View Poll Results: How were you hurt dancing?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have been hurt as a result of an aerial

16 31.37%
  • I have been seriously hurt as a result of an aerial

8 15.69%
  • I have been hurt by my dancing partner(elbowed/trodden on, etc)

29 56.86%
  • I have been seriously hurt by my dancing partner(off work/broken bones, etc)

10 19.61%
  • I have been hurt by another couple (elbowed/trodden on, etc)

33 64.71%
  • I have been seriously hurt by another couple (off work/broken bones, etc)

1 1.96%
  • I have hurt another person whilst dancing

31 60.78%
  • I have seriously hurt another person whilst dancing

1 1.96%
  • I have never been hurt dancing (touch wood)

4 7.84%
  • I only came for the free cake.... where is it?

10 19.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scar Wars (Murder on the Dance Floor)

The Forum Legend

Re: Scar Wars (Murder on the Dance Floor)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
    Then a man joined in and the numbers were even. So, the teacher stopped moving us round. Not so great.
    Yeah. That's really weird. I've never seen that happen before, even in classes with balanced numbers. Maybe the teacher thought that he/she was doing everyone a favour, keeping them with the same partner. But I just can't imagine it at all. Was he/she new to teaching?

How I wish I hadn't been quite so polite and had walked off the dance floor. It's my favourite venue but now, I have to arrive late and miss the beginners lesson in case I get him again. Luckily, he never does the intermediate lesson and I can avoid him in freestyle.

I shall never forgive that teacher.

Daisy

(A Polite but Damaged Little FLower).
    I find some of this post strange, if you hadn't have just stared at him, and said quietly and politely 'your a bit ruff for me, not so hard' and if he did it again, said 'still to ruff' still no change then walk off. Personally I think you would have been all right, it might not have gone that far most people aren't mind readers and you giving him the evil eye, well he properly just thought you were a miserable cow!

as to never forgiving the teacher ... .......no ........back to the deck chair.

I can't vote as there is none applicable. I rarely do aerials. Though I occasionally get hurt by ladies leading themselves into a dip/drop without me leading it. They just decide to fall backwards without me knowing or being prepared. In my attempt to save them I have hurt my back.

On one occasion I hurt my back from a dip that it hurt for about 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Hips View Post
    So far the most painful thing that has happened to me was getting someone's high heel caught in the space between my arch and my sandal. Doesn't sound much but I have never had a big bruise on the underside of my foot before! And the usual stillettos on the toe nails, on the metawhatsits, ankles etc etc. Ban high heels - that's what I say
    I also had someone's stilletto inside my trainer, which scaped my heal, which bled.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Had whiplash from my partner. Have had a couple of major foot injuries (people standing on them) resulting in having to see a physiotherapist and a podiatrist.
    A woman wearing large flat heals kicked me about 6 inches above my ankle. That bled too through socks and trousers. I still have both scars. (leg and heal) The odd thing is that I find my male partners are blissfully unaware when I'm kicked or knocked. Is this common?[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman View Post

Been trodden on so hard by women's stilletos that I have lost two toe nails, one of them has never quite recovered.
    I nearly lost my toenail, but my chiropodist managed to save it even though the nail was vertically split down the middle. It is a smaller size than it was though. It too was stood on, but not at a dance.[/quote]

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I can't vote as there is none applicable. I rarely do aerials. Though I occasionally get hurt by ladies leading themselves into a dip/drop without me leading it. They just decide to fall backwards without me knowing or being prepared. In my attempt to save them I have hurt my back.

On one occasion I hurt my back from a dip that it hurt for about 3 weeks.
    Not maybe "I have been hurt by my dancing partner(elbowed/trodden on, etc)" then?

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I find some of this post strange, if you hadn't have just stared at him, and said quietly and politely 'your a bit ruff for me, not so hard' and if he did it again, said 'still to ruff' still no change then walk off. Personally I think you would have been all right, it might not have gone that far most people aren't mind readers and you giving him the evil eye, well he properly just thought you were a miserable cow!

as to never forgiving the teacher ... .......no ........back to the deck chair.

You misunderstand me. I did ask the man several times not to be quite so forceful as I had an old injury. He ignored me. I was too polite to cause a fuss and walk away as I was hoping the teacher would save me by moving us on.

As a last resort, I was staring manically at the teacher hoping to catch his eye. He didn't notice, perhaps I should have shouted at the top of my voice "please can we move on?". However, that would have been rude to my partner.

Daisy

(A Terribly Polite Little FLower)

(A

I was too polite to cause a fuss and walk away
    Sometimes self-preservation must take precedence over politeness.

You misunderstand me. I did ask the man several times not to be quite so forceful as I had an old injury. He ignored me. I was too polite to cause a fuss and walk away as I was hoping the teacher would save me by moving us on.
    It's easy for me to say, but I think I would have said something like "I'm really sorry, but this move is hurting my shoulder(*) and it's getting worse and worse. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go and sit down."

(*) or other appropriate body part...

I don't think any reasonable person would take offense, so if they do, then they're not someone you're going to want to dance with in future anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    It's just minor stuff for me. Hopefully it will stay that way. I managed to tread on poor Zebra Woman's foot (hoof?) at Chill whilst she was dancing with someone else (1,000 appologies again ).

I got a trodden on with a high heel at the J11 club, and couldn't put weight on my foot properly for the rest of the night I also caught an elbow in the corner of my eye from a lady at Wolverhampton (during an intermediate class) - man that hurt Put on a brave face though... what a tough little soldier I am
    Blimy Youv'e been in the wars mate!

Whilst at Rock Bottoms I was advised by a lady that she had actually been taught to finger grip ratherr than Ballroom Grip into a drop!

After prising her nails out of the inside of my fingers,

I showed her how I had been taught to lead into a ballroom grip. She said the teacher (a Guy working for an independent) never taught the ballroom grip at all. She said that she would do it that way from now on but god knows haw many leaders she and her felow students had stuck thanks to that teacher!!

That said she is a superb dancer and is ideal fodder for Aerials. ( Hmm no better not go there eh !)

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    I think I would have said something like "I'm really sorry, but this move is hurting my shoulder(*) and it's getting worse and worse. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go and sit down."
    An excellent solution. Will definitely use it if ever I dance with another man who won't listen.

Daisy

(An Appreciative Little FLower)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Not maybe "I have been hurt by my dancing partner(elbowed/trodden on, etc)" then?
    Tis what I thought up until it implies along the line of elbowing, treading on and so forth.

Thread Information