Thread: Bad Night Dancing

Angry Bad Night Dancing

Well the actual dancing was pretty good.

The bad part was coming back to my car to find some little low life had put the drivers window through and stolen my sat nav that was stashed under the seat ( i know should have taken it with me). The police think that the chances are that the car park was being watched, and that they probally saw me drive in with the unit on the windscreen and then went looking for it.

So i urge you all to take the sat nav of your screen before you get to the car park not just when you park.

That little mistake is now going to cost me £50 for the insurance claim on the screen and the inconvience of having to get it fixed, the pain of finding glass for ever in the car of and £300 worth of sat nav. The final insult is i wont be able to find any where to dance.

Gent.

Re: Bad Night Dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Gentabout View Post
    Well the actual dancing was pretty good.

The bad part was coming back to my car to find some little low life had put the drivers window through and stolen my sat nav that was stashed under the seat ( i know should have taken it with me). The police think that the chances are that the car park was being watched, and that they probally saw me drive in with the unit on the windscreen and then went looking for it.

So i urge you all to take the sat nav of your screen before you get to the car park not just when you park.

That little mistake is now going to cost me £50 for the insurance claim on the screen and the inconvience of having to get it fixed, the pain of finding glass for ever in the car of and £300 worth of sat nav. The final insult is i wont be able to find any where to dance.

Gent.
    I always take my sat nav OUT of the car - however, I did used to leave the cradle on the windscreen .........................

Just before Christmas I had my window smashed and the cradle stolen still cost me the normal insurance excess etc., but worse than, as my NavMan was over a year old and I couldn't get a replacement cradle (got one now - but took TWO MONTHTS)

Moral of the story - not only take sat nav out of car, also remove cradle and any evidence on your windscreen of it !

(at least you got a new sat nav - for your trouble )

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gentabout View Post
    That's terrible, I'd be lost if someone broke into my car and stole my £2.99 map book.

You really do have my sympathy, but an opportunity to take the p1ss... I just can't help myself

Risk of sat nav being pinched from car.
    Risk of sat nav being pinched from dance bag.
    Which is higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    That's terrible, I'd be lost if someone broke into my car and stole my £2.99 map book.
    Why would anyone do that? Nobody can read a map nowadays.

Daisy

(A Smug Ordinance Surveyed Little Flower)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
    Why would anyone do that? Nobody can read a map nowadays.

Daisy

(A Smug Ordinance Surveyed Little Flower)
    So how do you find your way to the Sat Nav shop?

So how do you find your way to the Sat Nav shop?

Nick a satnav?

Thanks people for all the kind words, made me feel a little better.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I spoke to auto glass about 1am this morning they told me that they could have it fixed by 1pm.<o:p></o:p>
    Only problem now is getting the window fixed, RAC auto windscreens are my insurers preferred choice, phoned them first thing this morning to get it sorted. They told me they would being able to do the work at the garage the car is at today to have a mot and service (seriously expensive day already), that was at 9am, they told me they would have someone call me before lunch, nothing. So I phoned them back at 12.30, explained everything again to the lady and she went away to check everything was ok, came back telling me that the local depot would call me back with 30 minutes and so would she. Nothing, so I called the depot at 2pm only to be told they have a computer issue and are not receiving or taking jobs and it is a problem they have had all day and that I should just call a different company to get it fixed <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 14.25pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/smilies/7.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 14.25pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/smilies/11.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>. Why could they not have told me that this morning so that I could have arranged it? Phoned my insurance company back and told them the situation only to be told by them that I could have had auto glass do the work. I had already spoken to auto glass at about 1am this morning, they told me that they could have it fixed by 1pm providing I phoned them before 10am, but to check with my insurance first for the go ahead. So the insurers put me through directly to autoglass, have to explain it all again, they do not have the glass and cannot do it until tomorrow afternoon. They are going to come out this evening and put a piece of plastic in the hole to make the car secure, between 6pm and 1am.<o:p></o:p>
    So all in all a pretty **** 24 hours, if it is not bad enough being a victim of the low life criminals, getting the damage sorted out is more stressful. <o:p></o:p>
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Gent</st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
    <v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 14.25pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/smilies/11.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> <o:p></o:p>
    Ps sorry for my ramblings, just had to vent somewhere. My staff are getting much much worse.<o:p></o:p>

Poor you - I do sympathise - as I said, it happened to me last November and I am still finding pieces of glass in the car

The glass in my window was replaced 2 hours after the incident by Autowindscreens - however, I have a big dent in the rubber type surround, they must have hit the window with a sledge hammer.

AND........... this occured in a major road (one with a bus route)

Mine was one of THREE that was vandalised that day, and no one reported anything

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Same here mate, though mine was free as my bro got it via work. Don't understand these satnav things. 5 mins of pre-driving time on Multimap or Google Maps and then reviewing my main map is enough for me.

Sorry to hear about the satnav though. I had my car broken into at home about 10 mins after I parked up. It was the one and now last time I left my stereo faceplate in the car.

I've not succumbed to a sat nav yet - I quite like the adventure of trying to find a place - and I don't like asking for help either (which isn't a typical woman thing, I believe).

Anyways, was reading in a particular mag that the most common types of car crime at the mo are to do with car radios and sat navs. Tips were to remove sat navs, including the power cord and windscreen mount and wipe the sucker mark left by it.

Must admit I'm bad for leaving my stereo in my glove compartment but decided that was the best place after I took it to work and left it there and really missed it!

Well the latest about this is the following.

No one had contacted me last night to confirm the time for coming out to secure the car so i phoned autoglass at 8pm to chase them up. They then informed me they had no record of the appointment for last night and none for that evening for me, but did have a record of my initial call to them the night before. So after a long conversation (slightly heated as you can imagine) they suddenly found the details after a system reset and an attempt at re booking. Problem then was that there was no one available to come out last night to make the car secure and no record that an appointment had been made, (the guy on the phone all but made me feel like a liar) just the appointment for this afternoon. So after really losing my cool with them i was promised a call back by a manager once they had phoned the recorded call. She phoned me back incredibly apologetic saying that they had listened to the call and yes there was 2 appointments promised, but that the person who took the initial call had made a mistake and that there was nothing they could do about it, because there was no one available to do the work. She asked if i could do anything to the car to make it weather proof and told me customer services would call me in the morning.

Another night with out any sleep as i was worried about the car getting stolen.

Customer services called me this morning again apologising and offering to half the excess i would have to pay to £30 as a form of compensation and confirming that they would do the work this afternoon.

So the fitter turns up, wrong piece of glass so he had to go and get the correct piece, manages to fit the new piece and sort of cleans the glass out of the car. Whilst he is finishing off his paperwork i had a look to make sure all was well only to find some scratches on the glass. He tried to polish them out but could not so they are going to have to order another piece and come back yet again to fix it.

So all in all i am really cheesed off with autoglass and the RAC now.

Gent.

Thread Information