Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help in smiling please!

Re: Help in smiling please!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Smiling at your partner is a confidence boost for them. This should tell them you are enjoying it. Dancing with Stewart 38 is a challenge, trying to make him crack those lines on his face is quite difficult but easily done when you know what to do
    Dont squeeze so hard next time, i walked with a limp for 2 weeks !

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

Have you gone back to your Jack Dee face Stew, as I remember on the holiday you had a lovely smile, and was charming to the ladies, and FUN.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    Have you gone back to your Jack Dee face Stew, as I remember on the holiday you had a lovely smile, and was charming to the ladies, and FUN.

Hey you havent sat on my lap for ages so you must have forgotten surely how much FUN it can be down there

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Hey you havent sat on my lap for ages so you must have forgotten surely how much FUN it can be down there
    Well you have to wait till next Dec, hav you booked? I have.

Bizarrely enough i tend to have the opposite problem. Dancing is one of the few times when I don't have to remember to smile, it just happens naturally. It's when I'm not dancing that I occasionally get comments that I look serious and need to smile more!

Anyway, in terms of advice for you, I think this all boils down to eye contact and connection with your partner. Smiling alone is not what you are after - smiling into space is not going to get you very far. So, I think you should focus on engaging in more frequent eye contact with your partner, and you will tend to find that smiling will happen naturally as a result.

Another tip is to think during the dance about how much you are enjoying the dance and this happy thought should encourage you to break into a smile

Best of luck on Sunday! I'm sure you'll make a fantastic teacher

Quote Originally Posted by ALexyMiss View Post
    Bizarrely enough i tend to have the opposite problem. Dancing is one of the few times when I don't have to remember to smile, it just happens naturally. It's when I'm not dancing that I occasionally get comments that I look serious and need to smile more!

Anyway, in terms of advice for you, I think this all boils down to eye contact and connection with your partner. Smiling alone is not what you are after - smiling into space is not going to get you very far. So, I think you should focus on engaging in more frequent eye contact with your partner, and you will tend to find that smiling will happen naturally as a result.

Another tip is to think during the dance about how much you are enjoying the dance and this happy thought should encourage you to break into a smile

Best of luck on Sunday! I'm sure you'll make a fantastic teacher

no

did you take a photo

Well you have to wait till next Dec, hav you booked? I have.

guess what shhhhhhhhhhh

I'M COMING

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I'M COMING
    Oh my! Well Fletch it's always {Good Taste Filter: inanely puerile schoolboy joke removed} once in a while!

Are you really coming?if so we'll have a fun time,look forward to seeing you there, with my cocktail to toast you

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    If you look at your partner they inevitably will smile at you, therefore prompting you to smile back at them.

Cruella, I think you've hit the nail right on the head........ there's nothing worse than someone looking all around the room except at their partner and putting on a false grin

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I'M COMING
    Is that how loud you normally are then?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    OK. I must have been dancing for at least - four years before I even started smiling. 6 years after that and I still do not smile much of the time.

What many women don't appreciate is how hard we men have to work in order to ensure they get a first-class dancing experience. Anticipating the music, pre-selecting moves, working out what moves will lead to being on the right beat for the selected move in three bars time (all while making sure the current move goes off perfectly), making sure the lady doesn't drift too far during her turns and spins, keeping your hands out of the way of fast-and-unpredictably moving breasts, buttocks and crotches, ensuring that she doesn't get bumped by any of the lazy gits who are dancing in the immediate vicinity and so busy gurning at their partners that they have no idea whether they are dancing in this room or the next...

My recommendation? If you get a complaint about smiling, give a broad grin, crack a joke, wait for 12 beats and go back to concentrating on dancing. After a while, you'll get good enough to do all the above and remember to smile three of four times a song, which is about where I am...
    you make it sound so technical, I rarely think about the moves when I dance I just pick some random move and hope it works 9/10 it doesn't but at least I gave it a shot.

I just let the music surround me and the only thing that matters is where I am dancing, (room on the floor) my partner and the beat and the rest just comes the me even a smile. I smile cause I love to dance and I love music and I like to see the surprise in a partners face when you do a move completely cack handed and it works out fine

Thread Information