Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scotland the Blaze, May 07: The aftermath

Thumbs up Re: Scotland the Blaze, May 07: The aftermath

what an excellent experience - the first & definitely not the last for me.

My thoughts on the good points echo all that's been said already. Ace workshops - Amir's were on top - he is a true professional & managed to enthuse a large number of couples very well and at the right pace.

Showcases - awesome

Best music by far was from Sheepman & Tiggerbabe on Sunday nite & this just fuelled some incredible dancing - the whole room just hypnotically lapsed into a trance & danced like no one was watching - I'm really glad I stayed to the end.

thanks to all the leads for pitching the dancing levels just right & making it all so memorable.... you know who you are....

It was great to welcome so many from outwith Scotland to this event especially all the Belfast crowd & hope that the Scots who didn't make it now realise what they have missed out on !!

A thousand thanks to Sheena & Franck for all the hard graft in putting this together. Just so sorry that you both couldn't have had more time to chill out & enjoy the dancing - rest assured we all did.
    Roll on Blaze II

Re: Scotland the Blaze, May 07: The aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post

I thought perhaps it was a secret forum signal I wasn't yet privy to, you know pass 1000 posts and be inducted into the mysteries of the forum; learn the coded greetings and be known as a true forum believer; say your name and flash your underwear I'm just worried what else she might decide to flash me on our next meeting
    She once flashed her other underwear to me, the first time I met her at SP...

Well, really it has all been said.

Excellent work shops (the ones I made it to ) - About the use of the Lindy framework for some of the classes: These classes were clearly marked as advanced (which made me wonder if I was going to be up to it). I think anyone who considers they should be in an advanced class should be able to do two walks and a triple step (Jivecat, your rant is reasonable ) I ended up leaving a class after it couldn't move at a reasonable pace to keep my interest. This was not the fault of the teachers. I do however agree that giving teachers from other dance disciplines more ceroc information before they arrive could only be a good thing.

My highlights of the weekend:
    Buying new shoes that I could slide in
    Partnering Marc at the beginning of his class
    Sunday afternoon in the Boudoir - fab sets from ZW, Caro and Ducasi
    Sunday afternoon after the Boudoir - I was taught (was that you CrazyArms?) to backward bodyroll Not a pretty sight given that several glasses of wine were involved
    Fab dances thoughout the weekend
    Fab cooking on Sunday by Princess Fi
    Lemon cake by Lemoncake
    Bar dance with Dazzler (when it comes to me or a pint, he has his priorities right )
    Dave Hancock "double troubling" with Dizzy and an ice cream cone

Big, big thanks to Franck and Sheena for a superb weekend Definitely going to Blaze II.
    Last edited by Freudian Hips; 15th-May-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    She once flashed her other underwear to me, the first time I met her at SP...
    You know, she did mention something later about being lucky it wasn't her thong she'd decided to flash...I'm getting increasingly worried about going to SP now

You know, she did mention something later about being lucky it wasn't her thong she'd decided to flash...I'm getting increasingly worried about going to SP now
    Just think how Charlie felt the first time he met her

Well having heard that story I must confess a certain regret that when Lory introduced me to ZW at the weekend she was perfectly audible and I understood right away

Overall I had a great weekend. Just got back home and it's late, so more detailed comments later.

Oops oops oops...meant to say a huge thank you to Franck & Sheena for organising Blaze, and thank you Sheena for the best dance of the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    :
    Dave Hancock "double troubling" with Dizzy and an ice cream cone
    Yeah
    I even got to meet the ice-cream cone several times!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Yellow Fish View Post

That 'dance' really was something special. Bet we made everybody else reeeeeally jealous! Just cos we are fab!

Jealous??? Nah!!!! ... I was just pervin!!!!

Smile Re: Scotland the Blaze, May 07: The aftermath

Think my dances shoes are definately broken in now. Or maybe thats my feet.

The last night of dancing was really great.
    I was fairly sad that it had to end. Still for my first weekender it left a really good impression. (Now looking at what else I'm missing weekender wise.)

I am just really glad I don't have any blisters to show for all the dancing i did.

Does anyone know who did the song Simon and Nicole danced to?

Who's up for Blaze 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    Sunday afternoon after the Boudoir - I was taught (was that you CrazyArms?) to backward bodyroll Not a pretty sight given that several glasses of wine were involved
    Yes I think that was me. If i remember correctly the lethargy and headaches kicked in just before Finding Nemo started!! Or was it just as we got carbon monoxide poisoning from you overly enthusiastic fire.

Great to meet you and thank you for your fine hospitality!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Yellow Fish View Post
    Who's a violent little monkey then... Thank you for defending me and looking after me all weekend. I really wanted to go home on friday and thought my whole weekend was going to be ruined, but you , Sheepman and Dazzler looked after me and I had a fantastic time. Thank you and thank you for letting me share your caravan too

That 'dance' really was something special. Bet we made everybody else reeeeeally jealous! Just cos we are fab!
    My pleasure. But will anyone believe me if I say I hate violence??
    Must say I was quite relieved when I managed to find Trampy to send him to your rescue, but by the time he got there, the incident was over, and everyone was gone....

Finding out about Little Monkey's protective (and violent) streak Can you be my surrogate dance mummy too

Of course I'll be your surrogate dance mummy. As long as I don't have to hit people too often..... It upsets me! But hopefully I won't have to in future, as my reputation of being a Violent Little Monkey will have spread far and wide, and people will run away as soon as they see me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman View Post
    The Boudoir dancing went very well. I managed to DJ for the first time without feeling nervous, and I even danced and DJ-ed . Thanks to everyone for dancing and extra big thank you to Little Monkey and Sheepy for being so supportive and rounding everyone up.
    My pleasure! You played a cracking set, and I had some of my best dances of the weekend during that time!

Quote Originally Posted by ZW
    The laughs - For me the funniest thing of the whole weekend (that is repeatable) was when Lory introduced me to Firefly who I was sitting next to. I said ‘Hi I’m Zebra Woman’…..silence…the music was loud so I repeated myself . ‘I’m Zebra Woman’, but this time as I said it I lifted my top a couple of inches slightly so that my zebra print bra could be seen through the chiffon. Firefly looked shocked and was completely dumbstruck. LM and Lory colapsed in hysterics. That’s when I realised I had just flashed my bra to a complete stranger!
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo funny! The look on Firefly's face was priceless! I laughed so hard it's a miracle I didn't have an accident...
    Last edited by ducasi; 16th-May-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: fixing quote

Highlights para mi:

The Tango and Jango workshops. Thanks Amir, you've inspired me.

The Hi-jacking the connection workshop. Thanks Franck.

The dancing in the Cyclone Room on Friday night.

Strip the Willow. Oh yes. Centripetal force Scottish style.

The Charleston Workshop. Thanks Carla and Ben. Though some of us were producing a cross between the Canadian barn dance and Russian cossack dancing by the end of it.

Sunday night in the Thunderball Room. Good tunes. Some very connected dancing. Thank you to all whom I danced with, particularly nearer the end. Apologies to Jamie for daring to try and block you as you entered one of your hexadexaquadruple spins. Feel free to block my hexadexaquadruple spins far too late anytime you want .

Blaze 2. Oh yes.

Highlights postscript:

Braving one of the hot dogs with Crazy Arms (if you are who I think you are)

And thanks as well to Wuzzle for kicking me out of bed each morning. He is mean, people. Give the man an army uniform. I'm going to steal your stash of Sprite 3G at the next weekender if you keep it up.

Talking Re: Scotland the Blaze, May 07: The aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak Lad View Post
    Highlights postscript:

Braving one of the hot dogs with Crazy Arms (if you are who I think you are)

And thanks as well to Wuzzle for kicking me out of bed each morning. He is mean, people. Give the man an army uniform. I'm going to steal your stash of Sprite 3G at the next weekender if you keep it up.
    Well if i werent going to making you get up how were you going to get in time for the workshops.. Next time i'll use my sonic grenade to wake you up. Muhahahaha..... or maybe i'll just use a bit of cold water... don't wish to wake everyone in our block.

Someone had a hotdog and lived ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzle View Post
    Does anyone know who did the song Simon and Nicole danced to?
    Two songs, in fact - both by the lovely (but not as lovely as Nicole) Christina Aguilera.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

are the escape mugs dishwasher safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzle View Post

Someone had a hotdog and lived ?
    Hell Yeah!! Although Spartak Lad had some issues with the baguette.... I think it was fossilised .

The hotdog was almost Michelin Star Standard... Haven really pushed the boat out too for our snack and allowed us 2 different sauces!! YES TWO!!

I survived a hot dog! Infact someone asked me to dance half way thru my hot dog, she obviously wanted to save me from it!

Someone had a nibble of my hot dog while I wasn't looking!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information