Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why don't women ask men to dance ?

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Lou
    I think many dancers (of either gender) feel that to a certain extent. I know I do. The Tramp popped down to Bristol a couple of weeks ago & I worried he'd not have so much enjoyment dancing with me, as he dances so wonderfully with Laili, Lyn, Lesley, Jill, etc (we have some fantastic female dancers here). He's a sweetie, though, and said he'd had fun.
    :sorry :sorry

better late than never...

Fortunately I am not someone who has to dance to every track - 1 in 5 is good enough for me. 1 dance every 3 or 4 tracks would be an excellent night!
    Ah - ha!! Finally the secret to looking lovely all evening! - I did wonder how Lily did that! I, on the other hand, dance at least 4 out of every 5 tracks I think, probably more. (Greedy aren't I?!! ) And thus look and feel like a dishevelled heap in about half an hour. At least I won't feel so bad about that now I apparently have reason.

The number of people asking me has increased too since they have recognised me from competitions. But I danced at least as much before anyway because I'm one of those shameless hussies that will ask for a dance... (although I remember Mick telling me one night that I shouldn't beg... I was probably a bit nervous because I was asking such a good dancer)

And, to mention another point that was brought up earlier, I've seen lots more men asking men for a dance in London in the last year, usually the really good dancers. (Makes me jealous )

Commercial Operator

Re: better late than never...

Originally posted by Debster
    And, to mention another point that was brought up earlier, I've seen lots more men asking men for a dance in London in the last year, usually the really good dancers. (Makes me jealous )
    As I'm one of the men who occasionally dances with men I would like to explain myself and apologise. When Ben and I did the Milk Tray Boys thing as Blackpool last year it was a novelty and people thought it was funny. And this year when Steve, Rob and I did the Rugby double trouble at Blackpool it was still a novelty and still funny. The thrill was having everyone laugh - there's no magic moments dancing with another man

With so many men dancing together now it's not quite so funny and people are acutally looking at how good/bad we are. So we now need to get good a following. But if we're going to learn to follow it's much easier to be led by a man as, speaking for myself, I need quite a strong lead. I'm getting better at following and soon I will be good enough to dance with a woman again

All I've got to do now is wait for a woman to ask me to be her follower...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: better late than never...

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    All I've got to do now is wait for a woman to ask me to be her follower...
    Theres a thing...has anyone ever entered a competition with the lady leading and man following - im sure they have, ive just never noticed .

Re: Re: Re: better late than never...

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Theres a thing...has anyone ever entered a competition with the lady leading and man following - im sure they have, ive just never noticed .
    I'd love to see you do this at the Scottish champs, DS.

Grant

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Re: better late than never...

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Theres a thing...has anyone ever entered a competition with the lady leading and man following
    I had planned to do this last year (Bristol) as I was the one in the dress! But it was all last minute stuff, and not enough time to practice, (Andy is leagues ahead of me in following). I do seem to remember Rena being the one in charge in a DWAS comp (1997?), - and of course she won.

Greg

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Re: Re: better late than never...

Originally posted by Sheepman
    I had planned to do this last year (Bristol) as I was the one in the dress! But it was all last minute stuff, and not enough time to practice, (Andy is leagues ahead of me in following). I do seem to remember Rena being the one in charge in a DWAS comp (1997?), - and of course she won.
    Greg

I thought that with a name like Sheepman you would be a great follower Don't you find that dresses aren't even close to fitting our many figures. They're tight in some places and baggy in others. My answer is Lycra outfits - the only problem with them is that they make you look fat even when you actually have a perfect figure

And to show that I was there I remember that it was 1998 and Rena won the DWAS with Eric from Holland

Commercial Operator
    Did you mean "manly" figures? I suppose "many" might work too. Well it was a very short lycra-ish dress I was wearing, but maybe it showed off my best feature?

But don't you think it is unfair that the girls have so much more variety to choose from with their outfits?

And as far as me being good at following - only if there's a long line of guys doing the same thing!
    Greg

So in summary we have decided women don't ask men as

Many are cross dressers

Many have no friends

Many are too busy travelling to venues rather then actually being at the venue

Thread Information