Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oops! That didn't work...(frivolous)

Re: Oops! That didn't work...(frivolous)

Interesting factoid.

Take a (knowledgeable) PC user, and introduce a Mac user. The Mac user criticises Windows/Microsoft. The PC user will probably agree; Windows is a pain, there are security problems, it can be slow, the Registry system is a stone nightmare, the computer gets clogged with crap. Microsoft's technical directors should be slowly roasted over a fire.

Take a Mac user, and introduce a PC user. The PC user criticises the Mac/Apple.

The Mac user becomes apoplectic. Macs are incredible, no-one knows how immeasurably superior they are to PCs with Windoze, Apple are the company that saved the planet, blah blah.

Funny, idnit?

Smaller groups of inferior beings always have a problem admitting their shortcomings.

...I am looking forward to mac bringing out their new laptops that support windows. I will get one because they look prettier than the rest.

Anyway, back to the original question - Are these pictures going to be printed off at size A3 for framing in your house? If so, take a good look at the areas you intend to hang these up. How many are there? What colours would best suite the rooms. What poses or styles of photo do you want to display there? What effect do you want them to have in which room? Are you going for 'friends I have' or 'cool dance pictures' etc.

Ask yourself these questions. If you can't narrow down the field when you're just browsing the photos, narrow down the field by looking at where you will put them and the effect you want them to have on the room.

Just a suggestion ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Take a (knowledgeable) PC user, and introduce a Mac user. The Mac user criticises Windows/Microsoft. The PC user will probably agree; Windows is a pain, there are security problems, it can be slow, the Registry system is a stone nightmare, the computer gets clogged with crap. Microsoft's technical directors should be slowly roasted over a fire.

Take a Mac user, and introduce a PC user. The PC user criticises the Mac/Apple.

The Mac user becomes apoplectic. Macs are incredible, no-one knows how immeasurably superior they are to PCs with Windoze, Apple are the company that saved the planet, blah blah.

Funny, idnit?
    If your criticism of Apple or the Mac is valid, I'd likely agree. I don't think I've been "apoplectic" in my life.

Perhaps though the reason for the difference between Mac users and Windows users is that there is a real difference between the two systems.

Windows users can't help notice the various flaws of their chosen system, but still put up with them for some reason... Masochism?

Mac users know they are using a better, more reliable system, and can't understand why people continue to use Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    ...I am looking forward to mac bringing out their new laptops that support windows. I will get one because they look prettier than the rest.
    All Apple's current range of computers (laptops included) are able to run Windows. No need to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Nah. Got to agree with Barry on this one, especially because of the "associated crap" line
    You're both still wrong – as Apple continue to profitably make computers.

Anyway "still the best" suggests the Mac was always the best for none text media - whereas the Amiga was far superior for video production in the past, a mantle now taken by the PC. The Mac was always good for publishing and photo related software but then, now, so is the PC
    One example of why Apple is better than Windows for image manipulation is ColorSync.

Read that web page and explain to me how Windows is as good.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Mac users know they are using a better, more reliable system, and can't understand why people continue to use Windows.
    Its all very subjective - having used many, many operating systems I can safely say they are ALL flawed in someway. I find as many annoying things about Mac OSX as I do about XP. In most cases though , I would agree - if money is not an issue - new users may well be much happier with a Mac. Barry still had a very good point. Mac users, as a rule, are far less critical about the flaws in Mac software.

You're both still wrong – as Apple continue to profitably make computers.
    We may well be wrong - but comedy wins

One example of why Apple is better than Windows for image manipulation is ColorSync.

Read that web page and explain to me how Windows is as good.
    I suggested the Mac is not the very best for non-text work and all you can come up with is a single technology...for printing? Does no other computer allow for CMYK printing? They do you know.

You mention Colorsync as if its makes image manipulation better! It has nothing to do with image manipulation - its so you can see on screen exactly what will be printed out. Not all images will be printed out, and if they are, something like Colorsync is only useful if you are a professional printer. Even then, you would still proof your work. Its a niche "clutching at straws" example you have there .

It would be interesting to hear if someone like ESG is not satisfied with the colours on his PC compared to the end printed result !

We may well be wrong - but comedy wins

Exactamundo! Never let the truth get in the way of a good larf!!

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    {snip helfpul suggestions}
    Thanks, Genie. A little out of sympathy with the make-the-pictures-go-with-the-decor thing. Else I could only choose the pictures with a strong magnolia element..

Thread Information