Thread: Thailand

Thailand

Anyone been to Thailand or one of the Islands and could recommend a fairly quite romantic setting for a couple with perhaps the odd day trip ??

All the net shows are all idyllic islands in greats settings, maybe too much choice, many look ideal, but what’s the catch ?

Last time went out that way was Malaysia in 1984 but sure its changed a bit since then

Re: Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Anyone been to Thailand or one of the Islands and could recommend a fairly quite romantic setting for a couple with perhaps the odd day trip ??

All the net shows are all idyllic islands in greats settings, maybe too much choice, many look ideal, but what’s the catch ?

Last time went out that way was Malaysia in 1984 but sure its changed a bit since then

These are some of the places I list below for you which are only a few of the variety of places I went to visit whilst I was travelling all over for a few month's in Thailand, and at the time were one of my favourite places there.
    If your looking for the beach Island kinda thing....these Islands are on the east southern side (ie no boats...well were not any when I went) Koh Lanta, Koh Tai, Koh Samui.
    For blinding turquiose sea colour and pure white as flour sands,- Koh Phi Phi (but when I went last time in 2003 it was quite built up..... banks, postoffice, shops, beach-huts & full of tourist and had too many boats which is a shame, as the first time I went in 1995 it was the most stunning beautiful and amazing place I saw with my eyes, there were no boats, a few beach huts + only three bars on the beach).
    On the other hand if you are looking for peace and quiet and exotic beautiful mountain & jungle scenary, there are a couple of places I can give you, but will have to look into my travel folder for the names and come back to you.
    Or on the other hand if your looking for a more exclusive holiday there is "Hat yai" you can take her to a very classy health resort, but is very expensive.

You are in for a wonderful treat. Although the last time I was there a big wavy thingy, put the damper on things a bit

Only one tip - Avoid long journeys by mini bus

Stay in a one area or if you need to move, from north to south - fly

Oh wow....Thailand is fabulous! I went last year but as I like 'frenetic' places with lots going on I went to Bangkok and Pattaya, I can't really recommend them as 'romantic' settings. Fabulous place though - gorgeous food, great weather, excellent shopping, fab beaches! Can't wait to go back. I understand Koh Samui and Krabi would be good choices for honeymoon type holiday.

The Perfect Woman!

I went to Chiva som four years ago. Its a spa hotel in Hua Hin which in itself is a tacky resort 3 hours south of Bangkok, but the hotel is fabulous. I have never felt so pampered in my whole life..... there is a big focus on health and wellbeing but done in such a holistic way it is wonderful, and romantic and so relaxing. Day trips were available but we didn't do any.

Have also been to Phuket, which was nice, and the beaches were certainly nicer and less tacky in the bit we were in, but not in the same league although the hotel (the Banyan Tree) supposedly was. The attention to detail and service was less personal.

However if you want islands and romance, nothing beats the Maldives. Been there 3 times and will go and go again until either they are covered by the rising waters of global warming, or my carbon footprint tax becomes unaffordable !!! The Hilton Rangali has been my favourite so far...

Thread Information