0 0%
  • don't care

3 9.68%
  • who's Rocky?

9 29.03%
  • click click

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox...)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Huh? It's a simple question...

Is the forum a better place with Rocky?
    • Yes –> The forum is a better place with Rocky taking part in it.
    • No –> The forum isn't a better place (but might not be a worse place) with Rocky taking part in it.

Of course it's a silly question – it was a joke.
    indeed - I understand but Im not sure everyone else does

Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

I agree

If you vote NO - I assume that means you are happy for Rocky to be a good an active part of the forum

OR if you vote YES does that mean the opposite
    Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Huh? It's a simple question...

Is the forum a better place with Rocky?
    • Yes –> The forum is a better place with Rocky taking part in it.
    • No –> The forum isn't a better place (but might not be a worse place) with Rocky taking part in it.
    well I wish I could change my vote

(where's the withdraw vote option when you need it)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    (where's the withdraw vote option when you need it)
    Right here!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS View Post
    By the the way I INSISTED on a thread all about me ages ago so if you want to find it and write a few comments I would appreciate it. Write somethjing provocative Really let your self go. Fame is about remembering my name Your contribution will not be overlooked
    It's here - I'd forgotten how disturbing some of the posts were

Good luck topping the imagery in post 15!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Waaaay more popular than Adolf Hitler with 2 'Yes' votes now. Rocky and Val have you voted yet ?
    You see that's the problem of childishly putting someone on your 'ignore' list, you can't fully participate in the debate and are asking questions that have already been answered - this makes you look like a right spatula

Worse, is then to ask a question which you know you will not see the answer to and to participate in a thread about someone who's on your ignore list - who, by definition, will be posting in large lunch box like proportions.

In fact I propose to rename the ignore list to the Wuss List in honour of those Wusses that can't stomach a bit of animated debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I must admit that my reading of Rocky's posts has lessened him in my eyes. I used to hold him in high regard but his style of posting is doing him no justice.

Keep this up Rocky, you're starting to make me look good - and I've chosen to post in a particular "style" that is unlike my true persona. It's all a personal challenge, this staying in character
    I'm assuming that as your usual forum 'style' is more than a tad ironic, that this post is actually saying the opposite of how it reads.

Cheeky Bugger! I'm ap professional writer google Me Diana Shore The Open University you'll see my papers. My editor corrects the spelling I work just with pure creative input!
    Blimey... he must take a massive cut of any royalties if he charges by the word and for the addition of punctuation... I make that about £5 just in that one sentence!

So whats your book to be called then

Rocky's adventures in Wonderland?
    ???
    It's a 'self help' book entitled 'How to win friends and influence people'.... it's a weighty tome. Most of the research and application of the principles has been carried out by partcipating in public forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    It's a 'self help' book entitled 'How to win friends and influence people'.... it's a weighty tome. Most of the research and application of the principles has been carried out by partcipating in public forums
    like flies to wanton boys are we to the gods they kill us for their sport..
    I would be interested in co-authoring the first chapter Reverse alphabetical order for authors and 70-30 split royalties

How to win to win friends and influence people

An offline edition for online debate
    Shore and Rocky

We could have a group picture of the forumites with a well known psychcoanalyst and follow it up with guest appearances on daytime TV

Outline below Ya interested?
    Chapter 1:
    Forming norming storming and performing
    How this well known series of group dynamics can be shortcutted by SWAS or brief encounters in an online forum.

Paragraph 1 Diana's story:
    We never met but the dynamics were powerful. The forum rocked from day to day Posts came in thick and strong Some thing strange but powerful was happening in Ceroc ville and there was nothing we could do about about it...

Paragraph 2 Rocky to write..
    Paragraph 3 working it out online...

How to win to win friends and influence people - a modern fable
    An offline edition for online debate
    Rocky and Shore

Chapter 1:
    We never met but the dynamics were powerful. The forum rocked from day to day, posts came in thick and strong: Something strange but powerful was happening in Ceroc ville and there was nothing we could do about it...
    Chapter 2:
    Like Alice in Wonderland, grotesque cartoons and caricatures manifesting all of humanities quirks and foibles thrusted and parried. A rabbit scattered hither and thither,'I'm late, I'm late...' he crowed... but deep inside the machine, evil was lurking. The five pointed star of James rose like a beacon, 'We must make an offering' the crowd chanted and a Smurf was burnt on the alter of self pity. But that was not enough.. somewhere in the distance a violin played and two people locked in an eternal embrace danced with faltering steps...

Smile Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

Chapter 2:
    Like Alice in Wonderland, grotesque cartoons and caricatures manifesting all of humanities quirks and foibles thrusted and parried. A rabbit scattered hither and thither,'I'm late, I'm late...' he crowed... but deep inside the machine, evil was lurking. The five pointed star of James rose like a beacon, 'We must make an offering' the crowd chanted and a Smurf was burnt on the alter of self pity. But that was not enough.. somewhere in the distance a violin played and two people locked in an eternal embrace danced with faltering steps...
    The dancers of ceroc vile were mesmerised by the vision they saw before them. Disgusted to the core they strained to take their eyes from the images, and break the evil spell. They chanted as one "No more, no more." But the magic of ceroc vile had penetrated even the air they breathed, and they cries of "MORE, more!" were heard for miles around...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

The dancers of ceroc vile were mesmerised by the vision they saw before them. Disgusted to the core they strained to take their eyes from the images, and break the evil spell. They chanted as one "No more, no more." But the magic of ceroc vile had penetrated even the air they breathed, and they cries of "MORE, more!" were heard for miles around...
    oh dear ... Jeffrey Archer will steal your ideas for his next book

Chapter 1:
    We never met but the dynamics were powerful. The forum rocked from day to day, posts came in thick and strong: something strange but powerful was happening in Cerocville and there was nothing we could do about about it...
    Chapter 2:
    Chapter 3:
    The dancers of Cerocville were mesmerised by the vision they saw before them. Disgusted to the core they strained to take their eyes from the images, and break the evil spell. They chanted as one "No more, no more." But the magic of Cerocville had penetrated even the air they breathed, and their cries of "MORE, more!" were heard for miles around...
    Chapter 4:
    In the distance Dorothy heard the commotion and hobbled to her door. The stigmata in her foot had grown worse and now it resembled an axe wound... 'I must make the pilgrimage to the Orange city', she announced and packed her bag to make a weekend of it. She was accustomed to talking to herself as people had given up listening to her rantings many years ago - even her dog Tango, had become voluntarily deaf and was also mute because of the exertions she had placed on his little raspy tongue...

She followed the M road, the vibrant blue road from the village - a Stuffolk munchkin waved her off, all 12 fingers shining in the afternoon sun. It was a difficult journey as Tango could only move sideways so she had to gently guide him with the occasional kick in the chocolate box. On her way she happened across Frunco, a sad scruffy man with no brain, no heart and no courage... She did not take kindly to him charging for his company but at least it was someone she could talk at during the long journey ahead.

Suddenly a snoot of monkeys rounded the corner ahead of them. As they mischievously edged towards them they muttered under their breath - it was a strange incantation.. 'It's sounds like Jam', said Dorothy. And she was right, the monkeys were suffering from Jam Addiction. 'But I have no jam!' she squealed. She was momentarily flummoxed and then she had an idea.. as fast as you could say 'step back and give yourselves a MASSIVE round of applause, she grabbed Frunco's plums and tossed them.

Frunco smiled, the monkeys were sated, and although Dorothy's little white gloves were covered in plum juice she was content that disaster had been averted. They continued on their journey... but they had no idea of what awaited them as they moved on down, moved on down the road...
    Last edited by Rocky; 15th-April-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Commercial Operator

The dancers of ceroc vile were mesmerised
    wow! Diana....all those dancers doing that vile Ceroc dance thing......

Blog Entries

im completely lost and bored.

Perhaps i should read it again... hang on.....

Nope, still bored. (Yawn)

Thread Information