Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men are smarter than women. Discuss.

Men are smarter than women. Discuss.

Here

is your proof.

I wonder, if I had been walking past, would I have heard the soft sound of people going "baa-aa-a" as it drifted into the London sky...

Re: Men are smarter than women. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I wonder, if I had been walking past, would I have heard the soft sound of people going "baa-aa-a" as it drifted into the London sky...
    Have a day off with you Barry. Do you honestly believe us girls think we would look good in anything Kate Moss would wear.

Those women buying that tat and thinking they look good in it, give the rest of us sane females a bad name.

Her clothes are like her taste in men. Bloody awful.

****ing hell, something in the Daily Mail that I actually agree with

Quote Originally Posted by article
    The huge swell of disappointment outside the store has, I hope, hastened the end of a fashion era driven purely by hype and the cult of celebrity, an era when we do what we are told, hand over our credit cards and are happy to look the same as everyone else, be it Madonna (her range at H&M was hideous) or, God forbid, Victoria Beckham.

Women need to learn to trust their own tastes, to forge their own style and, perhaps, to think about investing in something they really love rather than spending money on something they have been told they should love.
    In our dreams

Unfortunately, unless you are prepared to spend a LOT of money, women's clothes are universally cheap ***** badly finished, one-size-fits-nobody. I'm a size 18 in H&M but my size 14s from New Look (equally cheap and nasty) are falling off me. How does that work then? Cheap ***** with over-inflated prices is just beneath my contempt. I stick to "basics" i.e. the stuff that's stashed at the back of the shop because it's not interesting enough to flaunt - which are at least cheap ***** with prices that better reflect the quality. The clothes don't last 5 minutes either - if I find something I like that actually halfway fits I'm quite likely to buy four so I don't have to be arsed with shopping again too soon.

Yeah, OK, so men's suits - if you buy anything halfway decent - are also £200+. But at least you can get away with wearing the same one without people making snidey remarks - my ex-husband had three suits in two years and just rotated them (er, they were obv. drycleaned in that time!). Catch a woman getting away with wearing the same three outfits for three years without someone making a negative comment. Not happening.

The whole hysteria around the Kate Moss collection - and not so long ago, the Madonna one as well (in a shop that I fail to recall because I don't care enough) makes me want to puke. It makes me almost ashamed to be a woman and extremely pissed off that it gives an excuse for snidey remarks like the title of this thread.

Don't tar us all with the same brush please.
    Last edited by LMC; 2nd-May-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: ytpo

hmmm....... I don't think mass hysteria about nothing is a characteristic found only in women

What was the male:female ratio in the queues for the Wii (or whatever it's called )?

Football ..... need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    What was the male:female ratio in the queues for the Wii (or whatever it's called )?
    Yeah but Wii's are well cool.. end of

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Yeah but Wii's are well cool.. end of
    Have you played 100 pin bowling Jamie?

hmmm....... I don't think mass hysteria about nothing is a characteristic found only in women

The thing that is causing this insanity is the name 'kate moss'.

How many men do you know who buy OK, Hello, Heat and any of the related infantile magazines? How many men do you know who worry about what Prince Harry is wearing, or can even name a male model?

It's the mass hysteria (appropriate word, for once...?) aspect that is so markedly silly. These women were all being masterfully manipulated - by men, probably - into becoming crazed, undiscriminating purchasing machines. Sounds from the article as if there'll be a lot of the stuff appearing on e-Bay...

How many men do you know who buy OK, Hello, Heat and any of the related infantile magazines? How many men do you know who worry about what Prince Harry is wearing, or can even name a male model?

It's the mass hysteria (appropriate word, for once...?) aspect that is so markedly silly. These women were all being masterfully manipulated - by men, probably - into becoming crazed, undiscriminating purchasing machines. Sounds from the article as if there'll be a lot of the stuff appearing on e-Bay...

I think all of us have different ways and levels of joining in group hysteria - several people I know certainly think the average MJ weekender sounds like mass hysteria

I (like you, I asume) do not share the same social desires and aspirations as those who camped out for the (not) Kate Moss clothes. But I don't think we can safely deduce from that that men are smarter than women. Do you?
    Last edited by Freudian Hips; 2nd-May-2007 at 07:33 PM.

You appear to have misunderstood, wilfully or otherwise, the points that Freudian Hips has made. Perhaps you should re-read what she said and think about it with an unbiased mind this time.

What was the male:female ratio in the queues for the Wii (or whatever it's called )
    Perhaps the Wii was worth the hype. Did anyone with half a brain think that a Kate Moss label was going to actually worth buying?

Not that women have a monopoly of lack of brain...
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Perhaps the Wii was worth the hype. Did anyone with half a brain think that a Kate Moss label was going to actually worth buying?

Not that women have a monopoly of lack of brain...

Several people with half a brain thought it was worth buying ..... their sex is irrelevant

PS just had a really good dance evening being controlled by manipulative men

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    You appear to have misunderstood, wilfully or otherwise, the points that Freudian Hips has made. Perhaps you should re-read what she said and think about it with an unbiased mind this time.
    Me? Biased? Gosh, ya think?

P'raps you could help me with the points she made. Would you number them, so I can keep them straight?

lessee...Wii - see, I can't help but think that people who bought one will get hours of pleasure from it, it's from a reputable manufacturer and featured at least one real technical advance, and I bet 99% of the people who bought one will feel they got real value for money...er, football - most people pay to enjoy an afternoon with their friends watching what is often a superlative display of sporting skill and prowess...kate moss clothes - hysteria brought on by some kind of mystique wrongly attributed to someone (who puts her trousers on one leg at a time like the rest of us) who freely admits she had eff all to do with the clothing other than accept disgusting amounts of money to allow her name to be embroidered on the label and then women camp out for hours to be allowed into a shop where they shell out silly amounts of money for tacky clothing which they regret almost as soon as they are outside, thus getting almost no value for their money at all, probably less...

...no, I can't do it for myself; help me out here.
    Last edited by Barry Shnikov; 3rd-May-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

..... well cool ......
    Just this side of a bit chilly I guess.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

essee...Wii - see, I can't help but think that people who bought one will get hours of pleasure from it, it's from a reputable manufacturer and featured at least one real technical advance, and I bet 99% of the people who bought one will feel they got real value for money...
    People get pleasure from different things. I'm sure that there are plenty of people (mainly women i'm sure) that would get far more pleasure out of buying and wearing a gorgeous outfit than sitting swinging round a controller looking like they are having an epileptic fit!
    (My kids say they aren't impressed with it)

er, football - most people pay to enjoy an afternoon with their friends watching what is often a superlative display of sporting skill and prowess.
    Does this include the fighting, loud shouting, singing as they take over the streets on their exit from the grounds? I really don't get how football turns men (mainly) into brainless Neanderthals. It's 22 men kicking a round bit of leather around.

..kate moss clothes - hysteria brought on by some kind of mystique wrongly attributed to someone (who puts her trousers on one leg at a time like the rest of us) who freely admits she had eff all to do with the clothing other than accept disgusting amounts of money to allow her name to be embroidered on the label and then women camp out for hours to be allowed into a shop where they shell out silly amounts of money for tacky clothing which they regret almost as soon as they are outside, thus getting almost no value for their money at all, probably less...
    I'm sure some of the women were happy, after all the press are renowned for only reporting the negatives. I admit that i'm not swayed by 'names' when it comes to my clothing choices, but if some people like the status of wearing something with a 'name' and it makes them feel good, what's the problem? I personally would rather spend £450 (or whatever) on a new wardrobe (as in the clothing, not the wooden cupboard) than a Playstation3! That's the one that i'd get most pleasure from, we are all different! (Thank God)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    People get pleasure from different things. I'm sure that there are plenty of people (mainly women i'm sure) that would get far more pleasure out of buying and wearing a gorgeous outfit than sitting swinging round a controller looking like they are having an epileptic fit!
    (My kids say they aren't impressed with it)

Does this include the fighting, loud shouting, singing as they take over the streets on their exit from the grounds? I really don't get how football turns men (mainly) into brainless Neanderthals. It's 22 men kicking a round bit of leather around.

I'm sure some of the women were happy, after all the press are renowned for only reporting the negatives. I admit that i'm not swayed by 'names' when it comes to my clothing choices, but if some people like the status of wearing something with a 'name' and it makes them feel good, what's the problem? I personally would rather spend £450 (or whatever) on a new wardrobe (as in the clothing, not the wooden cupboard) than a Playstation3! That's the one that i'd get most pleasure from, we are all different! (Thank God)
    Maybe Ceroc should've got in there and offered them an alternative?

I don't have the time for a wii, the interest for watching football or the inclination to buy designer clothes. I'm far too busy dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Maybe Ceroc should've got in there and offered them an alternative?

I don't have the time for a wii, the interest for watching football or the inclination to buy designer clothes. I'm far too busy dancing.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    or the inclination to buy designer clothes. I'm far too busy dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    So i noticed.

My daughter has this to say about the thread title...

Girls go to college to get more knowledge
    Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I admit that i'm not swayed by 'names' when it comes to my clothing choices, but if some people like the status of wearing something with a 'name' and it makes them feel good, what's the problem?
    I'm positively turned off by names such as Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham! I don't for one second think if I wear 'their' clothes, I'm going to either look like them or fool anyone else into thinking I look like them.

If i was a long tall skinny thing (I wish) then maybe I'd feel differently but I know for sure before i even look at whats on offer, what looks good on them, certainly wont look good on me, so why would I bother trying to wear the same clothes, even if they made them in a bigger size

Everyone has good and bad points about their bodies and I think its important to recognise the things and work to accentuate the good points. Unfortunately this means not always following the latest trends to the letter but developing your own style instead.

On a side note, it always amazes me, why some girls squeeze themselves into jeans that are way too small for them, producing a huge roll of fat hanging over the top Am I the only one who thinks this is unattractive?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

So i noticed.
    Oi..! I buy his clothes these days.

Thread Information