?

Amir's dad?

in fairness it was a small independent that wiped out Jabba.....And that was all because Jabba was an allie of the empire........If as suggested Mike E is the Emperor than that makes Dave B Darth vader??? But i can`t quite see Dave B and Amir being related i think spikey steve would make a good Ewok with all that messy hair though...

Commercial Operator

in fairness it was a small independent that wiped out Jabba.....And that was all because Jabba was an allie of the empire........If as suggested Mike E is the Emperor than that makes Dave B Darth vader??? But i can`t quite see Dave B and Amir being related i think spikey steve would make a good Ewok with all that messy hair though...
    I wouldn't call the Rebellion a 'small independent' though - don't forget - they're effectively the old Republic returning, and at one stage, they had the whole market sewn up.

The Empire, on the other hand, had such tiny humble origins, - remember at one stage, it was basically a two-man operation (albeit working as Franchisees of the Old Republic.)

Then they gained a bit of a following, broke away, changed their name (OK - so that part could be viewed as a bit unethical , but maybe the Republic should have made their contracts a bit more binding) - and proceeded to cream their former mentors at the same business. You have to admire their enterprise

They simply didn't do a good enough job of stamping out their competitors, who bided their time, returned, put the two main Imperial Venue Stars out of business (and I'm pretty sure that was illegal)...

It's hard to sort out the ethics in a mess like that.

I wouldn't call the Rebellion a 'small independent' though - don't forget - they're effectively the old Republic returning, and at one stage, they had the whole market sewn up.

The Empire, on the other hand, had such tiny humble origins, - remember at one stage, it was basically a two-man operation (albeit working as Franchisees of the Old Republic.)

Then they gained a bit of a following, broke away, changed their name (OK - so that part could be viewed as a bit unethical , but maybe the Republic should have made their contracts a bit more binding) - and proceeded to cream their former mentors at the same business. You have to admire their enterprise

They simply didn't do a good enough job of stamping out their competitors, who bided their time, returned, put the two main Imperial Venue Stars out of business (and I'm pretty sure that was illegal)...

It's hard to sort out the ethics in a mess like that.
    No time to analyse the code of ethics when there is InterGalatic iwars going on....it`s common place though amongst the smaller planets....Tattooine and Naboo are currently fighting off an imminent trade embargo in parts of devon i`m told although i`d be more concerned about the more robust City in the clouds up near liverpool somewhere....apparently they are lrecruiting from the atlantic ocean and are looking to recruit freedom fighters/mercenaries who can also spin a tune on the decks i`m told.........

Commercial Operator

No time to analyse the code of ethics when there is InterGalatic iwars going on....it`s common place though amongst the smaller planets....Tattooine and Naboo are currently fighting off an imminent trade embargo in parts of devon i`m told although i`d be more concerned about the more robust City in the clouds up near liverpool somewhere....apparently they are lrecruiting from the atlantic ocean and are looking to recruit freedom fighters/mercenaries who can also spin a tune on the decks i`m told.........
    Yeah - we need to watch out for that Trade Federation. Sneaky so'n'sos.

As for the City in the Clouds - I've heard tell of an powerful transatlantic Swing Knight currently in that neck of the galaxy, and we are embarking on a pilgrimage there this very weekend in search of enlightment and training. Could this be the one of whom you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post

[ I feel a disturbance in the Force .... it feels like .... it feels like .... a massive shift to a new thread!! ....
    Hmmmm .... mistaken, I am. Strong, this dark Force is. Clouded and unclear, my vision is.

[ ..... either that ..... or unobservant, these moderators are!!!]

I know some people that would qualify for the role of Jar-jar

"Ooh moi moi I loves you!"
    "You almost got an infraction ! Are you brainless?"
    "I dance!"
    "The ability to dance does not make you capable of intelligent posts. Now get out of here."

"If me be postin, the bosses will do terrible things to me Tewwwwible things! "

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I know some people that would qualify for the role of Jar-jar
    You know, sometimes your posts cut like a light saber!

So then it would be Amir's sister chained in the golden bikini !!!

Thanks Funky. An Ewok is far too cute and would also put me as a fighter against the empire. I see myself simply as sipping my drink in the Mos Eisley canteena minding my own business and having my fun.

Thread Information