Thread: Going without a mobile phone/TV/ and internet for a week can it be done ?

Going without a mobile phone/TV/ and internet for a week can it be done ?

Next week im going to a place that has no TVs no internet connection and im told no mobile net work connectivity (im leaving the mobile home anyway)

Not sure how one ‘survives’ ,has anyone gone so long with aboves ‘essential items’

I know what Scott of the Antarctic must have felt like now

Re: Going without a mobile phone/TV/ and internet for a week can it be done ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post

Next week im going to a place that has no TVs no internet connection and im told no mobile net work connectivity (im leaving the mobile home anyway)

Not sure how one ‘survives’ ,has anyone gone so long with aboves ‘essential items’

Sounds like heaven to me. No interruptions & a break from the forum is very cleansing.

If it was me, I would take a few books to read, some knitting and a few recipe books so I could do some cooking and bake a few cakes. (I'm so rock and roll its frightening. This is not good for my image)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Sounds like heaven to me. No interruptions & a break from the forum is very cleansing.

If it was me, I would take a few books to read, some knitting and a few recipe books so I could do some cooking and bake a few cakes. (I'm so rock and roll its frightening. This is not good for my image)
    you, knitting is that so you can use the needles to gauge out your eyes after 24 hours without your forum....

I had two weeks in Skyros without all of the above last year... it's called a holiday. There was occasional mobile reception, but I didn't bother with it much. What are you doing in this place? Working? Holiday? Dancing?

Commercial Operator

When we go on holiday we have at 1 or 2 weeks without all of these essentials. It's one of the things I love. It gives you a chance to do all the things we used to do before technology took over our lives.

I wouldn't want to be without any of these things on a permanent basis. The other day I lost my Internet connection for 5 hours and I was lost. Sad I know, but true.

Just enjoy the break

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    you, knitting is that so you can use the needles to gauge out your eyes after 24 hours without your forum....
    Sh1t, I forgot you were on here.

I'll have you know, I have gone a whole 2 weeks without posting before.

Amazing what you can get done when Franzxqk bans you

a place that has no TVs no internet connection and I'm told no mobile net work connectivity

Two options,

a very very very long network cable.. plugged in back home

or Macgyver up a rudimentary satellite dish using a transistor radio and a vegetable steamer rack and piggy back your signal on satellite TV signal

or do what I would do in such a situation.. .. ..

Cry

edit.. actually, I've NEVER not been able to surf the web and check emails SOMEHOW. Where there's a will (and a geek) there's a way !

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post

Two options,

a very very very long network cable.. plugged in back home

or Macgyver up a rudimentary satellite dish using a transistor radio and a vegetable steamer rack and piggy back your signal on satellite TV signal

or do what I would do in such a situation.. .. ..

Cry

edit.. actually, I've NEVER not been able to surf the web and check emails SOMEHOW. Where there's a will (and a geek) there's a way !
    hmm, just as well you're not going to visit your parents then... I hate to think what that would look like on the top of their house!

Addict...

Blog Entries

Well, I didn't have a TV until yesterday (still not mine, but it's in the house I'm staying in) and I still don't feel the urge to watch it.
    Went to away last year without my mobile, it was lovely to not get any calls.
    Internet... well, it depends whether your busy or not. If I had nothing to do and no internet I might go a little stir crazy.

Don't forget the budgie and the fluffy slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Don't forget the budgie and the fluffy slippers.
    Oh the irony. Gav...tell BS about my slippers.

Blog Entries

Oh the irony. Gav...tell BS about my slippers.
    I'll keep it quiet. We wouldn't want to shatter anyone's illusions about how classy and sophisticated you are, would we?

Thread Information