Thread: Car Dancing

Car Dancing

Inspired by my own post elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I've been driving into work in the sunshine, smiling, singing and car dancing.
    You know. You've good music on, you can't help moving your body, styling the spare arm as you reach for the gear stick then changing gear on the breaks etc...

Or is that just me...?

One evening this week, I was braking in time to the music on the drive out of where I work. Glanced in the mirror to see another member of staff behind me - I'm sure she wondered what I was doing with the brake lights flashing on and off!

Anyone else 'car dance'? Any good examples?

Blog Entries

Re: Car Dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Inspired by my own post elsewhere You know. You've good music on, you can't help moving your body, styling the spare arm as you reach for the gear stick then changing gear on the breaks etc...

Or is that just me...?

One evening this week, I was braking in time to the music on the drive out of where I work. Glanced in the mirror to see another member of staff behind me - I'm sure she wondered what I was doing with the brake lights flashing on and off!

I'd heard that driving in Ireland could be a little dangerous!

I know what you mean Lynn! I've done similar. Usually gets some funny looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    changing gear on the breaks etc...

Or is that just me...?

I'm for ever changing gear with emphasis. I've found myself listening to a particularly smooth track and wanting to start steering all over the road, feeling the glide . . . Not allowed tho. . .

The nearest I've come is this weekend at Storm: I had some FAB dances with a guy called Fred (?) who led my from his wheelchair. It was awesome! We glided, swirved and swept our way around the dancefloor - (Not sure if he's a forumite?)

OMG... This is another one of those, I thought it was just me moments !!! Brake pedal, drum pedal - same thing isn't it???

D

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    I'm for ever changing gear with emphasis. I've found myself listening to a particularly smooth track and wanting to start steering all over the road, feeling the glide . . . Not allowed tho. . .
    Part of my drive home from work is along a road with mini roundabouts and some traffic calming stuff (there isn't usually much traffic though, I guess its because there is a school) and I can do quite nice curves round the mini roundabouts, given the right music (and no other cars about!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    The nearest I've come is this weekend at Storm: I had some FAB dances with a guy called Fred (?) who led my from his wheelchair. It was awesome! We glided, swirved and swept our way around the dancefloor - (Not sure if he's a forumite?)
    Yep, had a few lovely dances with him too this weekend.

Dont have a car but i do tend to the same sort of thing on the exercise bike at the gym - when a song speeds up/kicks back in, i go up the gears and get out of the seat (i have heard standing up on the bike referred to as 'dancing on the pedals' before although that commentator might change his mind if he saw me on a bike!). When i am on the cross-trainer i try to keep track with the beat - luckily they don't play any slow songs (this is actually quite useful for keeping track of the beat when the beat disappears for a while). I must have the best arm-jive in town by now

Quote Originally Posted by Jhutch View Post
    Dont have a car but i do tend to the same sort of thing on the exercise bike at the gym - when a song speeds up/kicks back in, i go up the gears and get out of the seat (i have heard standing up on the bike referred to as 'dancing on the pedals' before although that commentator might change his mind if he saw me on a bike!). When i am on the cross-trainer i try to keep track with the beat - luckily they don't play any slow songs (this is actually quite useful for keeping track of the beat when the beat disappears for a while). I must have the best arm-jive in town by now
    Just don't try and see if a footwork pattern works with a particular song while on the treadmill....

I tend to 'lead' the gear stick into each gear (pushing sideways rather than hand on top), and have been known to bop in the car quite a bit

... that is when I have a car with a working sound system in it :waaaah:

Not just you at all, I was stuck in traffic for 30 mins this morning and found myself dancing away esp when Aerosmith- Dude Looks Like a Lady came on! shortly followed by a playing of 9-5 I got a few funny looks but mostly just giggles it's always good to cheer someone up and makes traffic jams more fun.
    So everyone should take part in a bit of car dancing good for the soul

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Got pulled by the police for driving erridically whilst car dancing to "Nine to Five"

That to some explaining and a neg breathalizer to sort out.

Thread Information