Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commercial Operator tag

Commercial Operator

Re: Any ideas?!?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Having recently changed my status from "Ceroc DJ", I am somewhat unhappy with "senior member".

Am also too pants to come up with my own tag, so the question is...

Any ideas?!?
    Seems like someone's already done it for you CJ....you bad old commercial operator you....

Glitter Queen

I thought you were only a commercial operator if you ran your own dancing venue...?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    I thought you were only a commercial operator if you ran your own dancing venue...?
    No, the Commercial Operator tag applies to anyone who sells dance services. So if you get paid to teach, DJ etc... or run a venue then you are a Commercial Operator.
    I was recently asked to update several forum members (CJ included) as people felt it would be easier and clearer to see where they were coming from in some discussions.
    If we have forgotten anyone, just let one of the moderators know!
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    No, the Commercial Operator tag applies to anyone who sells dance services. So if you get paid to teach, DJ etc... or run a venue then you are a Commercial Operator.
    Is it worth an additional layer of granularity (e.g. "Ceroc teacher", "Independent DJ", etc.)? "Commercial Operator" covers a lot of ground...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Forum "direction"

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    For example, I think the "Commercial operator" labels are good, because they provide some form of context -

It defintiely helps to know DS's is PapaSmurf, when putting 'his' posts into context

But seriously, for the people who don't know all the forumites and what involvement, if any, they have in MJ, then I do believe it helps to give some perspective on their POV's, knowing what angle they're coming from.

And, I'm not suggesting for one minute, anyone's tried to be underhanded before, by not openly declaring their 'interests' and setting out to promote a hidden agenda.

But, on the other hand, I have slight reservations about the labelling too... I hate the thought of people 'only' being seen in their title role and not to be given a chance to express their 'true' feelings, without being prejudged.
    .................................................. ..........................

I agree with what Baruch said, I truly believe one can be a true supporter of Ceroc (or any other organisation) but still be critical of it and of course, the true supporters 'want' Ceroc to evolve and improve and the only way to achieve this, is for honest feedback to be listened to and embraced.

Yes, of course its good to defend what you believe in but what one doesn't want, is to be so defensive, that people are scared to make suggestions and ask questions, for fear of being ridiculed, the only achievement there, is to alienate people and risk breeding a quiet undercurrent of discontentment.

The one thing that has become surprisingly but glaringly obvious to me, is that people in general, seem to be more suspicious in nature than I ever thought and the one thing they hate, is to feel they're being lied to or cheated and I'm afraid the only way to overcome peoples natural suspiciousness and get people on your side, is to be as open and honest about the company's aims and aspirations as one can be.
    Last edited by Lory; 27th-February-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    It defintiely helps to know DS's is PapaSmurf, when putting 'his' posts into context
    I just had a little giggle when I re-noticed my 'Forum Bombshell - Friendly Moderator' title. I dunno what context I'm seen in!

No answers required!
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But seriously, for the people who don't know all the forumites and what involvement, if any, they have in MJ, then I do believe it helps to give some perspective on their POV's, knowing what angle they're coming from.
    Sure - putting it in a positive light, it provided more credibility to posts. For example, if you know that someone's a professional DJ, their opinion on sound systems has more credibility - they may still be talking rubbish of course, but at least it's professional rubbish

On the other hand, I have slight reservations about the labelling too... I hate the thought of people 'only' being seen in their title role and not to be given a chance to express their 'true' feelings, without being prejudged.
    What, like "Moderator"?

Realistically, the only way to do that is to use up more screen space, and provide two "labels" - one indicating job title, and one "fun" one.

But I feel that the signature is for the "fun" stuff anyway...

The one thing that has become surprisingly but glaringly obvious to me, is that people in general, seem to be more suspicious in nature than I ever thought and the one thing they hate, is to feel they're being lied to or cheated and I'm afraid the only way to overcome peoples natural suspiciousness and get people on your side, is to be as open and honest about the company's aims and aspirations as one can be.
    Yeah? What are you trying to sell?

Blog Entries

Yeah? What are you trying to sell?
    Me? I'm just a regular, all round punter darling!

Commercial Operator

Great thinking... one can never have too much granularity!!!

Is it worth an additional layer of granularity (e.g. "Ceroc teacher", "Independent DJ", etc.)? "Commercial Operator" covers a lot of ground...
    personally I think that would be nice too, for the reasons that have already been explained and also because IMOFI it bears some sort of derogative connation, like 'careful this person is likely to try and sell you some evil stuff'.

On the same subject, what's the rule (if any) for some senior members' tag line? Like when do you actually get one?
    And why Beo never got his well deserved 'Dark Princess of the Geeks' one ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    IMOFI it bears some sort of derogative connation, like 'careful this person is likely to try and sell you some evil stuff'. [/COLOR]
    I don't see that at all, I'm very proud of my commercial operations, and I really don't imagine any of the other Commercial Operators being ashamed of their product or status?
    Franck.

I don't see that at all, I'm very proud of my commercial operations, and I really don't imagine any of the other Commercial Operators being ashamed of their product or status?
    oh I know, I did say it was all 'in my own feverered imagination', I don't expect most people to live in my own little (French) world...

PS: are you not going to explain about senior members' tag lines then ?

Commercial Operator

No, the Commercial Operator tag applies to anyone who sells dance services.
    If we have forgotten anyone, just let one of the moderators know!
    Sorry - wasn't entirely clear about this but was wondering.

Would a Moderator kindly amend my tag line to 'Commercial Operator' please.

Thanks

Andy

Commercial Operator

But, on the other hand, I have slight reservations about the labelling too... I hate the thought of people 'only' being seen in their title role and not to be given a chance to express their 'true' feelings, without being prejudged.
    Hmm...interesting point Lory. When I was a commercial operator AND a Ceroc DJ, I was only ever labelled as a Ceroc DJ, and commercial operator was never mentioned......but when I stopped DJing for Ceroc Scotland, I automatically became a commercial operator. It's only a label though, so why worry eh

Re: Commercial Operator tag

Forgive my stupidity Do you have to work for Ceroc to have one of these tags or does Commercial Operator cover all franchises?

xXx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    Hmm...interesting point Lory. When I was a commercial operator AND a Ceroc DJ, I was only ever labelled as a Ceroc DJ, and commercial operator was never mentioned......but when I stopped DJing for Ceroc Scotland, I automatically became a commercial operator. It's only a label though, so why worry eh
    When you started DJ-ing for Ceroc, you specifically asked to be re-named Ceroc DJ. This was accurate then. When you stopped, you were still a Commercial operator so the most accurate tag was applied.
    If the Commercial Cap fits...
    Franck.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon View Post
    better than "Tosser" , think yourself lucky

Commercial Operator

Is that like an industrial cap?!? Used by hookers, etc?!?!?!?

Commercial Operator

When you started DJ-ing for Ceroc, you specifically asked to be re-named Ceroc DJ. This was accurate then. When you stopped, you were still a Commercial operator so the most accurate tag was applied.
    It fitted ok when I was a Ceroc DJ too...it just got covered by the big orange & black one...

Blog Entries

Re: Commercial Operator tag

Quote Originally Posted by jive_me View Post
    Forgive my stupidity Do you have to work for Ceroc to have one of these tags or does Commercial Operator cover all franchises?
    Nope, as I said earlier, anyone getting paid for dance services should be identified as such.
    Franck.

Thread Information