Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shoes...again

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: Shoes...again

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    wasn't there a girl recently in a grey skirt and a pink top, filmed with woodface

pure class

Was there? I know nothing about this.

Trainers are fine with combats or jeans. Just not with a drss, skirt or dance trousers IMO.

well my heels absolutely kill me after a long night dancing so i someimes wear trainers with a skirt or dress but they absoulutely dwarf me!

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

It depends what trainers and what skirt. My trainers look ok with a denim skirt or anything thats not too dressy, but they are a bit like socks and not trainers.
    Beautiful dresses like Fletch wears and big clumpy trainers do not look good unless its near the end of the night at a weekender, but then again most people have got changed since the begining of the night.

Almost SEVEN months ago, I started this thread, and I STILL don't own a pair of proper dance shoes!!

Seems all the ones I've seen are really samey and boring - and when i DO see a nice pair, they're on someone's feet! Or I'll see them in a shop....leave them and think about it, go out dancing, and spot about 7 ladies with the shoes i was considering!

I'm sort of resigned to the fact that I'll probably only be happy with custom-made shoes - I really wish I could take all the 'dance' shoes I've got - take them to pieces, and glue them back together as a sort of franken-shoe - but then they won't last 2 seconds!

Any recommendation for custom made shoes?
    I've looked a heavenly, and some company in America I can't remember the name of. I'm happy to order off the internet, but if anyone knows of a place I gan get them in person - Preferably in the North West, or the Midlands, I'd love them forever if they told me!!

I been dancing since Nov 2006 and i still dont have proper dance shoes as they are expensive and i am not working as am part time student! and the shoes i currently use are starting to crack in the sole so will need proper dance shoes.. i think i will have to get character black shoes for now as they are cheaper than the gorgeous ones i want from heavenly!!

I thought I'd just tag onto this thread instead of creating yet another dance shoe thread! (hope no one minds)
    I'm trying to find a pair of cuban heel dance shoes, the ones that can fasten in 2 different ways, you know the ones? I think Tatiana wears them. The only pair I can find are from Supadance and that would mean I'd have to wait for them for ages and I'm very impatient.
    Can anyone help me?
    x

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaB View Post
    I thought I'd just tag onto this thread instead of creating yet another dance shoe thread! (hope no one minds)
    I'm trying to find a pair of cuban heel dance shoes, the ones that can fasten in 2 different ways, you know the ones? I think Tatiana wears them. The only pair I can find are from Supadance and that would mean I'd have to wait for them for ages and I'm very impatient.
    Can anyone help me?
    x
    can you get a picture to show us?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

The only pair I can find are from Supadance and that would mean I'd have to wait for them for ages
    Why? I've ordered a few pairs of shoes from Supadance and I think the most I've had to wait is about 4 days.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

These ones, On supadance they're quite expensive and says the price didn't include shipping, just wondered if they could be bought anywhere else
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There's always eBay from China or Hong Kong - I have bought a pair on a whim - surprisingly, they can be quite comfy. Postage takes ages, but they are fair quality and mine are still going strong after 3 months wear.

What size do you take?
    Children's shoes are usually cheaper and often go up to size 5. I looked at the supadance website and they have only a limited choice available of the ones you want, too, so even if you decide to pay the money you might not be able to get what you're after

These are not exactly what you're after but are similar. I have a pair of "Penny" black, which are not dull black but quite sparkly. They are the cheapest shoes I have bought, outwith sales and special offers, and I'm really happy with them.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Yeah I just fall out of the childs shoe category with a 5.5 shoe. Oh well guess i'll just go for those on supadance then, now just need to find my other half to pay

By the way, Rotate is also on Ebay - and £5 cheaper than on their own website.

These ones, On supadance they're quite expensive and says the price didn't include shipping, just wondered if they could be bought anywhere else
    shipping is quick from Supadance, if you are ordering - specifiy that you want a proper buckle if you do - as lots of their shoes are coming with quick release catches - I had to send my last pair back to have the catch changed to a buckle.

if you don't want to pay postage - is there a dance shoe shop in your area that stocks supadance - get them to order them in for you

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post

These are not exactly what you're after but are similar. I have a pair of "Penny" black, which are not dull black but quite sparkly. They are the cheapest shoes I have bought, outwith sales and special offers, and I'm really happy with them.
    Oh thank you for the link!!! cos i was not keen on getting character shoes for my first shoes but the sparkly silver penny shoes are perfect and good price too!!! so i guess that be my first shoes then

I'm thinking of ordering a pair from heavenly - I've only ever seen good stuff about them, and they look gorgeous - Does anyone know how long the wait for them is at the moment?
    Does anyone have a pair of heavenlies they're NOT in love with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythical View Post
    Does anyone know how long the wait for them is at the moment?
    My Scotland shoes were made and posted out within a few days. But that was while ago
    Not that I've ever heard about

Blog Entries

Yeah. Me. But there's nothing wrong with the shoes themselves. They're a pair of pink glittery strappy things I got, because I loved Lynn's so much. But they never really suited me, and I never really got on with them. I should probably try and sell them on, as they've only been worn 3 or 4 times. But they're in storage at the moment, so - out of sight & out of mind.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

I'm thinking of ordering a pair from heavenly - I've only ever seen good stuff about them, and they look gorgeous - Does anyone know how long the wait for them is at the moment?
    I visited the shop two weeks ago today, and the two pairs we ordered arrived last Tuesday (a week and a day later).

Can't help you on the second point, I adore mine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    But they're in storage at the moment, so - out of sight & out of mind.
    I fibbed. I suddenly remembered that they were in a box under the bed. So I got them out. They do look gorgeous - so I'm going to give them one last chance this week. But if we don't hit it off, that's it - they're gone!

Thread Information