Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Prince has Arrived....!

Re: Free Prince Album!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    SAYS IT ALL REALLY CANT GIVE AWAY HIS EERRRRR MUSIC
    high heeled, purple wearing, sounds like a girl,
    This coming from an El Divo fan.

Re: My Prince has Arrived....!

My beloved Gav has bought a couple of tickets for the Prince concert in August

41 days to go

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    My beloved Gav has bought a couple of tickets for the Prince concert in August

41 days to go
    Great! I know you'll enjoy that.

Have you ever met him? A girl I knew in switzerland played table tennis with him once - she worked in a hotel and he couldn't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by jiveknight View Post
    A girl I knew in switzerland played table tennis with him once - she worked in a hotel and he couldn't sleep.
    Did he stand on a small wooden box? Prince is very much like David Bowie, in as much as most people like some of his stuff, but there are very few people who like alll of it. Avid fans excepted of course.

I'm sure if he ever saw DT in his audience he would abandon everything and marry her Silly boy, needs to pay more attention to his audience.

BTW: Isn't he a Jehovah's Witness now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I'm sure if he ever saw DT in his audience he would abandon everything and marry her
    Oops, I seem to have lost those tickets...

I'm sure if he ever saw DT in his audience he would abandon everything and marry her Silly boy, needs to pay more attention to his audience.
    That's exactly what I used to think when i went to see him on concert when I was young and fit. "Please notice me...I'll love you forever and make you look tall"

BTW: Isn't he a Jehovah's Witness now?
    Yes. I'll forgive him anything though

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Oops, I seem to have lost those tickets...
    Don't worry dear. I'd crawl over you to get to him, but I'd let you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jiveknight View Post
    Have you ever met him?
    No. I'd like to be mates with him...take him out for a curry and have a laugh, take the plss out of him for his 'Graffiti Bridge' era.

Blog Entries

Do you fancy coming to see Prince, Stokie?
    I don't mind if he marries you.

He had his first gig last night...!

I have read 4 reviews so far and they all say he is brilliant. The critic in the Evening Standard said he would happily go to all 21 dates...! I know how he feels and I haven't even been yet.

I saw a few pics too....he's just so gorgeous and unique, I love the little purple bones of him.

29 days to go

Blog Entries

I didn't realise this before, but apparently he's said this is these are the last times he'll ever perform his hits in England!
    Maybe we scare him?

Here's a little clip form last nights concert. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait......!

I love this version...

Lets go crazy....!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Why oh Why does he let the public get up on stage with him? You can't see it in this clip, but another woman tried to get pregnant by him on stage last night. It's not like he can fight them off.....!

Last edited by Double Trouble; 2nd-August-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Finally, the day has arrived. Tonight I get to see my beloved Prince at O2.

I'm sooooooo excited. If you are interested, I'll tell all tomorrow.

Hasn't anyone else on the forum been to see him yet?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

He done a song I think was called seven? Can't find it anywhere. Was on an ablum called Gold?

Any Ideas?

Nope, but some colleagues have. One enjoyed it, one hated it. Apparently the support act can't sing for toffee.

Hope you have fun - and if you run out of knickers before he agrees to marry you, see you at Slinky's tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    He done a song I think was called seven? Can't find it anywhere. Was on an ablum called Gold?

Any Ideas?
    That is an amazing track. I think it's on an album with the symbol as the title. I've got it if you want it Lee.

Just got back from the Prince concert. What can I say, the man is a genius.

The O2 Centre

If you haven't visited it yet, or recently, it's changed quite a bit. It's full of restaurants, bars and a cinema. It has a sort of al fresco feel to it, even though it's inside. It's nice, I liked it.

Our seats

I wasn't expecting too much. I knew the venue was huge and was expecting to be quite far back, but I couldn't have been more wrong. His stage was in the centre of the arena and we had excellent seats, only about 30 yards back and raised so we could see everything.

Support

The support act was Mutya Buena (formally of the Sugar Babes). Gav's eye's lit up when she came on...he likes her. She was really good. She had a great backing band and a strong soulful voice.

Prince

He did an amazing hour and quarter set. I've seen Prince in concert 10 times now, over the years and he just gets better and better. He still looks exactly the same as he did when I saw him the first time 19 years ago. He's not quite as energetic as he used to be, but he is nearly 50. Still doing his thing though and played lots of his chart hits as well as some more obscure early stuff, which I seemed to be the only person singing along to and a few cover versions.

The encores

I read a review by Lenny Henry that Prince does no fewer than 3 encores at this show, so I knew what to expect. After the second encore, lots of the audience started to leave. I saw that they were putting Princes Keyboard back on the stage and just couldn't miss out on an opportunity. I jumped over the barrier and scarpered towards the stage area, I can't believe i managed to get passed the security as I was literally 10 feet away from the keyboard that he was about to do another set on.

Next came one of the most amazing experiences of my life (call me sad, I don't care...I've adored Prince for nearly 20 years and to be this close to him was like a dream come true)

I spent the next ten minutes standing 10 feet away from my idol, while he sang and played piano right there in front of me. I'll never forget it, it was amazing. It was all I could do to stop myself from crying.

I'm going to try and go again, as there are a few more dates coming up, but i think it might be an anti climax as you just can't get better than the experience I had tonight.

If you get the chance and you can get hold of some tickets, please, please go and see him. It really will be the best concert you have ever seen. Even my boss went to see him last week and he can't stand Prince. He sent me a text after he went and said "One word.....BRILLIANT".

Right...I'll stop rambling now...I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you, but I'm on such a high, I just had to tell you all about it.

PRINCE...I LOVE YOU

I remember a DJ playing Prince's "Kiss" all night - just that one track when it was first released - and it worked!

Are the O2/Dome accoustics ok?

Oh, and you didn't do your dare ha ha! He might have noticed from 10 feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Are the O2/Dome accoustics ok?
    Probably the worst I've ever heard, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Oh, and you didn't do your dare ha ha! He might have noticed from 10 feet away.
    I didn't see your dare until I got back, otherwise I might have been tempted.

One thing I did notice about seeing him close up, is that he really does look about 20 years younger than he is. I thought the pictures of him might have been airbrushed to death & that he would look haggard and old in real life, but he doesn't. He's just gorgeous, sexy & perfect.

Blog Entries

Well, I still like Mutya Beuna's voice and music, but the extra pork pies and tattoos haven't done her image much good.
    She did a great warm up set though.

Prince was awesome. He really puts on a great show for everyone as opposed to just being a good singer/musician.

After the second encore, when a lot of people started leaving, I help DT to jump the barrier into the stage-side area, turned to pick up our stuff and she was gone! I only made it to about 20 feet away, but it was worth it.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Thread Information