View Poll Results: Are you happy with the moderation levels.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy as it is.

15 34.09%
  • It's over-moderated.

21 47.73%
  • It's under-moderated

7 15.91%
  • Don't particularly care.

6 13.64%
  • I want to be a moderator too!

1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Moderation levels.

Re: Moderation levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Admit it, you fancy me, don't fight it
    >counts on fingers< - you're number 7 on my list. Only 'cos I'm hoping you'll gimme your sparkly red shirt when you're bored with it.

Would now be a good time to talk about shoes?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    >counts on fingers< - you're number 7 on my list. Only 'cos I'm hoping you'll gimme your sparkly red shirt when you're bored with it.

I"m yours. A woman who talks about sparkly shirts and shoes is my kind of girl

Shopping?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post

He's 7 ? Where am I ? Lower than an ageing conservative councillor in a dress...I really really hope not.....

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    This thread is about moderation levels. It is not about how clever, or othewise, Caro is. It is not an opportunity for Stray to show that he is not quite as clever as Caro. It is not even an opportunity to debate the democratic process.
    etc
    Yeah - I do have this small problem with staying on-topic - my brain seems to like going off at tangents. That aside....

Thing is - I feel you're extrapolating a bit too much from the poll results, and the reason for that is quite simply that the poll doesn't really go into very much detail. No disrespect meant to you over that, because I only realise this from the debate that follows the poll (and likely wouldn't have thought of it if I'd been posting the poll myself) - but the detail's really in the wrong place - there's far more options for the people who don't think that the forum's over-moderated (or don't care) than for the ones who do.

So you're making guesses at the severity of the issue, and which aspects of moderation the 'yes' contingent are concerned about - when in fact, even if someone's voted that the forum is currently overmoderated, we still don't know:

Which aspect(s) of moderation they think is (are) overdone - thread splitting? Crackdown on swearing? Infractions? Do they want to get rid of moderation altogether?
    How annoying do people find it? A little bit? Enough to quit the forum for? Are they considering that? Do they really know anyone who has definitely quit for that reason? Or are they guessing that that's a reason people leave? Example: on that score, you say one thing, Ducasi says another - but neither of you has stated it as anything but an opinion. Myself - I find Ducasi's argument more persuasive, but that, again, is just an opinion.

Utlimately, there isn't enough information to form any hard-and-fast conclusions about what course of action is 'best'.

This thread is about that very topic, to criticise me on this thread for staying on-topic is therefore wrong.
    I don't feel you're being criticised for staying on topic. I think the criticism, such as it is, is more for extrapolating conclusions from insufficient data, gathered from a fairly small collection of forum members.

Hmmm. Being on-topic for this long is taxing my brain. I'd better relax a bit and get back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Thing is - I feel you're extrapolating a bit too much from the poll results
    So you're making guesses at the severity of the issue...
    Utlimately, there isn't enough information to form any hard-and-fast conclusions about what course of action is 'best'.

I don't feel you're being criticised for staying on topic. I think the criticism, such as it is, is more for extrapolating conclusions from insufficient data, gathered from a fairly small collection of forum members.
    big to all that... and as far as criticism is concerned, mine also comes from the fact that you seem to constantly refer to how the new level in moderation affect you and how you don't like it, with little consideration for what might be best for this forum overall - apart from the fact that you are stating that talented dancers have left because of it, which as I have already explained, I think is plain wrong.

Also if you look at the poll you'll notice that with the notable exception of Stray, all 'commercial operators' have voted 'over-moderated' - in fact they are making almost 50% of that contingent (and exactly 50% if you include SF).
    Now I am not saying that their opinion has less value than other members of this forum, but there is a good chance a good number of them feel that way because they cannot freely advertise their event anymore (or not as much as they might have used to). I know it's a fine line and some of their posts might have been moderated eventhough they didn't intend to advertise, but still I think this is playing a substancial part.

I believe that it is significant that such a high proportion of responders state that they think this Forum is over moderated. I also believe that it sends a strong message to the moderators.
    For the reasons explained above, I think it doesn't send a strong message at all, and then I believe it actually says that overall most people (commercial operators excluded) are happy or don't really care about the level of moderation that is taking place.

This thread is about moderation levels. It is not about how clever, or othewise, Caro is.
    and yet that would make such an interesting subject

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    He's 7 ? Where am I ? Lower than an ageing conservative councillor in a dress...I really really hope not.....
    Surprisingly, I've only ever worn a dress on one occasion. And that was a nurse's uniform. I find that a top and skirt suit my measurements much better as I can mix and match the sizes.

We are all ageing, surprisingly, at the same rate

And I've not been a Conservative councillor for over 3 years - I'd like to say it was because I came to my senses. However, the real reason was lack of time. Once I've got a fully trained team of teachers, have given up my day job and lost some weight I will start again.

Thread Information