Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your banana ?

Re: What's your banana ?

Well from the it's official thread you can see that I completed my Banana.

I'm over the moon. At times it was one hard slog. I'll happily addmit that it took me 6 yrs to complete a 4 yr course due to personal problems. but I made it in the end. I did wonder at times whether it was worth continuing. Esp[ecially at the end of the summer when I had to decide whether to repeat my 4th year as my studies had to be suspended.

I would just like to say thanx to everyone who listened to me moan, cry, get my frustrations out and just listend to me trying to make my decision.

On to the next Banana......Finding a Job in an NHS that has few!

My Banana is take a year out travel the world and stop worrying that i wont get a job when i get back

I can see a slip on a banana skin might cause a slip that ends up changing someones life for the better.

for example.
    A redundancy and someone gets a better job.
    A broken romance leaving someone to meet the love of their life.

But why are goals bananas?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    I can see a slip on a banana skin might cause a slip that ends up changing someones life for the better.

for example.
    A redundancy and someone gets a better job.
    A broken romance leaving someone to meet the love of their life.

Did you read the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    She set herself a huge challenge, she worked hard towards it, and achieved it.

Which made me realise, we all need bananas to help us move forward. So I wondered, what's yours ?
    They're bananas because we say they're bananas (following on from the linguistic discussions elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post

Bananas are bent (well most are)

Bend it like becs

head ball from a delivery by becs = goal

fairly simple i thought ?

Blog Entries

My banana is to live every day as though its my last....Dont take crap of nobody and treat everybody as you would expect to be treated.

Simple really.

Banana Log - Stardate 20070608
    Supplemental

After speaking with Twirly last night I have another budding banana waiting to ripen and eventually be plucked and eaten.

I'd like to further my education. I'm not happy with where I am just now and It has been a dream of mine for some time (albeit a Pipedream) to become a maths teacher.

I need to refresh my mathematics skills, so I've been looking at (a) refresher courses in the OU and (b) advancement courses in OU and elsewhere.

My Ultimate goal is to teach maths, but if after studying for a few years i change my mind The flexibility of the OU system would allow me to branch out. Physics, quantum Mechanics, etc. the world is my slimy edible bivalve mollusc as they say !!

I feel like the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz..

"I would not be just a nuffin'
    My head all full of stuffin'
    My heart all full of pain.
    I would dance and be merry
    Life would be a ding-a-derry
    If I only had a brain"

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Did you read the first post?

They're bananas because we say they're bananas (following on from the linguistic discussions elsewhere).
    Apologies. I focussed on the first lady falling and skim read the rest

Dancing wise, my banana is to improve my eye contact when dancing, some kinda confidence issue i got going on

In real life, get doing a degree that i actually like and get that elusive 1st!

nick

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I'd like to further my education. I'm not happy with where I am just now and It has been a dream of mine for some time (albeit a Pipedream) to become a maths teacher.

I need to refresh my mathematics skills, so I've been looking at (a) refresher courses in the OU and (b) advancement courses in OU and elsewhere.

My Ultimate goal is to teach maths, but if after studying for a few years i change my mind The flexibility of the OU system would allow me to branch out. Physics, quantum Mechanics, etc. the world is my slimy edible bivalve mollusc as they say !!
    Man I have always wanted to be a maffs teacher. Honest.

Time to think............

So, a little over a year after starting this thread, how is everyone doing with their bananas ?

I've just achieved my 'dancing banana', which was to earn enough points in the American WCS comp system to be able to get out of Novice and dance in Intermediate. It's an achievement that I have worked hard to get (although when it comes to dancing wcs the word 'work' seems a little odd!) and that makes me happy.

Next banana will be making finals and earn Int points. And, dare I say it, make it to Advanced some day (this will take a few years... but a year ago or so I wouldn't even have thought about it). I've been dancing (MJ) for 4 years now and never got round to calling myself a dancer.
    After this past trip to the US and dancing spotlights twice and actually enjoying it, I now know this is who I am.

I am a dancer.

Why was it so hard to actually say it, I don't know

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, a little over a year after starting this thread, how is everyone doing with their bananas ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    My Banana at the moment, is to be able to complete (without giving up or pausing to relieve the pain ) the full 'Body Pump' routine at my gym ..
    I'm a long way from peeling my Banana but I'm not giving up just yet!
    Hey, good thread revival! I'd forgotten this and just realised I achieved mine a good while back too

I need a new one now

I've just achieved my 'dancing banana', which was to earn enough points in the American WCS comp system to be able to get out of Novice and dance in Intermediate.
    Well done you!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    My banana 6 months ago was to be able to spin really fast and lots and lots of times cause I got told that I wouldn't be able to do it... Needless to say, I proved a point
    What he said less the bit of achieving it.

Can do fast though but not that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I have a goal that soon (ish.. perhaps in a year or so) I'll be moving down to London to be with her. Eventually, We'll each sell our respective properties and hopefully get a place of our own. This is our long term idea.. this is my banana.
    Well, he made it down five months earlier than he predicted

And yes, what he says is my banana too, in the longer term. However in the shorter term, I've got several banana’s to peel before that can happen...

Recent one that I've done - learn to drive and get a car. Not quite so easy when you're a bit older, but I got there in the long run!

Next one - finding a solicitor and sorting out some compensation for the recent accident. I've made a start on this one now.
    Almost there with this one. Hoping that the cheque will arrive any day soon now.

Dancing - to keep improving, do more workshops and dance in lots of different places now I've got my wheels.
    Well, this didn’t quite happen in the way I’d hoped, partially due to my tumble down the stairs in Feb and lots of ensuing problems. But I did at least make it to SP in June, did Camber in March and will be there again in November. Had to stop the tango due to ankle pain Think I’m a bit stuck at the moment though – too much else on.

Doing my flat up - this is a biggish one, and somewhat scary, but has to be done before Beo can move down (since I'll have to move out for part of it). Basically, what started out as a relatively minor project has mushroomed. Now I need to have the place rewired, a new kitchen put in and a new bathroom. Everything redecorated, new carpets, new cupboards built in. The works.

Once that's done - Beo moving in :
    Erm, did it?! Apparently not, as I now have one Beo firmly installed, along with a yet-to-be-installed kitchen in the spare room and a bad dose of procrastination. Should be happening sometime soon… but we are both going to have to move out of course.

And very long-term - to go part time at the salaried job to pursue the aromatherapy (sorry Barry!). I'm good at it, particularly the massage, and it allows me to give back to other people. But I keep thinking I'm going to get started, and then there are other things in the way... so I keep putting it off But one day...
    Still dreaming about this. Have a new intermediate banana… planning a wedding

Well done for reminding us all Caro!

I am not good on achieving "bananas", but quite adept at finding the skins ...

Well done for reminding us all Caro!
    Yes indeed !!

In Life in general, [Twirly]'s my banana. I have to work hard to get the money to afford to fly down to see her so regularly.
    Or get made redundant and get a job down south.. that works well too !

I have a goal that soon (ish.. perhaps in a year or so) I'll be moving down to London to be with her. Eventually, We'll each sell our respective properties and hopefully get a place of our own. This is our long term idea.. this is my banana.
    Well we still own our respective properties. I now have a person in my flat in Aberdeen who is paying me most if not all of the mortgage in rent.

Well, he made it down five months earlier than he predicted
    I did need a little push though.. Sometimes misfortune is actually a cunningly disguised opportunity

Have a new intermediate banana… planning a wedding
    Intermediate? INTERMEDIATE? I'd say that's a flipping advanced Banana .. complete with banana dips, drops and arials !!

My next big banana is the wedding of course. I need to save up to make the day and the subsequent honeymoon as magical as I can muster.

Intermediate? INTERMEDIATE? I'd say that's a flipping advanced Banana .. complete with banana dips, drops and arials !!
    Well of course it's intermediate... it's all the other stuff I've got planned afterwards that you don't know about yet that's the advanced stuff

(things like buying a house togther before you lot get your filthy minds into action!)

Thread Information