View Poll Results: Where are you going this weekend?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fri-Portsmouth The Swing Dance Comp-Jive Aces at Pendulum Swing

1 2.94%
  • Fri- London Jive Nation - Hippodrome

1 2.94%
  • Fri-Rhythm & Jive - Whitby Sports & Social Club

0 0%
  • Fri-Evesham Ceroc - Kidderminster/Worcester Utopia

3 8.82%
  • Fri-Leeds Blitz - Freestyle - YeadonTown Hall

0 0%
  • Sat-Chiswick Ceroc - London - ChiswickTown Hall

2 5.88%
  • Sat- Salisbury - Warminster Assembly Hall

0 0%
  • Sat-London Jive Nation : American church

0 0%
  • Sat-Oxford Jive+ Grand May Ball - Rover Sports Club

4 11.76%
  • Sat-Knutsford Revolution Dance - . Civic Cr

3 8.82%
  • Sat- Brighton Jive Promo - Kalamazoo - St. Mary's Hall

0 0%
  • Sat-Ceroc Central-LoughboroughTown Hall (VictoriaRoom)

3 8.82%
  • Sat-Nottingham Pulse - Bulwell Territorial Army Centre

5 14.71%
  • Sun-Altrincham-Sunday Blues-Cinnamon Club-The Bowdon Rooms

2 5.88%
  • Sun-Brighton Ceroc-Fever-Freestyle with Val & Dave!-Funky Fish Club

2 5.88%
  • Sun- Bedford Freestyle - Addison Centre

1 2.94%
  • Sun-Jango-Sunday T-Jive- VENUE CHANGE ACTON

4 11.76%
  • Mon-Worcester-Freestyle - Bossa Nova Cafe Wine Bar

2 5.88%
  • Mon-Chesham freestyle-CheshamPark College

1 2.94%
  • Mon-Redditch want2dance-Freestyle-Arrow Valley Social Club

2 5.88%
  • Fri - Negracha

1 2.94%
  • Fri - Junction18

0 0%
  • Saturday - Andy's Hove Ball

2 5.88%
  • I'm a moderator and i'm going to be laying down in a darkened room!

4 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Whats on this weekend 25 -28 May

Re: Whats on this weekend 25 -28 May

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Perhaps the men aren't looking at your face?
    I know...everyone falls in love the minute they look in to my eyes...best not to risk it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    So..What do you do on a miserable bank holiday weekend, with a 5 and a 6 year old?

I know..! I'll stand outside in the rain and cold for 2 hours queuing and take them to The London Dungeon and scare the bejesus out of them.

Pic 1 - this is what happens to Gav when he forgets to buy me flowers...Off with his head...! My son had that expression on his face for the next 2 hours.

Pic 2 - Me and my daughter doing a great job of stirring the cauldron.

Pic 3 - Gav finds himself a new, improved girlfriend....she has the plague, but she doesn't answer back as much.

I've threatened to take the kids there again next week, if they don't behave.
    Thats the funniest picture ive seen of my nephew ever. Made me spit tea....

Great pics sis. Wish i had come with ya. That would have been my face too. (im such a chicken when it comes to scary things).....TALKING OF SCARY.. DTS PUT THE KETTLE ON.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Utopia (evesham) was fab
    Really enjoyed Utopia. Was worth the hour 'shortcut' right through the middle of Birmingham on a Friday night. I was terrified! Usually find it hard to get into the mood for Utopia's. It's difficult to get out of the car after a long journey and get into the zone required to have a good time. Manged it tonight though without too much difficulty.

Had some lovely dances. Marty Baby you are fabulous. Thank you for all of our dances. Top of my list for Southport (YESSSSSSSSSS SOUTHPORT - 4 MORE SLEEPS). OXO's your set was amazing.

The first DJ was good. I actually think it was probably his music that made it easier for me to get into it this time. It wasn't as bluesy. His set needed to be shorter though. No disrespect meant here at all. OXO's is superb and really understands the atmosphere and concept of Utopia's. Once he took the decks the ambiance changed and it was out of this world.

Managed to just about remember the Utopia Stroll. Credit To Val for being such a great teacher. Will miss the next Evesham Utopia as I will be checking out the new Derby one. Great night though Deb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Commercial Operator

Rest of the Utopia Evesham pics are now in my gallery.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Sunday is something new. Some Lindy chap is running a Blues night at Bar 38 in Manchetser. The attraction is firstly listening to a different strain of Blues from someone who is apparently the real deal AND handing out at Bar 38. It was a regular spot in my old clubbing days in Manchester ... hopefully this time there will be less beer spilt.
    Such a shame this one had to be cancelled / postponed. We were in Manchester to do Revolution and this ('Real Deal' doesn't even begin to do him justice - and the event promises to be superb.) We'll definitely be there in June (24th?) for the next one - no way am I missing that one - especially given how few events we've been able to get to in recent months .

Anyway - still had a good weekend, and Revolution was great as always - hope Janey's better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Anyway - still had a good weekend, and Revolution was great as always - hope Janey's better soon.

Where were you?? who were you??? I was on the door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to say I have been told this evening that Janey is doing ok and is now out of hospital. Lots of love to a lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Really enjoyed Utopia. Was worth the hour 'shortcut' right through the middle of Birmingham on a Friday night. I was terrified! Usually find it hard to get into the mood for Utopia's. It's difficult to get out of the car after a long journey and get into the zone required to have a good time. Manged it tonight though without too much difficulty.

Had some lovely dances. Marty Baby you are fabulous. Thank you for all of our dances. Top of my list for Southport (YESSSSSSSSSS SOUTHPORT - 4 MORE SLEEPS). OXO's your set was amazing.

The first DJ was good. I actually think it was probably his music that made it easier for me to get into it this time. It wasn't as bluesy. His set needed to be shorter though. No disrespect meant here at all. OXO's is superb and really understands the atmosphere and concept of Utopia's. Once he took the decks the ambiance changed and it was out of this world.

Managed to just about remember the Utopia Stroll. Credit To Val for being such a great teacher. Will miss the next Evesham Utopia as I will be checking out the new Derby one. Great night though Deb.

Awww so sweet Twirly! no no.... thank you for the dances Twirly! ...and its cool that your StokeBloke and Mac are happy to click away with the cameras. Fab nights are better with pictures to remember them by! Us bristol folk are terrible for not taking photos. For examply, I don't believe any photos even exist of all the Bristol Girlies together, dressed up in their competition outfits on competition day etc. Its not an ego distance thing, everyone really gets on, its just that we are all so disorganised for stuff like that!

Yup, evesham was a fab night! Great venue, and nicely placed for the west folk... The south can get to dance with the Northeys half way etc.

...and the music was fab! OXO's set certainly did hit the spot for the audience. I also had the pleasure of dancing with Deb - she is one special lady.

I think what made it a really excellent night was the people there tho, everyone was so relaxed and friendly - and the forumites in the corner were soooo nice.... what a brill bunch you all are! Looking forward to bumping into you all, and doing it all again, in southport!

martin

Wicked weekend dancing wise this weekend.. Went to local venue on Friday night - Askern in Doncaster - night wouldn't have been anywhere near as good but John John came with us as he was "passing" Doncaster! Also was very surprised when Frank Blueshoes arrived and we had an amazing dance .. wanted more than one but he was in high demand!

Saturday went to Ceroc Central's opening night at Loughborough. Good night but very warm! At one point i'm sure i overheated myself completely when Jamie demanded that i go wash my face and cool down as i was apparently blotchy! oops.... Good night tho and got to dance with Blind Dynamo again.... had to explain to one of our mates that he could dance when he asked why there was a blind guy there! Got to see Jamie's light show for the first time with 2 phones with torches on.. bless him he does love to spin! even by himself! just wish i had the energy to spin my socks off for an entire track.....

Sunday - see "Was last night amazing for you too" thread.. i think everyone has covered it pretty well...

thanx to everyone for making my weekend so fab ... roll on SP

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    We were there all night. I danced with Onkar, MickeyR, JiveKnight & Gav (Obviously). JCB didn't see us either. I'm beginning to think I dreamt it all...but I definitely took those photos
    DT I saw you across a crowded room and just knew i had to dance with you

Had some cracking dances with those lovely "D" sisters (Missy D and Dee) &

Saw Gav and Onkar too in fact I saw quite a few familiar faces. A cracking night but was the floor slippy or what

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Where were you?? who were you??? I was on the door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oops
    I arrived sometime after nine, with a small group of lindy folk - later to be found doing some strange 5 / 6 person stealing dances, if that rings any bells. I think we were all a bit deflated by the news of the next day's cancellation, so I didn't dance as much as I might've

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Happy to say I have been told this evening that Janey is doing ok and is now out of hospital. Lots of love to a lovely lady.
    Good news

it was my first time at the Bossanova Worcester, and I loved it

the venue had lots of different areas you could dance on it was nice, it was busy earlier on, but did thin out later.

They did a beginner class up stairs which didn't encroach on out freestyle time. Debbie Atwood was also happy to help with extra moves for the beginner I took thanks Deb

I had some lovely dances, FirstMove roll on Southport (we got a round of applause)

Phil (phil & Yuko) was there with his brother who kept telling me he was a beginner, apparently he had only don't a few lesson's Nick it must follow in the family

it went on till 12 cos of it been back holiday

Dave played a wicked set, he put everything on we asked for and a good mix of fast and slow. brill one Dave

nice one Deb, i'v found my back holiday venue

Thread Information