Thread: Get well soon Fran.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Get well soon Fran.

Fran (Frances Browning) from Bedford has been taken to hospital after collapsing from a suspected stroke at work on Monday. She is in the acute assessment unit in Bedford hospital. She's had scans and results were sent off yesterday to Addenbrookes hospital and are now awaiting results. She is in a bad way, she cant feel her left side and is mostly unconscious at the moment.
    She is not a forumite but i'm sure some of you will know her. She was the other third of John Sweeney, Miss Conducts double trouble team that won at the champs a few years ago. A regular at Hammersmith, Ashtons, Bedford and MK.
    We wish her a complete and quick recovery.
    Last edited by Cruella; 14th-February-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Re: Get well soon Fran.

Oh my God, what awful news. Especially for one so young. I don't know Fran particularly closely, but I do like her and it's always lovely to see her.

Hopefully her youth and fitness will contribute to a full recovery before too long, although it's bound to take a while. We'll be thinking of her.

Rachel

Commercial Operator

I saw Fran on Saturday night. I'm shocked at this news and wish her a very speedy recovery.
    David

Wishing Fran a really speedy recovery..

...sending lots of love and hoping she will be back on her feet soon... (she has been around the local dance scene for many years (Bedford, etc.,)and Ive always found her to be very friendly..and a really lovely person..)

GET WELL SOON..

Luv Jan

Fran - we've never met but here's wishing you all the best - what a rotten thing to happen to you Wishing you back on your feet and feeling well with speed

I am sending the below note on behalf of Ian:
    I would like to thank the many people who have sent cards, text messages wishing Fran well, many from people who did not know here but had seen her on the dance floor with her unique style of dance and outfits to be amazed at!!
    Her condition is stable and already showing slight signs of improvement, here speech is now completely audible although only 5 or 6 words at a time before she drifts back to sleep and we have 1/2 a smile. The stroke affected her left side, she has no controlled movement although she does have feeling there. She is meeting the Physio team today, Thursday.
    At present she is in Bedford Hospital, we are awaiting the results of a scan, which are being examined at Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge, with a possible transfer there - I will keep you informed of her whereabouts.
    Again many thankyou's to you all that are wishing and praying for her recovery.
    If anyone wishes to pass on there own private messages please email them to fran_ceroc@yahoo.co.uk
    Regards Ian

A note from Me : For those that may want to visit or send cards or flowers to her, She is moving into another ward today called the "Victoria ward".
    Any other queries or updates you can call the hospital on 01234 355122.

What very sad news. My thoughts are with Fran, her family and friends.

Strokes are commonly thought of as afflicting only people of pensionable age. In fact, over 10,000 people per year under 55, and 1,000 under 30, suffer strokes each year. The Stroke Association is the largest stroke charity, but there is a charity called Different Strokes that is specifically concerned with younger sufferers. Check the link below for some very moving stories of survivors from stroke.

http://www.differentstrokes.co.uk/

I so hope that you make a very good recovery Fran.

You are in our thoughts Frankie

I do recall who you are Fran I saw you at Blackpool, although you won't know me. Hope you make a good recovery and get well soon.

Commercial Operator

I'd like to add my best wishes to Fran. I've never met her, but it must be a huge blow to suffer something like this. My father suffered a stroke, and had to retire before he was 60. I hope all goes well, and that she makes as full a recovery as possible. God bless.

Thread Information