Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to Woodfaces thread?

Re: What has happened to Woodfaces thread?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I love you will you have my babies ?

will that cancel the bad Karma I gave out

If your going to be PM get the thread back
    I second Woodface for PM and i want his babies too.

XXX XX DTS

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    You are wrong about why the thread was deleted. Several posts were reported on the thread, and after considering what to do, the 'offensive' posts were deleted. This left the thread in a confusing mess and made no sense.
    Ok. Fair enough. I apologise. I should never have doubted the moderating!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I apologise. I should never have doubted the moderating!
    How we doing on the date? Big boy.

XXX XXX DTS

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    How we doing on the date? Big boy.
    Ummm. Your place or mine?

And you really shouldn't be talking about my tummy like that in public. It's mean!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    Nowhere have I said that I post to bait the forum. !!!!!!!!!
    In the quote you removed in your reply it said that more or less word for word:
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodface
    I always play Devils Advocate. Never give my own opinions if you read read any of my threads that get the abuse flowing, I never give and opinion out.
    Especially the bit where you say that your threads get the 'abuse flowing'...

It is my view that the above quote can be construed as deliberate trolling / flame baiting, and I look forward to more constructive debate from you in the future, where you actually state your own views without being provocative or inflammatory.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Ummm. Your place or mine?

And you really shouldn't be talking about my tummy like that in public. It's mean!
    I am sat here after a good Franck slapping and giving out love to you.

I want my mum.
    XXX XXX DTS

woodface, I find it difficult to work out whether you're being deliberately obtuse, deliberately spiteful, or whether you are simply genuinely naive to the emotional response people can have to some of the unpleasant stuff you say. If the last, then I really hope you will realise it soon and learn from some of the people who are trying to explain to you why you put our backs up. If the former, God help us.

Just as an example of why what you're saying about not posting to bait the forum doesn't make sense: if I said "I like to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" would you believe me?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    In the quote you removed in your reply it said that more or less word for word:
    Especially the bit where you say that your threads get the 'abuse flowing'...

It is my view that the above quote can be construed as deliberate trolling / flame baiting, and I look forward to more constructive debate from you in the future, where you actually state your own views without being provocative or inflammatory.

Yes. I can post things that are quite inocent like just to mention two spinning and aerials. They got the abuse flowing. Infact most of my new threads and sometimes my posts do. It's how people read them and post back. I did not post that thread to "get the abuse going" but my threads go that way.

Franck, People read what they want to read. It's not just me it happens to, it's others aswell, I just don't take it like weeping child.

Look back at the past threads where they have gone this way, you will notice a pattern of 5-6 forumites turning it that way.

Maybe you shouldn't target the people who ask sensitive questions, but those who turn the thread in to a personal vendetta.

For anyone wanting to actually discuss the issue that Woodface brought up, I have taken the useful bits from that other post (as I see them) and reposted the questions here.

Please play nice

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    woodface, I find it difficult to work out whether you're being deliberately obtuse, deliberately spiteful, or whether you are simply genuinely naive to the emotional response people can have to some of the unpleasant stuff you say. If the last, then I really hope you will realise it soon and learn from some of the people who are trying to explain to you why you put our backs up. If the former, God help us.

Just as an example of why what you're saying about not posting to bait the forum doesn't make sense: if I said "I like to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" would you believe me?
    If you said you like to do that then no I wouldn't.

If you said "is it right to load up a gun and wander around in the woods among the deer and pull the trigger a lot, but I don't do deer hunting" then I can't see anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    For anyone wanting to actually discuss the issue that Woodface brought up, I have taken the useful bits from that other post (as I see them) and reposted the questions here.

Please play nice
    Are you a mod?

Please tell me you haven't gone to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Are you a mod?

Please tell me you haven't gone to the dark side.
    I'm not a Mod, I'm a Rocker

Truth is, I was actually interested in the underlying question that was being asked before it got enveloped in a quagmire of personal insult, attack and counter attack.

Who dear... me dear.. a moderator dear... how veeeery dare you!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Maybe you shouldn't target the people who ask sensitive questions, but those who turn the thread in to a personal vendetta.
    Seems to be a little bit of arrogance there that you are no doubt unable to see; the fact that the same people repeatedly criticise you should be a hint that it MAY POSSIBLY be justified, not that they are "out to get you"

reminds me of a Carly Simon song...

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I'm not a Mod, I'm a Rocker

Truth is, I was actually interested in the underlying question that was being asked before it got enveloped in a quagmire of personal insult, attack and counter attack.

Who dear... me dear.. a moderator dear... how veeeery dare you!
    Yeah, I was interested in the thread too. In fact, I got rep for my opinion, but I cant be arsed to type it all out again and to be honest...I dont think Woodface was trolling at all, not intentionally anyway, he aint that clever.

The Forum Legend

It's how people read them and post back. I did not post that thread to "get the abuse going" but my threads go that way.

Franck, People read what they want to read. It's not just me it happens to, it's others aswell, I just don't take it like weeping child.

Look back at the past threads where they have gone this way, you will notice a pattern of 5-6 forumites turning it that way.

Maybe you should actually start to think that if a number of people read what you post in a certain way, that, however you intended it to come across, that it comes across badly. And then start to think about how you do post, if it's not your intention to come across that way.

Speaking only for myself (I wouldn't presume to tell other people what they are thinking, unlike some), I don't pick on anything you write, just because YOU write it. I pick on some of the things that you write, because of how I read them. Broadly speaking, it seems that the majority of people reading them take them the same way as me.

So, who is right? The majority, or you*?

*Why do I have the feeling that your answer will be that it's you? And, if that's the case, then why do I (we?) bother? Maybe because some people have told me that 'in real life', you aren't actually the way you come across on the forum. I'm increasingly disbelieving that.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

*Why do I have the feeling that your answer will be that it's you? And, if that's the case, then why do I (we?) bother? Maybe because some people have told me that 'in real life', you aren't actually the way you come across on the forum. I'm increasingly disbelieving that.

Yeah it's me. Of course im right

Yeah I think im meeting too many forumites and the nice real life woodfaces reputation is becoming bigger than the dark forum woodfaces. Awww

Yeah it's me. Of course im right

Yeah I think im meeting too many forumites and the nice real life woodfaces reputation is becoming bigger than the dark forum woodfaces. Awww
    Fcuk me i am getting bored again lets play.

XXX XXX DTS

Blog Entries

blimey yet again, i do some work in the big smoke this morning and i come back and ive missed another "Dallas" type incident on our great forum.

for what its worth, ive met woodface and he is a little gem. He doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. He is a little gem. Why on earth he is so disliked or not respected or picked on or insulted is beyond me.

Stokie, you can try and calm these things down, i have tried many a time but it doesn't work. Its best to sit back put some popcorn on and see where it goes when things like this happen.

DTS - your a naughty boy and Franclksldiuoai or whatever his name is....is right.

I want my mum.
    XXX XXX DTS

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    for what its worth, ive met woodface and he is a little gem. He doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. He is a little gem. Why on earth he is so disliked or not respected or picked on or insulted is beyond me.
    Because of what he says and/or how he says it on the forum. It really is that simple....

Thread Information