Thread: Aylesbury Query

purplehyacinth

Aylesbury Query

This is a question from a random Scot who could do with a bit of help from you nice people south of the border.

I have a good pal who is - very sadly for the rest of us - leaving Scotland , and moving to Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. She does do non-ceroc forms of dance, BUT is interested in starting ceroc, if there is ceroc in Aylesbury, or within reasonable getting-to distance, and I said I'd try and find out for her.

I have been playing around with Google maps (well, had to locate Aylesbury), but haven't been able to work out which ceroc area Aylesbury falls into. Is it Ceroc Central or Ceroc Chilterns (or some other Ceroc area, and where do the boundaries lie anyway?)?

So, all you lovely people down south - can you help me, please? Where is/are the nearest ceroc class/classes to Aylesbury? If there is more than one class per week, which class/teacher comes with your recommendations? If not in Aylesbury but nearby, how do you get to them from Aylesbury? What are the good freestyles/workshops/weekenders in the area?

Grateful for any answers/help you can give.

Also information on other dance styles available in the Aylesbury area - if you know of any - would be gratefully received. Scottish Country Dancing and other folk dance forms included.

ps This is a genuine query on behalf of a friend - not one of these "friend but it's really me" ones. I'm staying put here in Scotland.

Re: Aylesbury Query

Hello PurpleHeather,
    We are near Aylesbury.
    It is Ceroc Chilterns, I'm pretty sure,
    Do you know this site?:
    Weekly Modern Jive Clubs
    There are Ceroc venues in Aylesbury, Berhamstead, Chesham, Great Missenden, and Oxford, Jive+ in Oxford & Aylesbury, and the Dance Cafe in Aylesbury.
    Hope this helps!

Mr Darcy and I live in Chesham which is about 1/2 hour from Aylesbury. We usually dance in Chesham and Berkhamstead (Ceroc Chilterns) but also turn up at Beaconsfield, Windsor, Ashtons quite often.

If your friend is going to try Ceroc down south let us know and we'll try to say hi

In addition to what's already mentioned, Ceroc Oxford is opening a new night at Bicester tonight (about 15-20mins north) Obviously haven't been myself yet as it's a new venue

Ceroc Central run classes in Buckingham (where I live -about 25 mins northeast of Aylesbury) & Milton Keynes (great night, bit further but recommended, with the lovely Marc Forster and Rachel teaching )

As for other dance styles, Oxford Uni let you turn up to their ballroom and latin classes and I'm sure they run classes in other dance styles. Jive+ do lindy as well in Aylesbury (taught by Andy Fleming). Jango (in conjunction with Ceroc Oxford) run a workshop/freestyle every other month

purplehyacinth

Hi all

Just a line to thank everyone who replied - and also the people who PM'd me. I have forwarded all your replies to my pal. I don't know yet whether/where she will go dancing. But at least she will now know what's on offer.

Once again folks - many thanks to you all

PH

Thread Information