Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Storm March 07, the aftermath

Smile Re: Storm March 07, the aftermath

EVERYTHING was a highlight.
    the best thing about weekenders is the fact that u get to see your closest friends all together. we are all so spread out! dont u just hate that? i got to see chelsea (who is in my opinion one of the best dancers in the country), jamie, alex, DD, tom baker, and i met loads of others. not to mention finally learnin why fletch is the B.O.G.O.F. it took a bit of time

btw thanks for dancin with me this w/e gone, loved every moment of it!
    xxx

Re: Storm March 07, the aftermath

My blues room training sessions of the FoxyFunkster (not that he needs much more training eh girls - but don't tell him that or my cover will be blown !)

The training was outstanding however i could still do with some more fine tuning Foxylady ...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Dynamo View Post
    This was my first weekender and I had the time of my life.
    As I am new to this forum I don't know many people here are however I shore that will change.

High points of the weekend
    1 Turning up on Friday night in the thunderball and being greeted a rather tall young lady with brummie acsent which led to my firdt dance. Thanks Fletch.

It is a privilege to dance with you my brave friend

and i'm so glade you enjoyed the weekend

Does Rachele and Mark know you on hear

Quote Originally Posted by imogen View Post
    not to mention finally learnin why fletch is the B.O.G.O.F. it took a bit of time

Imogen don't try pretending to be innocent, it to late for that

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyFunkster View Post
    ...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....
    from the look of your Profile photo John Travolta has nothing on you

perhaps we could get together for a 'handbag' dance

how about eye 2 eye contact, Edwin Star

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Does Rachele and Mark know you on hear
    I do now!! Welcome to the forum.

2 Managing to dance 2hours Friday, do 7workshops and 6hours freestyle Saturday, 4workshops and 5hours freestyle Sunday and I'm knackered and ache like hell.
    As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was. Wow but that boy has stamina!

Great to hear you enjoyed your first weekender so much. Hope to see a lot more of you on the forum, too.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post

As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was.

Rachel
    i'm not that bright but I am blond

Blind_Dynamo, the B.O.G.O.F. I have under my name you don't need it explaing

Smile Re: Storm March 07, the aftermath

Hi Fletch and Rachel
    thank you for the welcome.
    Rachel I must thankyou for the dances as well

from the look of your Profile photo John Travolta has nothing on you

perhaps we could get together for a 'handbag' dance

how about eye 2 eye contact, Edwin Star
    do i have to bring a handbag also!!! i`ll see you handbags at the ready early doors Fletch.....and i`ll bring some eye contact also....

do i have to bring a handbag also!!! i`ll see you handbags at the ready early doors Fletch.....and i`ll bring some eye contact also....

I have one or two handbags you can allways share one of mine

I have one or two handbags you can allways share one of mine
    shouldn`t that have read 1 or 2 hundred handbags ???

Hi Fletch and Rachel

I hope you will be a Daventry later this month, for more dances

shouldn`t that have read 1 or 2 hundred handbags ???

you have me all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    Good
    The journey down (albeit a bit slow at times in South London), arriving in sunshine Having had a relaxed and scrummy pub lunch.
    The check in speed, (though it was a little intimidating being the only one there faced with all those manned desks, it felt like I was going into a polling station!)
    The dance floors, all superb and fast, and no rough edges on the temporary flooring.
    The people.
    Chilled water, always available as were the cups.
    Simon & Nicole's cabaret
    Pub lunch was yummy!! And so were the chocolates that I accidentaly just had to buy at Jempsons on the way...

I liked the dance floors, but thought that the temporary floors were a tad too fast in my leather soled shoes (which are my favourites!). Tried to buy some suede soled jazz shoes, but they were sold out, unfortunately.

Lots of nice people, but missed the atmosphere of 'this is a big party just for you and your mates' that you always get at Southport.... Obviously not many Scots there, as it's a bit of a trek from Scotland to Camber, but at least there was a handful of us! Actually felt a bit lonely at times....

Highlights
    The company and the food when dining at "The Place" on Sunday night.
    Thank you darling! What a treat that was! Ooooh, and I got ever so slightly tipsy!

Impromptu champagne, and watching LM go crimson at a barrage of unremitting compliments about her dancing.
    I'm still blushing just thinking about that! Oooh, I just can't handle that many compliments! Might have to report on this on the 'dance compliments' thread....

The lunar eclipse.
    Shame we missed the beginning of it, though!

The Bad
    The filthy state of the chalet, every cooking utensil needed cleaning, every cupboard/surface was sticky, and what I cleaned from the floor is best not mentioned After an hour or so of cleaning, and plenty of bleach, it was bearable.
    It was disgusting!!! I wonder when the floors had last been washed. Or the curtains. Or anything else, for that matter!

The strong smell of fresh paint in the chalet, OK at least it meant the woodwork was clean!
    Horrible!! It made me wheezy and gave me a blocked nose for the entire weekend.

The inadequate heating - I've stayed in Camber plenty of times before, but never in a chalet with such underpowered heaters, they were tiny! Once the sun had disappeared, we spent Friday early evening under a duvet watching a film trying to get warm. (OK I know I should have gone dancing - but see injuries!)
    Absolutely bloody freezing. That was the really good thing about Southport - arriving to nice hot chalets! It took forever for the chalet to heat up enough for me to ditch the extra fleeceand the duvet that I'd wrapped up in, and my feet were just freezing the whole time!

Apart from periods in the COZ on Friday & Saturday night, THE MUSIC EVERYWHERE WAS TOO LOUD!!! OK I expect that in Camber in the main room, (one reason I hardly ever dance there.) My ears are still ringing, and I expect will do for some time.
    Absolutely. Wish I'd brought earplugs.

The injuries, - for me only being able to dance for about an hour on Friday night, for LM severely restricting her dancing,
    Not a good weekend for injuries for a lot of people. UP with a twisted ankle, myself, S&E and Lynn with bad backs, Sheepy with bad ankle and knee.... It really got me so down in the end (I just couldn't move my legs properly, esp. on Sunday), that I fled the COZ in tears, and spent the rest of the night alone in my freezing chalet. I was in such a state that I was detemined never to go to another weekender, ever! We'll see....

Just too many dancers I missed
    Me too.

Being too slow to get one of Sparkles cakes, entirely my own fault.
    Escaping to chalet, and hence missing the cakes. Yes, entirely my own fault.

Not the best weekend I've been to, mainly because of my back, and my mood as a result of it, but I don't really like the layout of the Camber venue, either. And a lot of people I love dancing with were not there. And the weather...... And the cold chalet.....

Next Ceroc weekender I'm going to is Blaze. I hope it'll be an altogether more pleasant experience, and a lot WARMER!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Had an interesting conversation with Cruella who informed me that she knew everything within the first 10 minutes of arriving at Camber... How that woman gets her gossip so fast is beyond me!
    It was in large neon lights as we drove in to the camp!

The training was outstanding however i could still do with some more fine tuning Foxylady ...i`ll be at Utopia on friday.....
    Well if Foxylady's ever otherwise engaged i'll happily be her understudy.

Hi Fletch and Rachel
    Rachel I must thankyou for the dances as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I do now!! Welcome to the forum.

As soon as I saw this, I knew who it was. Wow but that boy has stamina!

Great to hear you enjoyed your first weekender so much. Hope to see a lot more of you on the forum, too.

Rachel
    I'm guessing this is the guy you directed me to Rachel?
    If so, thanks for the dances Blind Dynamo.

A great weekend so what if the weather was crap,never stopped me from dancing.
    The music all weekend was great in all rooms.I do obviously prefer the COZ room but i did go upstairs a few times and really enjoyed it.
    Sat & sun night in COZ were fab and all sets of music were great to dance to.
    We had great fun the last few hours mon morning and top marks to everyone who stopped right to the last tracks,when i thought LORY really did us proud by capturing those fun moments.
    A big thanks to the one and only BARMPOT, who at the end of MARCS set early hours sunday morning walked upto the stage with a plate of bacon sarnies and daddies brown sauce, it doesnt get any better than that.
    Once again a memorable weekend for me to be in the company of so many lovely people roll on chill guys

Fletch
    I'll try and be there.
    anyway Bright. Outgoing. Goodlooking. On the ball. Fun to be with. how am doing?

Cruella
    I'm not sure which young lady you are but thank you and it is very likely Rachel sent you in my direction and hope to meet you again soon
    Last edited by Blind_Dynamo; 7th-March-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Review

.............. edited out.....
    I spent a lot of time in the WCS room, and as mentioned, loved the music in there. Small numbers but a big thanks to those who were there - esp a few experienced WCSers who took the time to dance with me and offer really helpful feedback. Perhaps it was partly because there weren't many people in there, but I felt that the WCS dancers who were there were welcoming and friendly to me, and as a newbie I appreciated that and tried to be equally welcoming to the WCS complete first timers who ventured in.

It was a pity that so few people were there - a lot of people came and looked in and left again as there weren't many about - more people would have given the room a vibe which would have attracted even more in. (I just persisted and stayed there even when there was almost no-one else because I'm in my 'make the most of every opportunity to learn and dance WCS' mode.)

:
    I did look into the WCS room a few times (btw thanks Lynn for the dances) but it seems that much of the time there was enough suitable music being played in the 'blues room' to make the WCS room kind of superfluous, except that is as somewhere to practice and talk more, which is incredibly useful. But then again I couldn't make it for the 10.00 review class on the final night.
    I took four of the five classes Paul and catherine offered and enjoyed them enormously, despite often being unable to make my feet do what they were meant to be doing.
    It was unfortunate that only a handful of us were rotating in the last class - four women and five men, or six men when one of the women, having earlier decided to correct my hand hold, obviously decided she had nothing to learn so made an excuse and left. It would have been helpful had more of the experienced WCS dancers joined the rotation and at least helped to pass on some of their undoubted skills to some of us keen learners but obviously lesser mortals (moan over).
    Other than that I had a great time, did far more classes than usual and watched most of the others. I skipped the cabarets completely for the first time. The blues room atmosphere and music was up to scratch, wonderful to see so much emphasis on WCS at a Ceroc event (also fab lessons from Marc and Rachel, Howard and Nicola, Siimon and Nicole etc etc....)..and I did see 'that dance' with Jamie and Imogen as well.....

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

The hip hop cabaret.

Cheers DD+

Are you going to put the one of Alex and James double dancing in the coat. Funniest thing at camber.

Its taken me a while to recover from sleep deprivation after this weekend, but here goes...

The highs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

'THE' dance, with Spice'n'easy
    1. What can I say - I have not laughed so much for a long time!! It began with the look of terror on S'n'Easy's face as he realised Silverfox had just passed on the opportunity to dance with Lory. Why, you might well ask... well when Riaz saw that glint in her eye - he knew he was in for trouble!

It must be said hun - you rose to the occasion a match made in heaven!

2. Spending time with people I like a lot, especially Lory - I've never seen lucozade have such an effect on anyone before! Thanks sweetie

3. The 80's revival session we had in our chalet on Sat afternoon (I think that's when it was - its all a bit of a blur time wise Some of those tracks were fab Vince & I think you should def add some to your playlist (but maybe not for Utopia!! we will just have to find another occasion. )

4. My chalet mates - as always Silverfox & Spice'n'easy, you are the best boys! and great to have new recruit Foxylady joining us this time, you just slipped into our groove so easily.

5. Barnpot coming down on Sat night.

6. Riaz's new speakers!

7. I didn't really make it upstairs much, largely due to the fantastic sets played downstairs by Silverfox, Smashy, John Baker & OXO - and not forgetting Zebra Womans sack the DJ spot in the pub. I loved being able to get my west coast fix in the great atmosphere of the COZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

But the absolute highlight was Monday morning in the Blues Room from about 1-30am onwards, the music was just superb, every track was a winner, so funky and yet so mellow too and I had an absolute ball with the handbag dancing, the atmosphere was incredible! (SEE HERE, sorry its terrible quality! Therefore, i'm afraid it'll only make sense if you were there! But at least you'll be able to enjoy the singing! )
    8. I couldn't have put it any better! The video may not be great quality, but the moment is captured (& relived) in my mind when I watch it! I still couldn't work out who was leading the body roll, when we were all in a line (but whoever it was... they were definately on the "off beat"! ) It was a stroke of genious palying senorita for the last track - a new tradition I feel!!

Lorraine it must be said... to get in "the finger" and all that singing you sure do have a talent - not sure in what, Jack D & coke maybe?

And so for the lows...

1. Val Forsey having her jacket & personal things stolen from behind the DJ area in the COZ. I thought better of the dance crowd!

2. The West Coast Swing room was a bit of a let down we had Trampy & KGD playing some fantastic music, but the room just didn't work. IMO because it was too far away from the COZ, to attract people to dance in it, especially when there was also fab music going on down there, with so much of it great to WC to, with a great atmosphere.

Generally...

I had a great weekend, not the usual buzz for me, but I think that was me - rather than the weekend.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy Tink View Post
    Silverfox had just passed on the opportunity to dance with Lory.
    I think you mean 'ran away'!

2. Spending time with people I like a lot, especially Lory
    The feeling it completely mutual, I can assure you... your a true soulmate!

Lorraine it must be said... to get in "the finger" and all that singing you sure do have a talent - not sure in what, Jack D & coke maybe?
    Actually, we can't blame Jack this time... it was Ron Bacardi

1. Val Forsey having her jacket & personal things stolen from behind the DJ area in the COZ. I thought better of the dance crowd!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information