Thread: Online booking/computers - Aargh!!!

Online booking/computers - Aargh!!!

I was booking my flight to scotland, with Ryan air. Just before I could print out the confirmation an error can up with the page and it SHUT DOWN. I didnt have time to write down the booking reference number. An hour later I've still had no confirmation by email of my booking.

Now do you think I can find an email address to write to them? Nooo! Their offices shut at 5.45 (what a silly time!)

Re: Online booking/computers - Aargh!!!

Sorry, another thing.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smheader>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanair
    The Online Check-in/Priority Boarding service can be purchased by *qualifying passengers* for £2/€3 per passenger/per one way flight either at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre. These fees are non refundable.
    *The following passengers cannot use Online Check-In:
    • Passengers travelling with checked baggage or on the same reservation as a passenger travelling with checked baggage.
    • Children aged between 14-18 years travelling alone
    • Passengers travelling with infants
    • Passengers travelling with mobility equipment (including children's buggies)
    • Passengers with reduced mobility, blind/visual impaired passengers including those travelling with a sighted companion
    • Blind/visual impaired passenger travelling with a guide dog
    • Passengers who require special assistance at the airport
    • Passengers travelling from Italy to the UK
    • Passengers travelling on a passport which is due to expire within 30 days from the date of travel.
    • When there are more than 9 passengers booked in a reservation
    N.B. Passengers who have purchased Online Check-In that subsequently do not qualify for the service will be offered Priority Boarding onto the aircraft. All Online Check-in/Priority Boarding fees are non refundable.
    How does that work?
    </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I suppose you could say its confusing advertising - if you are any of the people in the bullet points you cannot use online check-in because they need to physically check you in, but you still get priority boarding for your £2.

Are you coming to visit me? you should have said

I was booking flights yesterday with Jet2 and it got 'stuck' on the 'processing' page - it says not to use your back or refresh button - I left to see how long it would go and after about 1/2 hour just closed it. I had recieved a confirmation email by that stage and was aware from a previous experience (when I'd had to phone them) that this happens. I booked another flight with them minutes later (opened another window) and it processed with no problems.

They have all the messages about not pressing back or refresh, if you haven't got a confirmation email, or if the page hasn't moved on etc, to ring them - so clearly know that it can be a problem - no idea why they can't just make sure if doesn't happen - other airline booking systems have no problem (haven't tried Ryan Air as they don't fly out of NI).

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

intermittent bugs are the hardest to get rid of, its probably a back end problem - in computer land, a program may ask another program for something and wait for a response, if it doesn't get what it expects or gets nothing. it could wait for ever. Which is annoying for a user of course. Some booking sites are better than others of course

Thread Information