Thread: Ceroc Champs 2007 - Mary Poppins Scam

Ceroc Champs 2007 - Mary Poppins Scam

I thought the Mary Poppins showcase at the champs was excellent. I have a log fire at home and quite frankly it's in dire need of a good sweep. After their performance i approached the chimney sweep, Bert, and he said he'd come round in a week or so. Well it's been 2 weeks now and still no sign of him. I had thought it would be great to have my chimney swept whilst being entertained by Bert and his colourful cockney ways. But i now form the opinion that he is a bit unreliable.
    I checked on NACS, the Natioanl Association of Chimney Sweeps, and to my surprise they have no-one registered under the name 'Bert'. Perhaps Bert is operating outside of any official association in an attempt to avoid paying income tax.

As my curiosity was heightened by the whole sorry affair I decided to check the credentials of his partner in crime Ms Mary Poppins. Again i found that not of the offical nanny agencies has a Mary Poppins on their books, although a few of the numbers i called just laughed at me and hung up.
    Maybe for the Champs 2008 a few more background checks should be done before allowing dancers to compete.

While i'm here i also wouldn't be surprised if the blind guy in Pandora's Box wasn't blind after all, but also faking it. Shame cos i wanted to talk to him about an idea for solving the litter problem in the UK simply by sharpening the end of blind people's white sticks. Might have to shelve that gem for a while.

There is some good news though. I bumped into a few of the dancers from DanceElicious at a dance in London recently and they all seemed to be doing fine now. They looked somewhat under the weather at the champs and well done to them for competing anyway and also well done to our often maligned NHS for helping them all to a speedy recovery, allthough one of the women did still look like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Have to go now, Terry Wogan is on the radio soon and don't want to miss it...

barnpot

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: Ceroc Champs 2007 - Mary Poppins Scam

Mary Poppins was traveling home, but due to worsening weather, she decided to stop at a hotel for the night. She approached the receptionist and asked for a room for the night.

"Certainly madam", he replied courteously.

"Is the restaurant open still?" inquired Mary.

"Sorry, no," came the reply, "but room service is available all night. Would you care to select something from this menu?"

Mary smiled and took the menu and perused it. "Hmm, I would like cauliflower cheese please," said Mary.

"Certainly madam," he replied.

"And can I have breakfast in bed?" asked Mary politely. The receptionist nodded and smiled. "In that case, I would love a couple of poached eggs please," Mary mused. After confirming the order, Mary signed in and went up to her room for the night.

The night passed uneventfully and next morning Mary came down early to check out. The same guy was still on the desk.

"Morning madam...sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you," Mary replied.

"Food to your liking?"

"Well, I have to say the cauliflower cheese was exceptional, I don't think I have had better. Shame about the eggs tho....they really weren't that nice at all," replied Mary truthfully.

"Oh...well, perhaps you could contribute these thoughts to our Guest Comments Book.

We are always looking to improve our service and would value your opinion," said the receptionist.

"OK, I will...thanks!" replied Mary....who checked out, then scribbled a comment into the book. Waving, she left to continue her journey.

Curious, the receptionist picked up the book to see the comment Mary had written.

"Supercauliflowercheesebuteggswerequiteatrocio us!"

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

It seems that Mary Poppins has moved to California. She has started a business telling people's fortunes. But, she doesn't read palms or tea leaves, she smells one's breath. That, right, the sign outside reads: Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Gonnae no dae that!

Reminds me of my all-time favourite newspaper headline. In 2000 Glasgow giants Celtic were beaten at Celtic Park 3-1 by Highland minnows Inverness Caledonian Thistle:

Super Caley go ballistic, Celtic are atrocious!

BBC SPORT | Football | Other Scottish | Super Caley dream realistic?

Genius

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Gonnae no dae that!
    How no'?

Thread Information