• Edinburgh Saturday Party

1 1.82%
  • Ashtons - Friday

6 10.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weekend April 27-29th

Re: Weekend April 27-29th

Utopia Great night! OXO's set was just With one of the very best DJs running the decks you are usually in for a great night, and OXO's didn't disappoint.

I had lots of wonderful dances, I managed to somehow get five dances with ElaineB Thanks babe, and thank you so much for the pointers about the lead's arm position during multiple spins

I did pull the Stokie Slide on a few follows, and it seemed to be met with delight (I even managed to get a squeal from Yuko ). I hope the floor at Nottingham is slidey tonight

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I hope the floor at Nottingham is slidey tonight
    where did I put them block's

Ashtons was great last night. The thing about Ashtons is that you never know quite what to expect.

Yesterday, there was just the right number of dancers, so it was easy to play without having to spend most of your attention on avoiding other couples.

Lovely dances with Lory, Foxy Lady and a host of non forumites.

Good music from Ian, the Berkhamsted DJ (is Ian Latin Lover?).

Just about recovered in time for Hammersmith this evening (which reminds me that I must ring the council to find out whether it's true that the whole town hall is to be demolished next year).

Had a lovely day in the Garden got sunburned. Becci has major brownie points for doing the shopping without maxing out the cash card !!

Now just leaving for Hammersmith Looking forward to another good night Im on a roll !!Someboidy stop me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have Camare will be Papping ......Woosh Im goine!! (oops who rememers that CB Lingo ? Showing my age now!!!! )

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spin dryer View Post
    Good music from Ian, the Berkhamsted DJ (is Ian Latin Lover?).
    No, that would be the lovely Neil. Although the name would rather suit Ian.

A good Utopia last night. About the right number of people, a good dose of forumites and lots of keen locals.

OXO's music is still a bit fast for my liking, but it's getting better each time

Phil and Yuko are brill of course. Their lesson was interesting and pretty challenging. Unfortunately they didn't have time to teach the final part of their routine, which looked very stylish It's also a shame it was hard to hear Yuko.

Can this winning formula be repeated without offering discounts?

The Perfect Woman!

Hammersmith was fun tonight. Probably quite not as much fun as ashtons, but it didn't have the jive aces, and Mas was playing the music . It wasn't empty but it wasn't crowded by hammersmith standards which IMHO was a very good thing... enough room to play, but enough people to play with !

Danced almost every dance, and discovered lots of new 'strangers' who were delicious ! and I'm not often in a stranger discovery mood, and its actually even rarer to find so many wonderful strangers in one night....

FL

(although I did get one 'refusal row' refusal - didn't let it daunt my stranger discovery quest though )

[quote=foxylady;366048]Hammersmith was fun tonight. Probably quite not as much fun as ashtons, but it didn't have the jive aces, and Mas was playing the music . It wasn't empty but it wasn't crowded by hammersmith standards which IMHO was a very good thing... enough room to play, but enough people to play with !

Danced almost every dance, and discovered lots of new 'strangers' who were delicious ! and I'm not often in a stranger discovery mood, and its actually even rarer to find so many wonderful strangers in one night....

FL

Just Back from Hammersmith after spending to much time yakin to Braders. I agree Hammersmith was a little light on numbers but I also agree it was good for playtime.

I also found some new talent. (dance Talent that is.!) Saing hi to Mel Bell Great dances (Will e mail Paps as promised enjoy the USA)and Laura also great dances and who I discovered is in the same profession as me! which is pretty scary!!

I have Paps to post from Ashtons and Hammersmith but may not get them done tonite TTFN

HI to the Fletcherettes! I hope you all behaved tonite or the boss will hear about it!

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Jive Aces. C''mon You Guys. I know you're good.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, the sound man had a bit of trouble at the start which always makes it really difficult on stage in an echo chamber - thanks to Tessalicious for helping to handle - but after that I enjoyed it.

Also got some nice dances. Good thing about Ashtons is it goes on late so i get to dance afterwards too (which is difficult at some other venues- i hate it when we finish the night and there's no more dancing).

Thanks for your views though.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post
    A good Utopia last night. About the right number of people, a good dose of forumites and lots of keen locals.

OXO's music is still a bit fast for my liking, but it's getting better each time

Phil and Yuko are brill of course. Their lesson was interesting and pretty challenging. Unfortunately they didn't have time to teach the final part of their routine, which looked very stylish It's also a shame it was hard to hear Yuko.

Can this winning formula be repeated without offering discounts?
    I take your point but if you noticed i took the tempo down at 11.15 for about 20 mins so some of the experienced dancers could play around with the slower tracks, i do really have to be careful with the slower music at the moment as i feel the majority of dancers there arent comfortable with the slower tempo, but it will be introduced, all i can say is its a patience game.
    I am speaking to quite alot of the dancers from the south to pop up to evesham now and again to dance with these people and to help give them the insight to the blues music feel.
    Thanks to the very kind feedback from utopia on friday,it was a very long set i played 4+ hours and was a good night and it certainly kept my conentration levels high which is what i like and makes me work

Had two good nights on the trot Hmmm difficult decision about tonight ??? will need to be good or the bubble will burst any ideas? ( A1 corridor)

Off into teh Garden now

Quote Originally Posted by OXO'S View Post
    I take your point but if you noticed i took the tempo down at 11.15 for about 20 mins so some of the experienced dancers could play around with the slower tracks, i do really have to be careful with the slower music at the moment as i feel the majority of dancers there arent comfortable with the slower tempo, but it will be introduced, all i can say is its a patience game.
    I am speaking to quite alot of the dancers from the south to pop up to evesham now and again to dance with these people and to help give them the insight to the blues music feel.
    Thanks to the very kind feedback from utopia on friday,it was a very long set i played 4+ hours and was a good night and it certainly kept my conentration levels high which is what i like and makes me work

OXO'S you played a blinder IMO your the best as reading the crowd, but as you know you aint gunna please all of the people all of the time

so as long as you please me you on to a winner

you must have been shatterd by the end, didn't see you take a loo brake let alone a dance, there are a lot of DJ's out there that could take a leaf out of your book, a true professional especially in the Midlands, there is no one localy that comes close

perhaps looking a car sharing for a crowd might work, as you know I usually fill my car when I go anywhere, if you let the lead name in on the VIP list that should help cover the cost of there fule to the venue, and the rest will cover the cost of the VIP as your getting more through the door, the othere's in the car get the opertunity to visit a differnt venue.

Had two good nights on the trot Hmmm difficult decision about tonight ??? will need to be good or the bubble will burst any ideas? ( A1 corridor)

Off into teh Garden now
    you could allways stop in

Forgot to memntion the Paps are up in the photo gallery for Ashtons and Hammersmith

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    you could allways stop in

only thinking of your health honey you carn't keep up with us young un's you aint as young as you used to be

Commercial Operator

[quote=Mac;366049]
    Quote Originally Posted by foxylady View Post

HI to the Fletcherettes! I hope you all behaved tonite or the boss will hear about it!
    The boss was with us so we had to be on our very best behaviour

We have had a fab weekend and will be on our way to the tea dance real soon. Lovely dances and yummy cake.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    only thinking of your health honey you carn't keep up with us young un's you aint as young as you used to be

Ha dont you beleive it!!
    Anyway we did stay in and its your fault FLETCH!
    You planted that idea in my mind and ...well the sun was shining and ....well ......it has been a very nice day. Then I remembered actually Ive had three great nights on the trot as I forgot about Snalbs on Thursday (Numpty)

+ thers an absolutely blinding week end lined up fpr next week so with that in mind I have decided that i have almost had my fill . but then on the other hand .......... Hmm next week end is still a long way off

Commercial Operator

Had a superb night at Pulse on Saturday.

I had some fab dances and it was really nice to dance with some 'new' people. Music made me smile too.

A huge thank you to the guy who 'Tango'd' me with infinite patience at the end - I'm so sorry for not being light on your feet...

My first time at Amir's afternoon T. Jive yesterday. Enjoyed it better than Hammersmith the night before - music was real music.

Thread Information