This story can be found here:

"It was only after the surgery that Carina Bladh learnt the full cost of her sex-change operation. For a few weeks after becoming a woman, Bladh happily drove her Audi car using her existing insurance policy while her new details were processed by the Swedish company Folksam. But when the new documents arrived, she was horrified to find a bill for an extra 1,200 kronor (£88) a year. As a middle-aged woman driver, she was now a higher insurance risk.

“It’s clearly discrimination,” Bladh told her local newspaper, the Linköpings Tidning. “It’s like you commit a parking offence and are fined 400 kronor, but now I have to pay 600 because I am a woman. I will take this to the very end — not for my sake but because I guess there are many out there who have been suffering.”

A spokesman for Folksam said that premiums were based on differently weighted customer groups, carefully assessed for risk. Insurance companies have an opt-out from strict EU laws on sex discrimination, even in equality-conscious Sweden. “She has moved from one group to another. In this case the effect has been negative. Had she been 25 the effect would have been positive,” the spokesman said."