Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commercial Operator

Re: Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    As well as the possible bias in "Social Events", I think readers might also want to know which posts in "Talk about Dance" are written by organisers and teachers and suchlike: people who presumably know what they are talking about.

How about "Dance Professional"?
    If you're a dance professional, I suggest you add this fact to your profile under "occupation".
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    I was actually thinking of Andy McGregor

You were the one to use the "P-word" :hurt innocent face smiley: - I deliberately *didn't* (although the double entendre was intentional )
    Of course, being male (ish) I'd be a gigolo. Although I don't think I'd get much repeat business

On the subject of taking money for doing what others do for love, I'm not aware of any teachers or organisers that don't charge. Although we all have venues that don't make a profit.

Speaking personally, I'm delighted that people want to pay me to do what I love doing

I've thought about this for a while and I think I can put a different spin on it. Any marketer will till you that you should sell the 'sizzle' not the 'sausage' - lots of campaigns, products and services do the opposite and fail because of it.

Here's an example: condoms. A lot of people don't use them because of what they are called and also because they are very clinical in nature, uncool etc. etc. French letter is no good either as the English hate the French... (Franck accepted of course). We all know that they are incredibly important in this day and age but they have just got an image problem. So why not call them 'Fun Bags' (or something...) because here's the deal. If you wear one, you don't have to worry about disease and pregnancy and also if it's a given that everyone wears one, there is no awkwardness or embarrassment about asking or insisting. On this basis each person can relax and just enjoy the experience and the intimacy (not withstanding the numbness etc.) So you relax and have FUN because the issues that concern you that are at the back of your mind are being dealt with. That's selling the sizzle - even though there is a nice link with sausages too....

Now, what is that 'Commercial Operators' do? Well they organize events where people get together in a social environment and have fun. Also, very few actually make any money so the commercial aspect is wrong anyway. The fun is evident at week nights, at freestyles and at weekenders where these events actually turn into big parties (well, they do if you are doing right..) So 'Commercial Operators' are actually 'Party Organizers' aren't they?

How about something down those lines? It still shows that they are involved in the business end but gives a more positive spin to the handle.

Commercial Operator

I've said it before, and I'll say it again..............We really do need a YAWN smiley on this forum

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again..............We really do need a YAWN smiley on this forum
    On account of there haven't been any posts on this thread since 19th April, you mean?
    Ahem. How about this one?

And this one's fun too...

Commercial Operator

:yawn:

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    On account of there haven't been any posts on this thread since 19th April, you mean?
    Ahem. How about this one?

And this one's fun too...
    I like this smiley.

I hope it does not refer to any of the postings in this thread. To quote Soren Kierkegaard "Once you label me, you negate me."

A label is so limiting, and if it is ugly or inaccurate, even more so.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    French letter is no good either as the English hate the French...
    theres no accounting for English taste though

Commercial Operator

Are there different kinds of Commercial Operator, governed by separate rules?
    Some Commercial operators can openly start a thread about their nights or concepts, and they don't get removed, whereas others are accused of blatant self promotion for doing the same thing and theur posts are removed almost immediately...

Some Commercial operators can openly start a thread about their nights or concepts, and they don't get removed, whereas others are accused of blatant self promotion for doing the same thing and theur posts are removed almost immediately...
    That's because some are T*ats who take the p*ss and some aren't... Go figure.. (Yawn)

Commercial Operator

That's because some are T*ats who take the p*ss and some aren't... Go figure.. (Yawn)
    I suspect from the tone of your reply, that you are suggesting that I am a T*at.
    Quite easy to throw insults from over 400 miles away. Another keyboard hardman it would seem. Tsk........

I suspect from the tone of your reply, that you are suggesting that I am a T*at.
    Quite easy to throw insults from over 400 miles away. Another keyboard hardman it would seem. Tsk........
    That's interesting. I wasn't actually referring to you... but if the T*at fits....

Commercial Operator

That's interesting. I wasn't actually referring to you... but if the T*at fits....
    Ooh...the master of quick wit and ready repartee strikes again.........I'm deeply wounded

Commercial Operator

I'm afraid that there are different kinds of commercial operator. There's the kind from Ceroc. They can say what they like on the Scottish Ceroc Forum. There's the kind who are not from Ceroc - in the world of commerce these non-Ceroc "operators" are called "competitors". I think it is a great credit to Franck that he continues to let us post at all and am not remotely surprised if I have a post removed if it promotes one of my events.

This does not mean I agree with Rocky. He's just looking for a fight. As DD is 400 miles away Rocky is welcome to pick a fight with me. Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp
    Who is partial to wearing womens clothing.

Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp
    I know he looks it, but I didn't realise Rocky was 50 already.....

This does not mean I agree with Rocky. He's just looking for a fight. As DD is 400 miles away Rocky is welcome to pick a fight with me. Just think how embarassing it will be for him to have his arse whipped by a 50 year old, short, balding wimp
    Handbags at dawn?

Commercial Operator

Handbags at dawn?
    Too early! I need natural light to do my make-up properly

Your choice* of weapon, but I'm suggesting dusk. I look my best in the half-light

* If I had the choice I would choose unarmed combat with us both stripped to the waist - but that's only because I'm down to thrash Gadget with my first choice weapon, the foil. We could go for the sabre if Rocky likes.

Too early! I need natural light to do my make-up properly

Your choice* of weapon, but I'm suggesting dusk. I look my best in the half-light

* If I had the choice I would choose unarmed combat with us both stripped to the waist - but that's only because I'm down to thrash Gadget with my first choice weapon, the foil. We could go for the sabre if Rocky likes.

I don't mind either way - I'm just glad you didn't specify the 'Pork Sword' as your weapon of choice..

Thread Information