0 0%
  • don't care

3 9.68%
  • who's Rocky?

9 29.03%
  • click click

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox...)

Re: A thread for Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm of course very flattered that I'm the last thing you think about before going to bed. Is 'cocoa' the pet name for your 'rabbit' ?
    No to be honest I was digging the garden yesterday making a bed to lay some slabs for my bins and put the spade throught the instep of my foot. As you can see its inflamed slightly this morning
    I soaked it in the foot bath cleaned out the mud and put a plaster on it before continuing with my task. Just a scratch but bled like anything
    In the night my foot ached and ached Eventually I got up to have some cocoa read some email and contribute to the forum.

Sorry to disappoint

May not be able to dance much this weekend either Dammn
    Last edited by DianaS; 17th-July-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

This from a woman who's avatar says 'Biatch'

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Rocky with regards to your last post when you mention how great it is that more people say no.........
    'I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)'

Again, I think some of you are missing the point. The whole point about being subversive on a forum is that one detracts from the majority. This adds alternative view points and shakes things up a little.

The other way to iterpret this is as 'I do want to belong to a club that won't accept me as a member' because by being a member of that club you can expose some people for what they are..

this is my thoughts..... Banter is one thing, downright rudeness is another. have you been unreasonably rude, probably yes or if you have not, it has not been taken that way. Most forumites, me included, all like a little bit of banter and fun but sometimes things can go a little too far and it can be seen as offensive..........
    Most forumites stay out of it and PM somebody to ignore it or well done and some do not. ..
    ?????

Its not getting under peoples skins, its unacceptable behaviour shown by insulting another member or causing them distress. These actions leave bad tastes in people mouths and should be avoided at all costs.

Simple really.
    Actually I think you will find that I am generally only 'rude' to people if they have a go at me first or if they post a ridicolous comment. This thread, for example has been constructed so that people can have a go at me and voice their displeasure.. hardly 'friendly' is it? But do you hear me moaning or whinging about it? No, because I'm always happy to laugh at myself and don't take other people's comments, or myself too seriously.

Simple really...

By the way isn't your sister big enough to look after herself?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS View Post
    No to be honest I was digging the garden yesterday making a bed to lay some slabs for my bins and put the spade throught the instep of my foot. As you can see its inflamed slightly this morning
    I soaked it in the foot bath cleaned out the mud and put a plaster on it before continuing with my task. Just a scratch but bled like anything
    In the night my foot ached and ached Eventually I got up to have some cocoa read some email and contribute to the forum.

Sorry to disappoint

May not be able to dance much this weekend either Dammn
    I am actually genuinely sorry to hear that - and I know how it feels. Last Thursday the builders merchants managed to drop a 4.2m lump of wood on my head! Worse, I was actually looking up at the time it came down so it hit me in the forehead... The black eyes are at last disappearing but you can all have a laugh at the delightful scab (no, not me... the wound) at UTOPIA tonight.

And before anyone else says it.. yes, that probably does explain alot and... no, it didn't knock any sense into me.

I am actually genuinely sorry to hear that - and I know how it feels. Last Thursday the builders merchants managed to drop a 4.2m lump of wood on my head! Worse, I was actually looking up at the time it came down so it hit me in the forehead... The black eyes are at last disappearing but you can all have a laugh at the delightful scab (no, not me... the wound) at UTOPIA tonight.

And before anyone else says it.. yes, that probably does explain alot and... no, it didn't knock any sense into me.
    hmm know what you mean and can I ask did they laugh? And was that joke theirs?
    My son had a laugh when he saw it this morning and said with a bit of luck I'd get lock jaw
    Last edited by DianaS; 13th-April-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

This from a woman who's avatar says 'Biatch'

Actually I think you will find that I am generally only 'rude' to people if they have a go at me first or if they post a ridicolous comment. This thread, for example has been constructed so that people can have a go at me and voice their displeasure.. hardly 'friendly' is it? But do you hear me moaning or whinging about it? No, because I'm always happy to laugh at myself and don't take other people's comments, or myself too seriously.

Simple really...

By the way isn't your sister big enough to look after herself?
    Rocky, you seem to think this is directed at you personally which it is not. its directed at your comments. I have not said you were rude, i have not had a go at you i have just voiced my opinion on rudeness.

With regards my avatar, im nicknamed Biatch as im the boss at work and have to make harsh decisions sometimes but i always give out those decisions in a polite and considerate way. It has nothing to do with me being rude or offensive to anybody. Banter yes, rude no.

So you carry on being happy go lucky and dont take yourself too seriously. I'll no doubt see you tonight (well you will be the one with a great big scab on his head) and perhaps you will grace me with a dance as i hear your the dogs bollo5x - i think they were referring to your dancing anyway.

hmm know what you mean and can I ask did they laugh? And was that joke theirs?
    My son had a laugh when he saw it this morning and said with a bit of luck I'd get lock jaw
    No, they didn't laugh as I think they understand the implications of what they they have done... of course I had to pick SF up off the floor when he saw me in full panda mode a few days ago...

So you carry on being happy go lucky and dont take yourself too seriously. I'll no doubt see you tonight (well you will be the one with a great big scab on his head) and perhaps you will grace me with a dance as i hear your the dogs bollo5x - i think they were referring to your dancing anyway.
    No probs, as you say I'll be easy to spot! Please grab me when you see me off the decks, I don't have much time in between sets and am normally dashing about and dancing with as many people as I can (whilst trying to catch the odd crafty ciggy - don't tell Val...)

For your info I keep my DB's in my lunch box...

Smile Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

This thread, for example has been constructed so that people can have a go at me and voice their displeasure.. hardly 'friendly' is it?:
    Actually I disagree
    The thread was started cas you were dominating a thread that someone set up for other purposes. I felt that tensions between you two were possibly a problem.

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/c...tml#post361292

I set up a neutral scenario where the annoying but stunning DJ and the Macho gun-ho Rocky meet. The rest is up to the punters
    You wanted it renamed it was - and I added a poll
    it had to happen. Excellent, better than day time television!

Always the most vocal get their views heard and if the views are of the miniority it distorts the overall picture. An anonymous vote lets every one have their say without having to say any more. But the comments are always worth reading

At the end of the day I don't give a damn, I'm on holiday for a week finishing my decorating and getting some jobs done and its wonderful displacement activity.

If you read my biog you would see I'm a story teller, I can't help being mischeivious, it's what I do best
    By the the way I INSISTED on a thread all about me ages ago so if you want to find it and write a few comments I would appreciate it. Write somethjing provocative Really let your self go. Fame is about remembering my name Your contribution will not be overlooked

If you read my biog you would see I'm a story teller, I can't help being mischeivious, it's what I do best
    By the the way I INSISTED on a thread all about me ages ago so if you want to find it and write a few comments I would appreciate it. Write somethjing provocative Really let your self go. Fame is about remembering my name Your contribution will not be overlooked
    So you like to write in your spare time? That's something we have in common as I'm half way through my first book - I too am a chocoholic. So I guess the major difference is that I like to use a spell checker occasionally...

Cool Re: Is the forum a better place with Rocky? (Apparently a legend in his own lunchbox.

So you like to write in your spare time? That's something we have in common as I'm half way through my first book - I too am a chocoholic. So I guess the major difference is that I like to use a spell checker occasionally...
    Cheeky Bugger! I'm ap professional writer google Me Diana Shore The Open University you'll see my papers. My editor corrects the spelling I work just with pure creative input!

So whats your book to be called then

Rocky's adventures in Wonderland?
    ???

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Waaaay more popular than Adolf Hitler with 2 'Yes' votes now. Rocky and Val have you voted yet ?

yep its three in the morning just finished my cocoa and its all quiet at the ranch.
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/c...tml#post361231
    The story so far
    Rocky is annoyed cas even when the annoying but stunning DJ is away sychophanitc drivvellers write letters in protest, and what did he ever do for Britain?

Rocky wants to play and like the lad he is, he's turned up guns blazing and out to impress.

With the girls he pulls their pigtails, with the lads he gives them a quick push. It's his way of making friends The appropriate thing to do (girl or boy) is to grab his tie, twist it around you wrist and get him in a head lock. He'll be your friend for life, slap you on the back and call you a muccka.
    I swear we went to the same school
    Nether Stowe - Rings a bell?

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/c...tml#post361269

Rocky Likes DJ and wants to be friends. Unfortunately the tension between them is getting too much for fellow forumites who are of a mild disposition and rumours are starting to circulate, http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/c...tml#post361019

There is only one thing to do to save the reputations of these two testoterone laden [...to be continued. Next post please]
    ahhhhhhhhh, instead of a load of links, is it poss to quote.... This post is so confusing.... was going to join in BUT ahh ,man just tell me...

So whats your book to be called then ???
    Nah more like 'Rocky & The Fox'

Rocky - 'So what are we gonna do today Foxy'
    The Fox - 'The same thing we do everyday Rocky, take over the world'

Any relation between this and a cartoon series called Pinky and The Brain is purely coincidental.

One's a genius, the others insane

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Nah more like 'Rocky & The Fox'

>gratuitous snip<

Yeah, but which is which?

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    But which is which? Maybe it's "the other's insane"... indicating plural... which means Val could be the genius and the other's are SF and Rocky?

Commercial Operator

I must admit that my reading of Rocky's posts has lessened him in my eyes. I used to hold him in high regard but his style of posting is doing him no justice.

Keep this up Rocky, you're starting to make me look good - and I've chosen to post in a particular "style" that is unlike my true persona. It's all a personal challenge, this staying in character

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ahhhhhhhhh, instead of a load of links, is it poss to quote.... This post is so confusing.... was going to join in BUT ahh ,man just tell me...

I agree

If you vote NO - I assume that means you are happy for Rocky to be a good an active part of the forum

OR if you vote YES does that mean the opposite

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I took "Is this forum a better place with Rocky?" to mean: could the forum do without Rocky- and as the forum will carry on regardless of whoever leaves, the only sensible vote is no. It is a silly question though

Huh? It's a simple question...

Is the forum a better place with Rocky?
    • Yes –> The forum is a better place with Rocky taking part in it.
    • No –> The forum isn't a better place (but might not be a worse place) with Rocky taking part in it.

Of course it's a silly question – it was a joke.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information