Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Somebody keyed my beautiful car.

Re: Somebody keyed my beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Cassettes? What are they?

Even my very old and tired looking Peugeot I drive during the week has a CD player in it for those times of music NEEDs.
    Both mine and troubles meganes are brand new (company cars) and the same thought crossed my mind. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to put a CD player in? Surely the cassette player is a collectors item and would cost a fortune to put in to any car.

Sorry about your car Trouble. Do you have any more piccies? Because from that picture it doesn't look like it should be written off. I'm a member of the car club for my car type and I see many cars saved from scrapping that have taken a hell of a lot more damage than that.

Mostly its just the "insurance approved" garage being absolutely slack as they can still get a lot of money from your insurance company for the job without even repairing it. If you can find a company/garage that understands a car enthusiast then quite a lot of "scrapped" cars can be saved.
    To be honest with you if any of my nice cars had been in an accident like that I wouldn't want the car back - they are never the same after major repairs. Of the 4 VX220s that I had 2 have been written off after I sold them One has be resurrected for a TV programme (Wrecks to Riches if anyone ever watched that) but I'd rather it hadn't.

What are you going to get for the next car?
    How about this lovely TVR? One careful owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    it's even got a cassette player and no CD player.
    + =

problem solved !

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    + =

problem solved !
    Too right Beo - that's exactly what I have in my car at the moment! It has a 6CD autochanger as well but I don't really use it!

Please note that my ipod is not pink though.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    Too right Beo - that's exactly what I have in my car at the moment! It has a 6CD autochanger as well but I don't really use it!

Please note that my ipod is not pink though.
    Sorry am I being a thicko here? (answers on a postcard please)

I dont get that at all. Can you explain please.

Blog Entries

Hmm... just a guess, but it looks like you plug the pretend tape into your ipod, insert the tape into the car's cassette player and then it will play all your ipod tunes for you. Clever!

Take your ipod, unplug the headphones and plug the headphone jack end of the tape thing in instead. Whack the tape into your cassette player and hey-presto you have your ipod playing through your car stereo

Edit: Wot SWS said as well. At about £4 it's rather cheaper than getting a proper input wired into your stereo, but you do lose quality. Is still listenable though, and far better than an FM transmitter (don't bother with them, they're a waste of time).

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    Hmm... just a guess, but it looks like you plug the pretend tape into your ipod, insert the tape into the car's cassette player and then it will play all your ipod tunes for you. Clever!
    Thanks. Gav explained it to me. From the picture it looked like you plug your old cassettes in to the Ipod...! I knew that couldn't be right.

Gav's on the case and is going to buy me one.

I really have no clue when it comes to technology. It took me 6 months to work out how to use the forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Trouble
    From the picture it looked like you plug your old cassettes in to the Ipod...! I knew that couldn't be right.
    Bless!
    Take your ipod, unplug the headphones and plug the headphone jack end of the tape thing in instead. Whack the tape into your cassette player and hey-presto you have your ipod playing through your car stereo

Edit: Wot SWS said as well. At about £4 it's rather cheaper than getting a proper input wired into your stereo, but you do lose quality. Is still listenable though, and far better than an FM transmitter (don't bother with them, they're a waste of time).
    Oo I was right, yay me! Hehehe! I have the car and the cassette player; all I need now is one of those tape thingies and an ipod to plug it into, lol.

Blog Entries

As much as i LOVE LOVE LOVE the renault megane, it is temporarily on loan by my company to help me out.... i am currently looking to replace with a car not too fast, econical, automatic preferred soft top - 4 seater. Ive had a look at a peugeot 307 convertable, does anybody know anything about them, are they good cars.

Ideas on a postcard please. I want to look cool though so Skoda drivers need not take part. JUST KIDDING ANY SKODA DRIVERS OUT THERE. !!!!

Trouble if you want a car along the lines of the 307CC (ie a folding hard top convertible) you now have quite a large choice:

Renault Megane CC:

Peugeot 307 CC:

Ford Focus CC:

Vauxhall Astra TwinTop:

Volkswagen Eos:

Volvo C70:

To be honest I'd avoid the first 2 (Megane and 307) as they are getting on a bit comparatively. The rest are much the same so it would be down to personal preference - Focus would probably be the nicest to drive, Eos has a very nice interior with a panoramic glass roof and the Volvo is probably the best looking. I think they're all around the £20k mark once you start speccing them up though the Volvo is a fair bit more than that if I remember correctly.

Is that in the right area or am I barking up the wrong tree?

To be honest with you if any of my nice cars had been in an accident like that I wouldn't want the car back - they are never the same after major repairs.
    That depends on the person who repaired it. Which is why I said a *proper* car enthusiasts garage will fix it and fix it properly. Not like your normal local garage or main dealers. They just want the most money from the insurance for minimal amount of money.

On the car forum for my car I've seen a LOT of accident damaged cars saved and put back to even better condition than they were before. Thankfully we know of a few garages that are enthusiast about their work and pride themselves on it.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I want to look cool though so Skoda drivers need not take part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    JUST KIDDING ANY SKODA DRIVERS OUT THERE. !!!!
    Phew

Actually I will admit I didn't get my Skoda because of its looks - I needed something economical and (despite the image of the marque) not too slow. It's done over 200K miles and still gets me there (mostly). It all depends on what your priorities in a car are, I guess.
    Love dance, will travel

Thread Information