Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
Not sure if's it's cricket to quote oneself.

I have changed my vote. ...

In hindsight with my comment on musical over serous dance. I have been dying to see "Burn the Floor" ...
You are not alone in arguing with yourself, or in thinking of "Burn the Floor". In my case I was arguing with "We do not go an art gallery to see the winner." I realised the "winners" were those on show.

Inspired by BTF we could have an evening Champs Show for the rehearsed categories. Everyone selected to appear could have a trophy in a category e.g. "Showcase winner", "Cabaret Winner" or any other that be thought worthy. We would have multiple winners for a category. Rehearsed DT or Airsteps could be possible additional categories.

No more judges trying to decide if Guernica was a better painting than the Mona Lisa, or whether sculpture is better than a painting. The judges decision becomes which "acts" are most worthy of appearing in the show.

This would, IMO, be going the right way for "made for TV".

Because the basis of this show would be rehearsed act, a mixture of preselection and audition could be applied to enterants. We could have pre-entry by video as one way in, with probably yes and probably no as pre-assesments. This would greatly reduce the time pressure on the day. All entrants have to audition on the day, and those that looked as good, or as bad, as their video, could be accepted or rejected after as little time as 30 secs.

This show format could co-exist with the finals of the more rigorusly defined formats, such as CerocX.